HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Games you've played today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Been playing some trails of cold steel and im really enjoying it. The first couple of story bosses are pretty hard especially because of their status effects. Still gotta love the rng at times almost beat a boss anf he got a 50 hp percent turn.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Taiyz wrote:
So Battleborn is hype as shit. I ignored the game forever because it's a MOBA but then I read the free open beta's description and discovered that it has a co-op campaign and is a first-person shooter, and said campaign actually plays like a shooter. It handles the combination flawlessly, though it needs a tutorial for versus because the minions, buildables and general strategy have a learning curve especially for a MOBA newbie. It's by Gearbox and the story mode is not only well designed but it's fucking hilarious, a much needed break from churning out Borderlands without dumping the secret sauce.
Quoting myself because people need to see this shit. The game is basically being sent out to die because nobody's heard anything about it but "Gearbox's MOBA." Even I thought it was just gonna be an Overwatch knock-off when I first realized that it's actually based on FPS mechanics. It definitely stands on its own

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:14 pm

All I play now equates Iruna as a result have made a lot of international freinds given this game is initially form japan 90 percent of those who play it reside in their own country even when playing on the localized server

This is how I look right now:

Lmfao that is initially over 640 res but came fruition a diff size and have time to redo currently at work right now using my phone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senelcoolidge

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:25 am

Beat Mega Man 8, still impressed how beautiful this game looks on a CRT and the OST is phenomenal.

I also started up Dragon Valor and sunk about 3 hours into that already.

I traded one of my spare Vita's today for a PS3 with BC and I've been testing out games here and there. Still a complete shame that Legendia has to be glitchy as hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:29 pm

I am the highest level player on there and forementioed does not equate to actual level rather dye to the fact I am literally the only player on both the initial and localized Iruna to have 12 profiles all over 150 simultaneously 1 of every class on 8 phones 1 tablet on profile per device and no I am not rich by any means just 27 and work any money I have left over after paying bills goes into phones which is how I have 8 had over 20 at one given time but in truth they stopped working thus I only have 8 at the moment.Given any of you decide to give Iruna a spin look for the name within appended picture and I will help you out in this game for free see due to human nature which obviously is not mine people who play this game only think about themselves not others.All in all if everyone in the world was the same those down on their luck would not make in life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:59 am

13th profile forementioned still stands given one from these forums decide to play just look for LordIrai and I will help you out for free especially when it comes to leveling given it should obvious I am not a regular person

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:09 pm

So Severed is a must-buy if you have a handheld Vita. It's a first-person dungeon crawler by Drinkbox Studios, the Guacamelee guys. Navigation is handled with either the left stick, d-pad or face buttons to turn left/right and move forward, otherwise everything is done by tapping or swiping the touchscreen to look at objects, pull levels/chains or slash enemies. Slashing follows your finger perfectly and attacks enemies rapidly even if you just swirl your finger around in small circles, but longer strokes do more damage.

Combat is really interesting because you can fight up to four enemies at a time (one for each cardinal direction,) and each enemy has an ATB on-screen so you know when to turn and face them, then parry by swiping against the direction of their attack (or, for certain enemy types, you can just turn and attack which depletes part of their ATB.) Most enemies will defend against you in some way, either by covering themselves (with a gap open that you can still attack through,) or by closing and opening their eye, moving their limbs around or circling shields around their body, etc. After landing enough hits in combat (you are penalized slightly for hitting blocking opponents) you gain Focus and when you defeat enemies during the remainder of the battle time freezes and you can sever their limbs to gain materials which are used for acquiring new skills.

There are puzzles, heart pieces and a bunch of other video-gamey things as you attempt to rescue your family from a sorta Mexican/tribal/Spirited-away style "hell." I also think there are more mechanics later on because you seem to be able to go all demonic, maybe replace YOUR severed arm with a demon's or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon May 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Destiny: I'm pleased with this April update. Quests actually feel rewarding now, and Rep packages almost always give good gear now. I finally did Iron Banner this weekend and got tons of good gear. Went from 300 Light to 315.

I kinda wish there was more PVE content, but I guess I'll have to wait for Destiny 2 for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed May 11, 2016 2:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgWCuoD55y8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bmm-_RAcuQ

So Grand Kingdom's beta was fun, here are a couple sloppy, unedited videos because I really really like the battle system. It's like a 2D Tales game, but turn-based with three lanes, just frames and God Hand/Endless Frontier-style custom combos. Sick as shit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sat May 14, 2016 3:10 pm

So Taiyz finally gets to play Valkyria Chronicles (I got it on Friday, 4 days early, I'm rushing to try and get to chapter 9 and earn a trophy to show this off, because I'm a huge NERD.)

If you've never played this game, you need to fucking play this goddamn game and give Sega your goddamn money or I will never forgive you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venom
My Mule is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sat May 14, 2016 4:22 pm

I was one of those weirdos that bought VC twice. Once on PS3 and once on Steam. I even bought VC2 on PSP twice, once on disk and later on the PS Store. Yet Sega continues to deny me a localized VC3. I see how it is, Sega...

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sat May 14, 2016 5:32 pm

To be fair, Sega's kinda joined the ranks of the niche market alongside NISA and Atlus. While I think they should've localized VC3 when it was still relevant, I understand that financially it was probably a bad idea and now they've just completely missed the boat.

Still, it would be nice if they would remaster VC2-3 if this game does well enough. At the very least I am optimistic when it comes to Azure Revolution coming over here.

And don't worry, I'm just as crazy because I bought it for PC also despite probably not being able to run it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sun May 15, 2016 5:23 am

With some of their games, anyway. They still have their bigger franchises, but they have been focusing on mobile gaming as well.

Remaking VC2 and 3 with VC1's graphics would probably be more work then Sega is willing to do, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sun May 15, 2016 7:47 pm

I said remaster, not remake. Wouldn't even care if they got outsourced as long as its a good port studio like Bluepoint or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon May 16, 2016 12:57 am

No point in making an HD version if Sega isn't going to update the graphics properly. Otherwise it will be like Final Fantasy Type-0.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon May 16, 2016 8:30 am

Really it just depends on the original texture quality. Type-0's problems were that and motion blur if I remember correctly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Fri May 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Still Iruna online now given I am red need to climb mt holton which is the equivalent of mt silver in this game

As for actual tales of games either NDX which is the closest thing those who reside in the us will ever get close to having TODR battle system on psp tales of.For example TODR was the first tales of to let you go hi ougi in the air and continue your combo after the hi ougi has ended(takes skill to do this),ariel team combos(takes skill to do this),cless is equivalent to stahn meaning once you get in the air you can stay in air too bad you cant use an ariel sb otherwise this might shut namco down thats too bad ass at least for me since I can get in the air and stay there but no ariel hi ougis when using cless like the other players(takes skill to do this),the ndx version of asbel is better than his actual game at least to me since unlike the actual TOG you can get airborne with asbel,list goes on and on.Also TOD2 on psp but ndx more

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon May 23, 2016 12:46 pm

I suppose it makes more sense to post it here so I'll quote my post in the other thread.

Tenshigami wrote:
Finally started playing [Gravity Rush Remastered]. Kinda disappointed so far, though it'll probably get better as I level things up. The gravity powers feel too limited right now, especially with how long it takes me to aim. As it stands right now, i feel they'll need to adapt the gravity powers to work better without a touch screen for the sequel, but we'll see. I might change my mind later on once I have more gravity gauge and stuff.

Update on this is that I've played it more and I'm getting better at gravity kick combat so there's that. I noticed it's a little forgiving with the aiming and will auto correct your aim to an enemy if the aiming reticle was within a certain margin of error. That said if you grav kick from too far away the enemy might move before you get there.

I still suck at throwing stuff at enemies though...

I really hope that with enough upgrades I can use the gravity powers almost indefinitely. There's tons of surfaces with gems to collect and stuff and the limits on Kat's powers are a huge deterrent, which turns trying to collect the gems into such a chore that I stop seeking them out after like 5 minutes.

My biggest issue with the game so far that isn't based on something that might improve as I play, is the map screen. If you have a town with multiple floors, you'd better have a map of all the floors. Navigation is a pain because there's no clear indicator of elevation. Even if you select the location so you have an arrow leading the way, that arrow does not guide you all that well if the destination is a different floor, because "below you and to the right" looks the same as "behind you and to the right."

It helps even less when the indicator bugs out and doesn't refresh to the new objective. I ran into that in the maid sidequest and had to use a youtube video to guide me because the next objective could have been anywhere.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 pm

The touch screen was only used for two things though, swiping in a direction made you dodge in that direction, and you had to hold your fingers on the bottom corners of the screen to activate the gravity slide, then jerk the Vita upwards to jump. I think the current implementation is fine, though I think I wanted to remap the dodge button when I first started playing; if anything I feel that the motion controls could be better-tuned to the DualShock 4 than they are right now.

Your primary source of gems isn't through collecting them, really, it's through the challenges. There will be a TON of gems left over once you've maxed Kat out. There's no trophy for collecting them all, so don't bother collecting gems if you don't like it. You don't get unlimited gravity control but you get a helluva lot by the time you're done.

Also keep in mind that you can steer yourself while performing gravity kicks, and that you can use your dodge while in anti-grav mode to make minor corrections if something is between you and an enemy. Throwing items isn't meant to be a major mechanic, honestly, don't waste too much time on something that is used for misc. mission objectives more than combat. I would spend more time learning how to use the gravity slide in combat now that it's so intuitive. BTW for enemies with shells, I recommend performing a melee attack while you're ascending during a jump. It lets Kat perform a dropkick just like Bayonetta's helm breaker and it does heavy damage and brings you to the ground quickly so you can repeat it like twice and break a shell in a couple seconds.

I disagree with your map complaint, only two districts have two distinct elevations and finding an objective is usually as simple as flying to the waypoint then flying up or down the nearest hole/open space you can find until you're level with the objective, then just follow the streets. Remember that you can tag objectives on the map and that, I believe, reveals a waypoint in the world.

I feel like I had a similar bug crop up at some point, but I wanna say it happened during the PS4 version only...Hard to remember. Did the mission actually progress normally after you proceeded to the next objective?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon May 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Taiyz wrote:
I feel like I had a similar bug crop up at some point, but I wanna say it happened during the PS4 version only...Hard to remember. Did the mission actually progress normally after you proceeded to the next objective?
Yes it did. The marker was still on the roof of the woman's house where the last missing page was (it said distance was 0 when I stood there), and the next objective was actually on the bottom floor somewhere.

I had actually made my way down there before (and Kat had commented on the absense of the father and son) but couldn't find the NPC I was supposed to approach to continue, causing me to wander around lost for like 15 minutes.

Thankfully the next scene activated when I approached the correct npc.

Something else just came to mind - is there a set number of usable manhole covers in each sector, or what's even the deal with those? I've unlocked a grand total of TWO in the starting sector - I believe one of these is automatically unlocked to start - and found two more that I could not even interact with.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu May 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Yeah, since manholes are just fast travel points like in any sandbox game there's only a certain number of them. If I remember correctly, they either appear on the map or glow/have an icon in the world even before unlocking them for the first time.

There's only like 13 in the game, all told. Three for all districts except for the last one which has four because it's the largest. I'm guessing you just haven't been to the church at the northern part of Auldnoir. Whether you need to complete a story mission first to unlock these things, I forget (I haven't had the time to get back to the remaster since launch so I'm really rusty here.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 pm

I finished the boss of the rift plane in "Curiosity Killed the Cat" last night (the one where Dusty is sick). Good lord who playtested that shit and actually OK'd it for release? (twice!) Talk about artificial difficulty - I must have spent at least like 30-45 minutes on the fight alone, constantly climbing up via the slow as hell floating mushroom, only to get screwed over by the mosquitoes or otherwise falling back down, with the boss near death through most of it. I never even died once, it was just the game repeatedly trolling me as I tried to climb for over half an hour. At one point I got so pissed off that I was just like "f*** it!" and threw myself off the lilypads at the bottom... and it respawned me on a mushroom right at the entrance to the area that was a much more advantageous point/much easier to get back to where the boss was and finish it off.

When throwing yourself to what would be your death in any other game is easier than the legit way to climb back up a structure, you maaaaaybe need to tone the bullshit down a bit.

As soon as the next chapter started and threw me directly into the SECOND HALF of this boss battle (now with full gravity powers) I was just like NOPE HAD ENOUGH, and took advantage of the autosave to call it quits for the night.

That said, time to finish that fight up now.

(Despite the overall negativity here I am enjoying the game so far. Just this one fight man WTF.)

Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sun May 29, 2016 11:49 pm

That's Gravity Rush finished, though not 100% completed. I haven't maxed out all the powers yet, and trying to get Gold on all the challenges would just frustrate me tbh, especially since if you screw up royally on a challenge, the only way to retry is to quit the challenge entirely before you can restart. One would think they'd have used the Remaster as a chance to fix that oversight but nooooo...

Anyway, final verdict on Gravity Rush: pretty fun while it lasted, though that final boss was way too easy. The gravity controls were really fun once I got used to it, though in ways it makes the game feel more "experimental" than polished, but I don't mean that in a bad way. A lot of great series with awesome concepts start with those concepts being implemented in such a way that makes the first game seem more like a proof of concept with clunky controls compared to later games in the series. Ratchet and Clank is an example that comes to mind - After playing later titles, it's almost torture to go back to the very first game in the series that's missing a lot of the features and control changes that you really take for granted.

Just started Nights of Azure. I love Gust games and it's great to hear the usual awesomeness in the music composition, which I haven't heard for a while since I just can't deal with the time management stuff in the post-Iris Atelier games (localized - I'm aware there were time management ones before Atelier Rorona in Japan). The plot so far is hardly worth mentioning, and the combat is pretty generic. This game seems like it'll be a cakewalk.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:41 am

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus PC is the best PC port of a Japanese game I've played yet (can't vouch for Koei Tecmo's games or Namco's fighters though, which are probably quality ports.) This just furthers my opinion that Tamsoft is an incredibly talented company for such a small team.

Really tempted to get Onechanbara ZII: Kagura on PC as well which was a surprise announcement yesterday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:02 am

Bloodborne.

I like this better than Dark Souls. Very stylish and faster. The weapons transforming is so cool too.

Also, I'm good at parrying according to my friends who played the game already.

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: