Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abyssion

Go down 
+7
Bo Staff Katana
TrulyBigHeaded
Drake
BlazingFiddlesticks
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Falcom
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 2:27 pm

I can't beat Abicion. So many attempts and failed Sad
Anyone beat him on 1st playthrough as of yet?
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 2:54 pm

Poison him with Colette for cheapest tactic. Or, make him stop writing fanfics. D:

Haven't beat him in GC version too, but I'll eventually try for Kronikels. Try setting up your party with the right tactics? Cause it's almost always the party members who are the root of the problem when fighting Tales superbosses.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Party is Lloyd, Presea/Colette (leaning towards doge girl), Genis and Raine.

The problem is Abby kun tends to kill Genis/Raine too quickly, and then everything falls apart from there. After rage quitting to gain some levels, Seles has also been giving me a problem, but that's another story. Just trying to grind now before beating the final boss.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Suppress Presea: you can't lose. (you can't get hit even)

Life + Spirit Thief Colette: you can't lose. (you gain hp and tp faster than you lose it)

Everyone else is fodder.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 3:19 pm

I use Glory Presea. I feel so ashamed. I heard Supress usually takes a lot of grinding though Sad
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 5:13 pm

A noob suggestion; if we're using both Sages, could we use Regal for Crescent Moon + Eagle Rage to interrupt spells, Lloyd (Or any other Melee, Presea could do it too) to build off that interruption, Genis to use the openings those two create for a stun-buncher like Air Thrust, and shortcut Raine Photon when she can manage one between revitalize/cures?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Falcom wrote:
I use Glory Presea. I feel so ashamed. I heard Supress usually takes a lot of grinding though Sad
I think you need maxed Defenses yes.

Better grind them rune bottles and necessary herbs.

P. Charge Presea is arguably better though, but only if you control her.

I beat abyssion in the GC version with Lloyd, Zelos and the Sages. Level 74, popped an All Divide and I went through almost all of my life bottles and gels. Took me over an hour.

The next playthrough I didn't try until level 90 or so.

Unfortunately, I hear All Divide doesn't affect ol' Abyssion anymore.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Suppress Presea: you can't lose. (you can't get hit even)
For that to work you sort of need Abyssion to do under 100 damage for every attack in the first place, and at that point I don't think it's much of an issue either way.

Slivendiferious wrote:
Unfortunately, I hear All Divide doesn't affect ol' Abyssion anymore.
It doesn't, and that's delicious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
TrulyBigHeaded
Literal Pokémon Master
TrulyBigHeaded

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 8:54 pm

One of your problems is likely that Genis and Raine's spells are clashing. Your party can only cast one level 2/level 3 spell at a time and when it's being cast, any other level 2/3 spell is effectively 'paused', only resuming its casting time when the first spell has finished. You could end up waiting almost 10 seconds for a spell to be cast. Unfortunately, the Sages just don't work too well together.

I'd advise you to bring Lloyd, Raine and two other melee fighters (such as Zelos and Presea). If you bring Zelos, switch off his spells as they're relatively weak and clash with Raine's healing. Put a Fairie Ring and/or Spirit Symbol on Raine too to keep her TP up and use gels if necessary to keep everyone else's TP up so they can use guard techs against Abyssion's uber-strong spells. Lloyd can make good use of the Turquoise item you get for beating Maxwell too.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 pm

TrulyBigHeaded wrote:
One of your problems is likely that Genis and Raine's spells are clashing. Your party can only cast one level 2/level 3 spell at a time and when it's being cast, any other level 2/3 spell is effectively 'paused', only resuming its casting time when the first spell has finished.
O__o
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMTue Mar 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Yeah, that is a thing. My suggestion was just what I considered the best way to mitigate it. It is usually better to bring Raine and three melee players and harp on the wanna Gerudo Super Sayain (Particularly in Chronicles!) while Raine casts. Haven't fought Abby at a sane level in a while, though, so I can only say that half-heartedly because I forget how much he wrecks you that way.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 pm

I usually used an All-Divide, but it seems that won't work anymore. I haven't beat him on this play through (because I'm nowhere near there), but I will probably use Raine, Lloyd, Presea, and Zelos. I will have Raine continuously casting Revitalize and probably set Zelos to primarily heal, while controlling Lloyd. Also, I plan to be around level 70 or 80 when I tackle him. If all else fails I may just do the Colette trick, but that REALLY cheapens the fight. The last time I beat him I used the Colette trick on him and on the 3rd Sword Dancer.

By the way, how do you guys pronounce Abyssion? Phonetically, I think I say Abyss-ee-un, but sometimes I say Abyss-shun. I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 3:43 pm

I like your first pronunciation.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 4:51 pm

It's アビシオン, so the former.
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Did any of you ever manage to steal from Abyssion?

Because I've managed to do it once, but I haven't heard of anyone managing to reproduce it.

I got one of his devil's arms (Regal's) and Abyssion didn't use that swallow dance attack of his for the rest of the fight.
I'll see if I still have the save file. I'm not sure whether I had two Apocalypse at the end of the fight or not.

My theory is that you can keep stealing weapons from Abyssion and that he will stop using the corresponding artes. But I've never been able to prove it.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 5:38 pm

My Party was Lloyd/Raine/Genis/Zelos I'm pretty sure, in the GC version, and I used an All-Divide.

This time, whenever I finally get the time to go to the store and pick up my game, I was going to go today but SNOWSTORM, I'm going to be using Colette/Raine/Zelos/Presea. (Basically my main party) I might sub out Colette for Sheena for this fight though.

Really the most troubling thing to me were his spells, I focused all my time interrupting those iirc. I was 12 though, so my memory is kind of foggy ;p

That sounds interesting Slivvie, I'd be interested to know if anyone has actually had the same results.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 6:06 pm

I had never thought of that. Given that Abyssion becomes harmless once he runs out of TP since he has no basic attacks, I could see such tomfoolery working on the principle of weird.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Colette does have a compound ex-skill that guarantees she will still an item if there is an item to steal. I think she needs an ex-gem of each level, but I don't remember the skills off hand.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Bo Staff Katana wrote:
Colette does have a compound ex-skill that guarantees she will still an item if there is an item to steal. I think she needs an ex-gem of each level, but I don't remember the skills off hand.
It will still only proc if your target isn't guarding.

Which, in Abyssion's case, I've always found freaking hard to coordinate.

But yes, I did have that ex skill on Colette at the time.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 7:16 pm

I killed Abby kun at level 74. I feel so good now. <3
Extreme Symbol really helped.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Mar 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Abyssion isn't listed to have any stealables in the Monster Book, and I've never heard of that before. In any case, I went and tested with Colette's Item Getter and over 200 Luck, and went through the whole fight on both Normal and Mania having the AI open his guard and use Item Thief. A whole lot of nothing.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Apr 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Bo Staff Katana wrote:
I usually used an All-Divide, but it seems that won't work anymore. I haven't beat him on this play through (because I'm nowhere near there), but I will probably use Raine, Lloyd, Presea, and Zelos. I will have Raine continuously casting Revitalize and probably set Zelos to primarily heal, while controlling Lloyd. Also, I plan to be around level 70 or 80 when I tackle him. If all else fails I may just do the Colette trick, but that REALLY cheapens the fight. The last time I beat him I used the Colette trick on him and on the 3rd Sword Dancer.

Dear past self, where were you when I was fighting Abyssion for the first time? I had to try 3 times to beat him, and I didn't turn off all healing except Revitalize until the last try. In any case, I was at level 75 as I predicted, but the party that I used was Lloyd, Presea, Regal, and Raine. I did use quite a bit of Guard Bottles and Attack Bottles, which is something I have never done before, but the fight lasted only about 15 minutes or so, and I didn't have to exhaust all of my gels or life bottles. So overall I feel like I did a good job. Hooray for the old man!
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Apr 16, 2014 8:50 pm

My teams were around level 80 for each character. My team, Lloyd, Raine, Zelos and Sheena. Lloyd and Sheena for fast strikes and Zelos and Raine for healing.
Back to top Go down
Sahri

Sahri

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 4:23 pm

My team was in their low 90s when I beat him on Mania. Took me like 5 tries but I nailed him Very Happy And I even had Life Bottles left and I didn't have the 30 item limit. I may want to beat him on normal or hard at a lower level one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abyssion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyssion   Abyssion 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Abyssion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: Tales Series Discussion :: Tales of Symphonia-
Jump to: