HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Games you've played today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:08 am

I love parrying in Bloodborne unlike in Dark Souls 3. It has a good enough window and is relatively safe. Dark Souls 3's parry is too punishing; half a second early or late and you'll receive full damage, damn.

Bloodborne is faster and encourage aggressive play too with the "regen last received damage with attacks" thing. I've always been an aggressive kind of player, so I really love those features. But because of that, I have a really hard time adjusting myself back into Dark Souls 3.

You > Evil

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Ok, the New Game+ dungeons in Tokyo Xanadu are fun. Except the first one extra one, piss-yellow floors and walls are not my thing, thankfully they're less eye-searing than (original) EO2 fifth stratum.

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Still Iruna as One Winged Sianas using her armor DunkelHiet except unlike the boss herself I equate forementioned

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:15 am

Done with Nights of Azure, though I had to give up on getting the platinum trophy.

Over all it was pretty fun, though it really encouraged grinding due to a few of the trophies - such as killing 10,000 enemies, summoning servans 1,000 times (or was it 10,000?) and giving Servans orders 10,000 times. The worst offender was honestly completing 300 requests, because you could only take on a maximum of three at once. Compared to that last one, even completing the item list was nothing.

My one biggest complaint aside from how grindy the game gets is that the final boss, as well as the post-game bosses, were a massive artificial difficulty spike. The final boss is  huge pain in the ass unless you level Arnice to at least level 9, and in order to do that you have to stumble upon an optional quest that doesn't even become available until you've done some grinding and have enough blood collected to level her from 8 to 9. Furthermore the story itself by that point makes it sound like 8 is the max level (though I did notice later that the status screen still said X Blood required for next level).

Anyway, once you level from 8 to 9, that makes the final boss situation change from "theoretically doable" to "easily doable" and I was off to the post-game content in no time. Then the post game bosses hit. Here's the thing: basically if you equip yourself right, these bosses are easier than the final boss. Otherwise, they will annihilate you even if Arnice is at her level cap of 11 and you have four of the game's strongest servans all at the servan level cap of 15 with stats maximized for attack and defense.

To take on these bosses you need to... do more grinding. Spirit's Shields nullify all status effects, making these battles a cinch, where otherwise you'll be affected by multitudes of status effects including poison, paralysis, and (in the case of your servans as I found out the hard way) charm. The only way to get these Spirit's Shields however is random rare drops. While you can increase the item drop rate (as well as how often a drop is rare) this of course added another hour or two of seemingly unnecessary grinding for five of these suckers.

After beating the first two post-game bosses and unlocking the bonus dungeon, I... stopped there because thankfully there is no trophy for completing it. The one trophy I could NOT do, however, was the trophy for completing 100% of the Arena challenges, because the final arena challenge goes above and beyond all the difficulty of before. After several tries at it I finally gave up. Platinuming this fucking game is not worth wasting hours and hours throwing myself at a boss, slowly whittling away its health, when it can easily one-shot me and ruin the entire attempt at any time. There may be some sort of equipment combination that makes this battle less frustrating, but if there is I have not found it. f***. That.

All-New!

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:37 am

^^^^That makes me feel better about giving up my Plat attempts of KH 1.5/2.5 (I am not doing gummi ship things or trying to beat Terra) and DA: Inquisition (because of 2/3 DLC stories not being on PS3, I bought the PS4 version and copied my save, now my trophies are gonna be split, because I'll get the 10 Dragon trophy, due to a glitch not recognizing your 10th dragon until you beat an 11th, until I beat the first DLC on the PS4, I'm also not going back to PS3 for any possible new playthroughs to get other choice trophies [like I have the time to do another complete playthrough of this lengthy game again] because PS4 is less glitchy).

I was also going to try to Plat Dawn of the New World, but I couldn't even get started on the story LOL I like Emil a lot less now that I'm older, not for the typical reasons, but my own. And Marta only gets bearable mid-game. I'm content at having Graces only missing two trophies getting me to ~90-sometihng% and Platting Xillia. X2 is possible but not likely in my future because after my second playthrough I actually liked it a little less LOL. Zestiria won't happen just because of its ridiculous weapon and synthesis system.

Lately, I've personally been playing a lot of Pokemon at night after studying. I really got that Pokemon hype. I'm trying to finish up my Legendaries I don't have yet from previous games (I got myself Pokemon Bank) in Alpha Sapphire because I'm going to finally try and complete the dex in Pokemon Moon. I did all the Master Rank Contests, but I can't beat Lisia and at this point I do not even care.

