Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you do?

Go down 
+16
Prinny
Drake
Psypher
HCSteven
DylDawg
TimeFactor
Bo Staff Katana
Jean
Falcom
Yume Hanabi
Jazzeh
Rainstorm
Venom
Zwei.0
Slivendiferious
DoubleL
20 posters
AuthorMessage
DoubleL

DoubleL

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Well, here we go again. Figured I'd start off GD with a fairly straightforward question. You know, so many of us have been together for years and years, and I still have no idea what the heck most of you actually do with your lives. And I'm curious. So let's get on that.

Personally, I'm a graduate student pursuing an MFA in Fiction Writing at Emerson. My goal is to someday write published horror novels, or at least novels that deal with the dark, the fantastic, and the surreal. When I am home from school, I typically work at my father's farm store as a sales associate in the automotive department. I have done this particular job for many, many years now and my greatest fear is messing up my life in such a way that I spend the rest of it working in retail.

---
As a brief addendum, I would strongly recommend limiting the amount of overtly personal information posted herein. Then again, several of you are already widely connected to each other through Facebook, so I'm not sure where that particular line exists anymore.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Have you written any non-horror novels/ segments I might be able to read? I'm curious about your writing style but I don't like horror all that much.

I'm currently studying Industrial Design Engineering as an undergraduate in the Netherlands, and if all goes according to plan, I'll move to Denmark in June/July/August to continue my studies as a graduate student at an IT University studying Game Design.

I don't know anyone in Denmark.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 7:43 pm

There isn't much to tell about me.
I'm studying how to manipulate the minds of little children/teenagers/adults thus making them zombies that will work like a machine, wuhahahaha! You may call it... Pedagogy!  ...according to Wikipedia at least XD
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 7:48 pm

I am an aircraft maintenance technician, or fancy way of saying flying bus mechanic. I do heavy maintenance on Embraer ERJ-135 and ERJ-145 series regional airliners for a large regional airline flying under the United Express name. Rather easy job, fixing aircraft (if you are mechanically inclined anyway), and the pay is decent. Plus I get to work on actual aircraft, something that many people don't do nor care for doing lol
Also test flights can be FUN.
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm in my second year doing a Bachelor of Science at McMaster. I'm pursuing a Life Science Degree, specifically, I know I want to pursue Research and definitely go to Grad School, but unfortunately I need to bring my grades up and I'm not sure about what particular program yet. I'm interested in Bio and Psych, I'm not sure if I want to do Cell Bio Research or Behaviour or Developmental Research (Human or otherwise). I'm taking a variety of Bio and Psych courses through this degree to figure that out.

I am very scared of my future, but as I mentioned in the PNF thread before, that's lead me down a road of developing some almost serious anxiety that only lead to me getting even worse in all areas of life, so right now I'm working with the present, and I'll cross bridges when I come to them. I have my general goals and plans
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:25 pm

I try to not remind myself that i am in my 5th year of undergrad study at UNM right now and probably won't get my degree until the end of my 6th. I'm getting a BS in Linguistics and after that I'm not exactly sure what I want to do. I'd like to go to grad school but I don't want to get into even more debt than I'm already in so i might try to move to california and get a job at the fbi as a contract linguist until I figure it all out.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:40 am

I'm doing a Master in Translation, Subtitling and Localization at home, but I'm currently an exchange student in Japan studying the Japanese language some more. I have no idea what I want to do when I graduate, I'm always hesitating between becoming a manga translator or a video games localizer. I guess I'll just go with whoever accepts to hire me first lol. My dream would be to work for Nintendo tho (or Namco for the Tales series, heheh). But atm I'm feeling like becoming a French teacher in Japan <- mostly because I have no desire to leave the country so soon. Maybe I'll do that for a couple of years and then come back? I don't know...
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:54 am

I go to school. I am jobless. I play games, JRPGs typically, and I play anime card games. I have no idea what I am doing with my future. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 am

I've been a security guard for 2 years now but I'm going back to university in autumn to get a degree in bussiness.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm a math instructor and full-time papa. I want to publish something in mathematics someday, but since my little girl was born, I haven't had the time to study much math. C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Everyone here sounds more productive than me. I hate myself.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Azulade, as someone who teaches college students for a living, I feel compelled to say that being a student is a full time job. Also, it's okay to not have a plan in college right now. My plans changed a couple of times when I was in school. Just work hard and the rest takes care of itself. Smile
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Cry over group projects
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 am

I try to work hard but..... I procrastinate and motivation is also a problem for me. Well, I survived over a year in college so far, just gotta persevere!

I feel ya TimeFactor... I cannot stand grouping up with strangers, especially when they don't want me in their groups, sheeeesh.....
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 am

Azulade wrote:
I feel ya TimeFactor... I cannot stand grouping up with strangers, especially when they don't want me in their groups, sheeeesh.....

Oh no. They're pretty cool and we get along great outside of class. It's just the slight language barrier we have when it comes to technical terms and writing papers

The curse of being that Asian kid who everyone thinks is a foreign exchange student >_> (We have a lot of Chinese students on campus. And the worst part is I'm not even Chinese...)
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 am

Azulade wrote:
Everyone here sounds more productive than me. I hate myself.
You and me both.

Third (but gonna take two more years to finish) year studying Interactive Systems Design in the UofS in Canada. Full time student too. I haven't started my portfolio yet (which is pretty bad in this time frame...) but I am currently planning (as a hobby and practice) a visual novel-esque game with my brother.

I wonder when will motivation hit me to actually design some games and programs? or get an internship...
Back to top Go down
HCSteven
Hoenn Champion
HCSteven

Location : Yume I Don't Care About Your Avatar My Avatar Is Cleaner.Happy Bday

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

Champion Of Hoenn
Back to top Go down
Psypher

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm in my second semester of college currently. Majoring in computer science. May change, may not, it's too soon to tell.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMThu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 pm

I'll be graduating with a 4-Year Honours B.Sc. in Computer Science and a 3-year B.Sc in Maths this Spring.

Just recently I've been offered paid tuition and small stipend to pursue a Master's in CS under the direction of a professor at my university, so yeah I'll be a graduate student come Fall. I've already done research under his wing in a directed reading course and the results from that were great (hence the offer), so I'm fairly excited.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Prinny

Prinny

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMThu Feb 06, 2014 9:59 pm

I have spent the past 8 years working a part time job at a grocery store while I take classes at a community college trying to figure out what to do with my life. I like working with computers, but I sucked at Math when I started doing Algebra, so unfortunately I couldn't major in Computer Science. I probably would have been done with school a lot sooner if I just stuck with it. I would've figured out the Math eventually, right?  Laughing 

I have an Associates Degree in General Studies, and I'm currently working on a Computer Support certificate since I took some of the courses required for it when I earned the degree. After that I'm going to look into some I.T. Certifications and hopefully have a new job next year.
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMFri Feb 07, 2014 5:11 pm

I go to college, studying math. Fucked up my studies more than once by getting all depressed and what not. Just want dat $$$ and maybe a stable lifestyle which that would support perhaps
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSat Feb 08, 2014 12:37 am

Yume Hanabi wrote:
I'm doing a Master in Translation, Subtitling and Localization at home, but I'm currently an exchange student in Japan studying the Japanese language some more. I have no idea what I want to do when I graduate, I'm always hesitating between becoming a manga translator or a video games localizer. I guess I'll just go with whoever accepts to hire me first lol. My dream would be to work for Nintendo tho (or Namco for the Tales series, heheh). But atm I'm feeling like becoming a French teacher in Japan <- mostly because I have no desire to leave the country so soon. Maybe I'll do that for a couple of years and then come back? I don't know...

So jealous Yume. I'd love to do localization for a living.

But for the time being, I'm taking classes at a community college, though I plan to transfer after two years. I'm majoring in Computer Science right now. I took a class on Java and didn't like it all that much. The class on object-oriented java programming I'm taking now is better, but IDK if I'd like to do that for a living.

Sometimes I worry about what I'm gonna do in the future, but I know I probably shouldn't. It's too early for that. My mom didn't discover her passion for cooking well after she first started college, and my brother graduated last year and still hasn't gotten his career path locked down yet.
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 5:44 am

Movies
Back to top Go down
http://www.thatonevideogamer.com/
Suki
好き
Suki

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Psychology student. I work at Chapters too. I also like food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

What do you do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: