Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition

Go down 
+16
Varrius
TrulyBigHeaded
CyborgZeta
TimeFactor
Bo Staff Katana
DylDawg
Samaël
Txn
DreamSword
Rainstorm
Lloyzerdk
cutepresea
Zwei.0
BlazingFiddlesticks
Dimentionalist
Lewnatic
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm with Lloyzerdk in the fact that I will just wait until I have the game to see how "bad" the new content is voiced. With that being said, I was expecting them to leave the new artes/spells unvoiced, so any work they did to voice the new content is more than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 24, 2014 4:53 pm

I listened to the quotes already. While their deliveries aren't bad, the audio quality is. You'll pretty much have to turn off both sound effects and BGM to hear them completely clear. Granted, Tales games have been somewhat guilty of that in the past, but never to this degree.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Who the hell was directing Clarke for Shining Bind/Holy Binds/Crimson Tremble/whatever the hell they'll call it in his next cameo?

I wanted Vesperia-Badassery, not this.
Back to top Go down
CyborgZeta

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Doesn't bother me. I'm more impressed that they brought everyone back, and they managed to sound the same.

The dialogue not matching the text on the screen seems pretty common though; what's up with that?
Back to top Go down
TrulyBigHeaded
Literal Pokémon Master
TrulyBigHeaded

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Why oh why didn't they just use Cam Clarke's existing "Shining Bind" audio from Vesperia?

And what in the BLUE HELL is "Luminous Binds"?

This was messy, not going to lie. I'm glad they got everyone back and all but...ugh, what a mess. Half the time the dialogue doesn't match up with the text at all. The localisation team really dropped the ball here.
Back to top Go down
Dimentionalist

Dimentionalist

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBBAtX8tY1g&feature=youtu.be

More unused stuff (apparently they DID get Jennifer Hale back).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EtherDimentionalist
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 12:00 am

Why would they dub a bunch of stuff they're not gonna need? Did the people who recasted the actors feel bad about only having them do a few lines, so they gave them a bunch of useless stuff to dub for a more modest paycheck?
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 am

Probably easier for the translators to just translate everything than pick out what's used ingame and what isn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TbnndcLvxM <unused JP voice clips for reference
But dang, I feel like they completely missed the point of Presea's unused clips and now they just sound like attack names.

Edit: Clarifying because apparently I forgot to say "some of" in there since some of those were to be Techs. Also, I think Punishing Gale might be Shippuu Ressen/Retsusen/Whichever (wind variant of Punishment), which would mean it is used.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 am

"Taste of the wrath of God."

Okay, maybe I'll be willing to look the other way. And I still lol at the blatant audio quality difference.
Back to top Go down
Lewnatic

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 5:22 am

Mithos' "Shining Bind!" has no echo, whereas every single other voice file of his has that angelic echo. Furthermore, I'm disappointed in a lack of echo on Raine's Mystic Artes and Presea's Crimson Devastation. It makes them sound so epic. Raine's Fairy Circle incantation in Japanese is so haunting, here she sounds like she's having an orgasm.
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 6:33 am

All you can complain about these small little problems but I'm just insanely happy that they got everyone back to voice these characters again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thatonevideogamer.com/
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Mar 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Varrius wrote:
All you can complain about these small little problems but I'm just insanely happy that they got everyone back to voice these characters again.

Same! I expected new content to go unvoiced, it's really a great surprise and I don't think anything sounds that bad. I'm especially happy with how Raine's new artes sound.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Mar 01, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm not really a fan of the new voices, but the correct answer to "Why did they even bother dubbing these parts" is IT WAS FOR YOU. THEY DID IT FOR YOUUUUUU.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Mar 10, 2014 8:37 am

DylDawg wrote:
Hey, at least we know we won't have this issue with Zestiria/Xillia 2, and we will have a snazzy and awesum Collector's Edition for each....
I wouldn't be so sure about this. Xillia 1 had awfully sloppy editing and if the same team is doing Xillia 2, I really hope they've noticed their mistakes and are learning from them. As for Zestiria, if we're getting a simultaneous worldwide release, that means the game's being translated and edited at more or less the same time it's being written. Given Namco's recently worsening track record on the localization front, I can only fear for the mess this might create. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and they got an amazing team for it *crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 am

Did they get Scott Menville back...? Fairy Circle was disappointing >.>;
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Mar 10, 2014 9:07 am

I'm happy they got rid of the "divine justice" part though, so at least one good thing came out of it XD
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 am

I liked that part =') Oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Mar 10, 2014 12:33 pm

While getting rid of the Divine Justice part makes the attack more in character for Lloyd, it makes the small nod to the line in Dawn look like it came out of nowhere. So it's a hit and miss really.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Mar 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Well it all stems from a bad translation choice anyway so it's not like we're losing anything important. They've created worse inconsistencies already with Shining Bind for example, so at this point I'm like "whatever, this game is a mess".
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 am

They might have done a quick and easy job with Symph's translation since ya know, it is a rerelease and HD Collection. SO, the quality might be better in Xillia 2 and Zestiria!

...I'm betting 10 bucks it won't, well, maybe not like the games before Graces (or Vesperia).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition   Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Embarrassing new english audio: English Mystic Arte exhibition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2