Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)

Go down 
+52
Venom
Meow Wow
Crystal Power
Naoshi
watermelon-lhant
Juanblue85
Friendzie
Prinny
Dracos
Scrawlers
PanbanRichard
Ryu
ShirleyVaga
fateoffate
Taiyz
Cagesry
Lloyzerdk
Dimentionalist
Txn
Zappa
Yoh-dono
Zacewing
Abicion
Yume Hanabi
Drake
King Cat the Sixth
NexeorF
cutepresea
BlazingFiddlesticks
Xhakum
Suki
DreamSword
Red_Rose
Emil12345
Suikoden
Slivendiferious
Arn
TimeFactor
Zwei.0
Colour
Meowzy
Tenshigami
Moontoon
Tsuki
Dcrigg
DylDawg
Harbinger
Falcom
HCSteven
Samaël
GroundhogDay
Rainstorm
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Is this the first installment with (at least) three non-humans of the same race in the party?
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 3:30 pm

From her design, the band she wears have horn motifs.

...inb4 the Tenzoku can transform to Dragons.

I like her design, and beware her Paper Cut arte.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Still waiting on our "old lady" character..... guess that's not happening anymore.
Though, I do like her character design I prefer Edna, it's nice to see some news.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Is this the first installment with (at least) three non-humans of the same race in the party?
Sorta. Rebirth have 2 and a half Gajuma in the party.

EDIT: There's also Eternia with 3 Celestians.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

She's very pretty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Next one will be the wind one, probably a guy. Then to make things balanced I guess two humans?
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Yume Hanabi wrote:
Next one will be the wind one, probably a guy. Then to make things balanced I guess two humans?

That's what I'm thinking too! I'm really happy with the party so far~

I really hope they aren't making the story -too- Slay centered...we'll see how that goes. I get the story being the MCs perspective, that's why their the MC, to provide structure. However, its just all about Slay all the time, I'm going to get annoyed unless there are some really good subthemes.

I really like the new character's description, kind of sad she doesn't actually look like a more mature woman, but her description makes her sound like she's shaping up to be pretty unique and fun. Her design is also awesome~ So far I already love 4 characters, if their played out well that means I already have at least one full party of people I might favourite, I wonder if this will be one of those games where I swap my party around more often than "I'm going to put this person in just because I never use them and they're not bad" ;p
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Did they confirmed Slay, Alicia and Laila elements?

Slay is probably going to be Light.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Laila is fire but humans do not have elements as of yet, they may or may not. Maybe they will be multi-element depending on Divine contracts?
Back to top Go down
Tsuki

Tsuki

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Wow, yet another cool female character design. I really like the females so far, but this game is lacking good male character design in my opinion.. I do like Slay, but he looks too.. "normal", if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 11:39 pm

We'll probably get two more guys and a girl, or maybe something else.
Back to top Go down
Red_Rose

Red_Rose

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Laila looks very pretty I like her design more over Edna and Alicia I hope she is a playable party member so all girls except for Miclio I can deal with that but Laila is a Fon Master? oh has the potential to become one so TOA Cameo anyone? but this is looking good but I do want more party members or we can be all girls it don't matter it means more dlc outfits
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 12:03 am

Fon Master was a really weird translation by ANN, its just Doushi, Priests, which was translated as Fon Master specifically for Abyss but there's really nothing about it being connected to the word Fon Master this time.

Laila is definitely playable, she has a weapon listed~ (Books/Pages), I'll update the first post with that soon.

Edit: I realize how funny it is that her weapons are made of -paper- and her element is fire xD
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 am

Slay is the "Fon Master", not Lyra.

Well maybe that's what makes them a good weapon: they stick them on the enemy and then lights them on fire XD

I really like the girls so far, Alisha is a cool princess, Adna is adorable and fights with an umbrella, and Lyra looks gorgeous (also fire element, yay~). The guys otoh really fail to interest me. Slay looks and sounds as generic as it gets, and idk what's wrong with Mikulio but I don't really feel it atm.

I'm really happy with the idea of four designers tho, that really enables a wide array of interesting designs.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 2:11 am

I'm just imagining Lyra going around nonchalantly pasting/blowing pages onto unsuspecting victims and having them spontaneously combust....xD

I feel the same way about the characters EXACTLY, except that I feel like Mikulio MIGHT peak my interest. His face is cute at least ;p The girls are all so perfect so far though... <3 I really hope Slay pulls an Asbel for me personally and isn't JUST what he appears to be on the surface. (I thought Asbel was going to be another MC I just had to stand being there, but I ended up really liking him)

I love the combination of designs, it gives a really great feeling and the variety looks so nice! I really hope this anniversary isn't rushed and we get some nice anniversary content too ;3
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 2:38 am

Oooh this makes me want to think of cameo costumes. Though they're probably gonna be recycling again so I'm sure I'll end up disappointed by some, but whatever XD

Edna needs to get Leia's outfit x3
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 2:52 am

There's only one character left now(considering a 6 character party), I'm expecting something completly different(not human or diviner) to show up, I hope it's something like Repede we need more playable mascots.

But I'm either expecting a ranged fighter(pretty sure all diviners will be mainly mages) or a thief.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 7:16 am

I'm pretty convinced we'll get a 8 character party:
- Design collab, meaning a balanced repartition would be one or two per designer. Inomata already got two, so we should expect one more for the three others.
- I also think there will be a balance between the number of humans and diviners. That can be done for a party of six if the unrevealed one is human, but... We've got a diviner of Water, Earth and Fire already. There's no way we're not getting Wind as well.

Of course it's all speculation and my own wishes for the party set-up speaking xD;

I'd really like a ranged fighter (bowww pls<3) and a thief as well, I really love those classes.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 9:56 am

I've already been thinking about cameo costumes too, and I have the same problems with it as you, I always end up disappointed because they pass up great character parallel opportunities and at the SAME TIME repeat costumes...there are so many examples but: Rutee...just...Rutee's costume in general, reusing Judith on a character who already has tons of revealing costumes, whose personality doesn't fit, and who doesn't even like being in revealing clothing (granted the Rita-Judith and Colette-Sheena thematic parallel was great), Natalia was perfect on Cheria but it neither fit nor looked good on Ange.

I basically have two personal criteria for a good cameo costume, it either has to look generally good on the character, ie Patty on Beryl and Chat on Hermana or it has to fit their character (weapon choice, political position SOMETHING) and themes, maybe contrast or draw some parallels, like Jude on Ruca and Flynn on Hubert

On the most part Namco does a pretty good job but sometimes they pass up perfect opportunities...and other times they think of really clever things.

For reused costumes I'm just going to count their main cameo costume, because we've been getting multiple costumes with some games (Like Milla getting Asbel and Jude getting Yuri in X2), but if its been a supplementary costume more than once than I'd rather not (like Yuri).

from what I've seen so for, for Zestie:

Slay: Mister pure hearted poofy jacket, I could see maybe Asbel or Cress...these have both been supplementary costumes _._ I will accept alternative ideas not sure what would look good on him

Alicia: Estelle or Pasca Kanonno would work well both appearance and character-wise imo. Maybe someone more overtly feminine depending on her character development. If they give her Judith I might scream.

Mikulio: I saw fanart suggesting Annie...I can't say I completely hate the idea? xD Hubert would look good appearance-wise, maybe. The only other male childhood friend from Mikulio we have is Chester, not sure how great that'd look.

Edna: The same fanart suggested Jay but because of my top choice for Lyra I'm going to move on from that idea. I'd really like Leia, as Yume suggested~ As well, Reala could work imo.

Lyra: They passed up a great chance with Muzet(And randomly gave her Sheena?? At least it didn't look bad), so now they have another pretty great chance here. Lyra would look amazing in Grune's outfit, her backstory makes her seem to have at least some amount of power, her personality seems a little eccentric, and the designs seem to mesh well. Alternatively, she would look great in Lithia's costume and also be thematically not bad.

@Yume: I would love another bow user <3
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am

I really want Grune for Lyra now that it's been brought up.
Bamco misses some good opportunities at times so I'll keep my hopes down. Sad

Alicia should get Sara from Tales of Link.
...That was a joke. Just a joke. Sorry. :3 (At least I didn't say Alicia Combatir?)
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 11:04 am

I don't even know where to put my hopes, I'm just increasingly more and more excited but pretty much a year if not more until its even released in Japan

Omg cutiep omg, that is very true though at least you did not say that xD They should give her that and her love interest, if she has one, Regal, they can be together in at least one way in this world *shot*

Updated first post, I'll wait for Famitsu before I try putting a picture of Lyra/Lyla in the first post
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 11:54 am

Musee would have been perfect as Yggdrasill, idk what Namco was smoking XD
But yeah I agree with you so much omg

Alisha's one I could see Natalia's costume working well for, but... yeah, already used orz. Annie's a good idea. I, huh, don't see it on Mikulio, but it could fit Alisha. Or maybe Milla Maxwell's X2 costume? I've always found it so beautiful x3

If they give anyone Musee I'm gonna scream lol. But Grune and Lithia are good choices for Lyra. If there's an antagonist series Phodra Queen would be great for her, too.
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Slay will get Leon and we will all have to deal with it.
Very Happy
I hope not, it wouldn't even look good.
I was tempted to suggest Shing for him, but I'm pretty sure his model would look kinda goofy in it. Not that a character looking goofy in a cameo costume ever stopped Bamco before.
I almost jokingly suggested Presea for Edna (earth element lol), but nah. Based on the fanart I've seen, I kinda want a Jay costume with Normin looking like an Oresoren while she's in it. Doubt that'd happen. Hahaha.

Another antagonist set would be so good. Only problem is that I can't think of anyone who'd look good as Lazaris.
...Because I just really want a Lazaris costume for someone.
Hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Muzet Yggy would have been great :0 At least we got Ygg!Cal <3 That was a fantastic choice

I feel like if a character's developed that's an even more perfect fit for the costume...I wouldn't exactly be mad if they if they reused it, but I don't like when it gets excessive, especially when it only really ever fit one, maybe two, of the characters its been used on when its been used three times *Stares at Rutee*

Annie or X2 Maxwell would be so pretty I agree ahh <3 I really thought they did really well when redesigning Milla for X2

Omg yeah me too ahaha. Another antagonist's set would be great, Vesperia's was really fun. I would definitely dish out the money for that ;p I hope its two seperate sets and not half/half like Xillia's cameo costumes, its more money from us but i also like it better that way. Though Milla's Dhaos costume was dah bomb and perfect in every way, shape, and form.

AHH ORESOREN NORMIN I DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER THAT POSSIBILITY. Now I want that a lot xD

I think (read: hope) if anyone gets Leon its Mikulio, at least it'd somewhat fit, unlike if Slay got it. I can hope they won't use Leon again...but we know he's a big money bringer.

I was also tempted to suggest Shing for Slay, as it fits thematically, but you're right it would look really super goofy xD
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 2:23 pm

◕ ‿ ◕ fanfic?
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)   Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release) - Page 5 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Zestiria (PS3) Speculation/News (Pre-Release)
Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next