On an unrelated note I'm not sure why people are so upset by all the Legendaries being obtainable this gen. This already happened in Gen 4.....They just weren't creative (IE, no real special areas or story things to go with them like in HGSS) this time, and just had them all randomly dropping out of Hoopa rings (sans Sinnoh trio being in a Space-Time Tear, Weather Genies in Clouds, Hoenn Legendaries, and Heatran in Scorched Slab) I like it much better when Pokemon is creative, but I'm just glad this gen is over soon LOL (XY were great and made HUGE contributions to the games as a whole but a little underwhelming in post-game though I loved the Essentia plotline, and Hoenn remains my second least favourite region, I don't hate it, just is, ORAS also made huge contributions to the series as a whole though)

My mom also got me Omega Ruby not knowing its the same game, so I've been treating it as a whatever file using Pokemon I only kind of like mixed with repeats (Heracross again so I can try out a Mega Heracross with its moveset additions), and some Pokemon I've wanted to use but never have (Leafeon).

I also got Pokemon Yellow Virtual Console. I beat the E4 and caught Mewtwo, now I just need to grind my low-leveled team in Cerulean Cave, run through the E4 a couple times to load up on some money, then buy all the Arcade-Exclusive Pokemon with that money. Then just catch whatever Safari pokemon I haven't caught yet and I've completed the dex as far as I can without trading. I'll do that when school starts again, its time consuming, and I'd like to do it while I watch tv shows. Probably after I've finished this test (and hopefully knocked it out of the park so I don't have to study in August)

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Still Iruna Online as One Winged Sianas

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Still Iruna Online and will always equate this

KantoChampion 1

UnovaChampion

Hoenn Champion

JohtoChampion

KantoChampion 2

TeamRocket my main one I use

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:30 pm

So I am playing through Metroid Prime 2 and I am truly astonished by the people who can speed run this game. There are people who can play through the entire game and get all the collectibles in less than 3 hours. I know they are exploiting glitches in the game and getting powerful weapons early, but it still astonishes me. Last night it took me about 30 minutes to defeat the boss who had the grapple beam. I still don't know what I was supposed to do in that fight, but I won.

There are people who can beat this game in less than 3 hours and I am convinced that if you just set me up to take on each boss one after another it would still take me longer than that.

View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Speedrunners play games for thousands of hours to figure out how to do everything quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Txn
You > Evil

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:43 pm

God Eater Resurrection. IN ENGLISH!

I choose a voice that's way too narcissistic and I can't help but laugh at every time my character talks during a mission.

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:13 am

My last profile on Iruna so far have over 15 +200 each a different class OneWingedAngel equates Gladiator this time around since they can do over 70k per hit used right given forementioned know stuff a regular human is oblivious to

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Prinny wrote:
Speedrunners play games for thousands of hours to figure out how to do everything quickly.

I know, but it still astonishes me. Remind me not to take up speedrunning as a profession. On a semi-related note, Metroid Prime 2 isn't as bad as I remember it.

View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Txn wrote:
God Eater Resurrection. IN ENGLISH!

I choose a voice that's way too narcissistic and I can't help but laugh at every time my character talks during a mission.
Is it the one that goes "If anyone else were doing that mission, it would've been hard!"?

here's my guy.

Anyway, Star Ocean 5 is pretty cool. Only played a little bit, but the combat system is interesting. It's almost like they designed it to be a co-op action RPG but then dialed it back into standard real-time JRPG mechanics. Feels oddly similar to Koei Tecmo's current titles. Very, very basic combat but has a decent move canceling system that can lead to big damage.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven is super good, it's a Power Stone clone. The online is fucking laggy, but stable. If you don't mind playing at like 10-20 FPS online, it's a good time.

The hypest shit.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Txn
You > Evil

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Sorry man, it was mostly a few quotes but after clearing more missions I realize he wasn't narcissistic, just an idiot, lol. (It's voice 20 btw).

Anyway, now I'm just starting rank 9 because I spent three days playing Zero Time Dilemma. Holy shit, that game.

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:17 pm

That's True Power

Can You Stop Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Final profile given my name equates JohtoRed just abbreviated due to the character limit name wise.The 180 skill quest for monk geobreaker was stupidly long first aoe second is 190 lion roar second aoe let's see how this one goes lmfao

OneWingedSianas 2

Last edited by JohtoRed on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:23 am

Sofya Elite4

XY Elite 4 Siebold Wants To Battle

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohtoRed

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Blazeblue mobile whenever not on Iruna playing this bad ass game since it retains the original ost from console version

Infinite Combo

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:25 am

So Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X literally has a song where Len sings about how he dislikes condoms and knocked a girl up:

Also, that camera work at 3:06 and the finale where he thrusts confetti into the air with a Gundam-style explosion sound effect in the background. Jesus.

In a more positive light, Project Diva X is an odd change for the series in that they gave the game a story mode where you go to different genres and have to complete songs in those genres to charge crystals with the energy created by their performances and light up the world. It the start of the game, the vocaloids can't sing without that energy, so you're brought in to help Miku perform with your awesome rhythm game skills, and then it caps off with this powerful video:

The game has this transformation function that, frustratingly nobody is using in these uploads, occurs after the chance time part at each song's climax, and for me Miku turned into her Magician module which was used in the original music video for Miracle Paint, so it was goddamn amazing, she just bursts onto the scene when Kaito and Meiko show up, I'm gonna have to upload my own video somewhere you show you guys, but this is still pretty potent even without that

Edit: So Sega mutes the music tracks when using the PS4's Share function, so this is a little janky but focus on the video on the right:
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/57ccf11abe76a-hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-magician-modley.php

Just in case:
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DO_npYL07YMI&start1=1&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKTSpdfFh358&start2=0&authorName=Magician+Modley

This is also a really fucking good song, I really like how her module makes a point of colouring her hair brown, because students are often prevented from dyeing their hair blonde in school so this adds an extra layer to the theme of the song

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:48 am

Finished Trails in the Sky FC on PC yesterday, full 100% with all achievements, and finally began SC with a transfer of all 368 BP like I'd wanted to do for years.

Sucks that I had to 100% the game TWICE to do so but after all this time I needed a refresher on the events of FC anyway. (I'm aware I could have just gotten the PSP version but I'm not much of a handheld gamer anymore. Why would I opt for playing on a tiny device when I'm at home?)

It's to be expected since XSEED didn't exactly do this on their own, but so far the difference in localization style in the script of SC is... actually a bit jarring since I'm playing them back-to-back. That's not to say the quality of SC's translation is bad, just noticeably different. Things seem a bit more literal, and when they do spice things up, it's a very different style from before, almost making the characters sound like completely different people.

I was taken aback early on by Schera's use of of the term "sons of dogs", and Estelle's usage of the word "ninny". The former seemed to not only be tiptoeing around swearing, but it really didn't sound natural at all coming from Schera. The latter is certainly an interesting choice for Estelle acknowledging she was being an idiot, but is completely new to her vocabulary in places where she'd normally use the word "stupid" or "idiot".

The only turn of phrase I flat out didn't like so far was Anelace claiming she could no longer use a move as a 'win button' in her training with Estelle. I'm sorry, but a 'win button' is a gaming phrase that would never be used by characters that have never played a video game in their life because no such thing exists in their world.

Overall phrasing and punctuation seems a bit more messy. I've seen a sentence that had two commas where it only really needed one, and rephrasing to be less awkward would have been even better. There have also been a lot more mid-sentence pauses in the script so far in ways that probably make more sense in Japanese. I think they kept these pauses in where the previous game would have removed most of them. To be fair though at the beginning it makes sense for Estelle to have trouble getting words out because she's not exactly having a great day. But it'd help if they were consistent with there being a space or not after the '...' when the sentence is continued.

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:32 pm

SC was a mind-boggling project to translate, its no surprise the game has some minor errors here and there.

The third chapter is going to be interesting, since the game has an even bigger script then the second one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:31 pm

^ Nope, SC is the longest.

So, y'know, I get the whole "translation hell" thing, but there's a lot of things with the script that could have been fixed with another editing pass. The odd use of commas and '...' breaks the flow of a lot of sentences. Though it of course could be a lot worse.

Example 1 - Fix: "Our enemies are good, and they outnumber us. But we're senior bracers!" (Might even want to use "skilled" instead of "good" as the latter could also mean they're "good people", but really it's the punctuation being all over the place that's an issue.)

Example 2 - Fix: "Oh really? It isn't THAT rare, you two."

Example 3 - Fix: The word "around" is in the wrong spot, which breaks the flow of the sentence. For a more natural flow, should be "Schera said having someone around who didn't know Joshua too well would help you sort out your feelings."

I have more screenshots where those came from as I've been screencapping every time I notice something odd with the phrasing. I know I'm not exactly being fair considering how large the script is though. If FC's English script weren't absolutely phenomenal I probably wouldn't have noticed or cared about any of this.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:08 pm

If you wanted an Attack on Titan game, go buy Koei Tecmo's Attack on Titan, it is the Attack on Titan game we always needed, but will probably never deserve. It's like Gravity Rush mixed with the fan favourite Spider-Man 2. Goddamn is it hype, and it's got an EDF/hunting game-style multiplayer mode with good netcode!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:29 am

Is that the one for Ps4? I love Attack on Titan, and since the second season of the anime won't be aired for a while, I could use a good game atleast. Got the 3ds game, but I think I prefer to play games like that with a proper controller.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:25 pm

The 3DS game is a complete joke compared to the PS4 game. With all those fan games that aimed to give people the feeling of using ODM gear, I'm shocked it took this long to make a game that actually feels like an Attack on Titan game should.

Now, it's not like it's a simulator or anything, hence why I compared it to the popular Spider-Man games that have cult favourite web swinging mechanics. It IS made by Omega Force after all, the Dynasty Warriors guys. It's hard to describe the action if you aren't familiar with Gravity Rush, but the controls are SHOCKINGLY intuitive and make the game fun even though the objectives are usually just "go here and kill the marked titans" or "go here and defend the marked person/objective." The story moves at a blistering pace, too, first level is training, second level is the Colossal Titan breaking into Trost, third level involves the Cadets getting owned, fourth level is Mikasa's defense of the citizens and the exterior of the base. Fifth level involves
Spoiler:

. I reckon the campaign will be about 20 missions long based on that. There's almost never any downtime because you are constantly seeing signal flares in the air with timers counting down before various side characters get eaten, and most missions basically just require you to kill a certain number of Titans until a scene from the show starts happening, usually involving Abnormals showing up, so you'll spend most of your time going from signal to signal, saving people and building up a small team of 3 rescued NPCs from rank C to S and building up your super meter that makes everybody go nuts on your target while giving you boosts to your gas and blade meters. Going to S ranks basically involves cleaning up certain areas that the signal flares don't mark, but they generally bring you to every grouping of Titans on the map so it's just a case of cleaning up the extra fast before the next NPC bites it.

Controls are straightforward but feel just complex enough that you don't feel the usual Dynasty Warriors button mash syndrome, kinda like how Dragon Quest Heroes mixed things up by having a lot of tower defense-style objectives and letting you deploy monsters as said towers, making the game feel more hands-on.

If you can't hook anything, an icon appears above your head at all times, so there's never any confusion. You can jump, you can use gas to blast around with X while in the air. Square, when something is in range of your hooks will trigger a Spider-Man like web swing. The arc of your swing is VERY Spider-Man, using it close to the ground or during a shallow fall results in mostly forward momentum, but swinging after a big jump results in a lot of air so you can look around and focus on your next big swing, and you can augment your swing speed and height with gas mid-swing too. There are upgrades that increase your hook range and gas pressure so you can use your ODM gear in more situations and fly faster, respectively.

When you're in range of a Titan, you press R1 to enter combat mode. It requires you to be within your hook range, and it aims at whatever Titan is closest to the center of the screen and within hook range, so you CAN aim your hooks and you don't fight with the lock-on mechanism much, unless you're simply out of range but you get a feel for this quickly.

Combat mode centers the camera on the Titan and highlights their arms, legs and nape. Body parts with materials you can harvest are marked gold, and you should generally attack those first. Destroying arms prevents Titan attacks, destroying legs prevents them from being able to turn and face you so you don't miss your attacks. You press Square and your character will hook the targeted body part, change targets with the right stick since camera control is managed automatically in Combat Mode, but you will need to press Square again to re-hook a new targeted body part (this is good because when you target the Titan you want, you should press Square immediately to take to the air and then adjust your target so that other Titans can't sneak up behind you.)

While you're spinning around the titan, you do have to mind obstacles around you which can interrupt your swing, and your hooks do have tension and can snap if you wait too long before attacking, or if the Titan starts thrashing around you may need to re-hook the same body part (hooks are unlimited.) You can maneuver clockwise or counter clockwise with the left stick, boost when you need to if the Titan is still mobile and you want to get behind them. Simply let go of the left stick and you head toward the targeted body part, attack with Triangle, but you should boost first as the more speed you have when attacking, the more damage you deal, with high speeds dealing red-coloured critical hits. Some characters have special skills like Mikasa who can attack two more times randomly after her initial strike at the cost of extra gas. As you level up you acquire different skills that cause different animations and effects, like one that does more damage from overhead.

And that's basically it. You will frequently need to collect more gas and blades which can be acquired from supply NPCs on the map, often times from being rescued during those signal flare submissions. Attacks just bounce off if your blades are broken, you also get healing items which are used if a Titan hits you but doesn't grab you, your movement abilities are reduced and you can't jump until you heal or walk it off. If a Titan grabs you, you gotta mash Triangle to break free or you die (in co-op you get downed and an ally can simply revive you.)

Items are managed with the D-pad left, right and used with up. D-pad down changes your team's orders from "attack surrounding titans" to "focus on my target" to "guard the sub-mission character," it just cycles through them. R2 uses your super thing that I mentioned, the Decisive Battle Signal. I forget what the L buttons do, I think L1 centers the camera and L2 does stuff with the minimap.

So yeah. It's a goddamn solid game that plays like a video game should.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: