Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage

Go down 
+24
PanbanRichard
King Cat the Sixth
Dcrigg
BlazingFiddlesticks
Arn
Samaël
Yume Hanabi
Zwei.0
DylDawg
DreamSword
Ludger
Slivendiferious
Meowzy
Suikoden
Lloyzerdk
Rainstorm
GroundhogDay
Falcom
TempestBlade
Hasta_Extermi
TimeFactor
FurudeRika
Emil12345
Dimentionalist
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Meowzy

Meowzy

Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMFri May 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Full version or a demo?
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMFri May 16, 2014 11:46 pm

I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Ludger

Ludger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMWed May 28, 2014 5:59 pm

I can't wait for the people that are actually going to take videos of it, I mean I'd love to see more english footage even though I already know what the game looks like.
Back to top Go down
http://xerorain.tumblr.com/
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 5:41 pm

The D in Ludger is silent now? Definitely calling him Loogie now.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Wow, Leia's' new vocal direction is great!
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jun 06, 2014 11:07 pm

TimeFactor wrote:

The D in Ludger is silent now? Definitely calling him Loogie now.

Something I'm fine with. It would've sounded awkward if they pronounced the name "lud-ger" or "lood-ger."
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 2:20 am

They dropped the "Will" when Jude introduced him.

Again with dropping middle names/initials in dialogue I see.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 8:43 am

Lloyzerdk wrote:

Something I'm fine with. It would've sounded awkward if they pronounced the name "lud-ger" or "lood-ger."

"Lood-ger" is the way it's pronounced so I don't see how that would've been awkward.
I don't have a problem with dropping the D but I need to get used to it. Or is there a language where it's pronounced like that?

DylDawg wrote:
They dropped the "Will" when Jude introduced him.

Again with dropping middle names/initials in dialogue I see.

Tbh, I don't know a person who introduces himself with his full (two) name/s. If I would do that every time I would feel strange.
It would be pretty much that:
"Hi! My name is [Name] [Name] [Name] [Surname]."
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 9:11 am

That's actually a fairly common practice in the netherlands.

Not if your name is Frederick Alexander [surname] for example, because that doesn't have a nice "ring" to it (or sounds too badass), but it does happen in cases where two names can be "merged" into one:

Jan Willem [surname] ( Jan = Jean, Willem = William) would often be shortened into one "name" people introduce themselves with: Jan-Willem. They tend to get kind of mad if you use only one of them (Jan or Willem). Oddly, Willem-Jan is a rarer name, but also appears from time to time.

Of course, "Ludger-Will" doesn't have a nice ring to it either (while oddly, "Will-Kresnik" does, but Will is not a surname) so it is not applicable in this case.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 12:57 pm

And they're keeping Julius Kresnik. For some reason I thought they'd change his name to Yulius since Julius was the name of a mentioned character in the first Xillia, who I don't think is the same as Julius Kresnik.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 07, 2014 9:21 pm

Even if it's not a common practice in the US, Elympios is not the US. Middle names (including saying them when you introduce yourself) part of the worldbuilding, and it's sad that they'd remove that. But then again why are we surprised, they already Americanized Xillia 1, what makes you think 2 would be different?
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 1:59 am

Well, we were hoping they realize that. Hopefully they dont bring that to Zestiria. The Arthurian influence I like.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9F1V9ww-uA#t=71

So apparently all the Texas based VAs in Xillia 2 is Patrick Seitz doing. Because as Matthew Mercer said, they've exhausted every VA in LA.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 5:41 am

Yume Hanabi wrote:
Middle names (including saying them when you introduce yourself) part of the worldbuilding, and it's sad that they'd remove that. But then again why are we surprised, they already Americanized Xillia 1, what makes you think 2 would be different?

True. I should be a bit more open minded to that. It's just that everyone here rolls their eyes at [Name](-)[Nmae].

So they skipped over Balan's second name, too?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 8:05 am

They did use Alfred Vint Svent and Gilandor Yul Svent though.

Balan's middle name is never mentioned iirc.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Dei wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9F1V9ww-uA#t=71

So apparently all the Texas based VAs in Xillia 2 is Patrick Seitz doing. Because as Matthew Mercer said, they've exhausted every VA in LA.

I think that was more of a joke on Matt's part, there's still plenty of unused LA voice actors, but I wouldn't mind seeing more voice actors from other regions in the future.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Wait, did they actually use Ludger's voiced lines?

And WTF!? They just spoiled
Spoiler:
and a majority of the last two chapters.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 pm

I'd be madder about the spoilers if they hadn't already been spoiled for me, and honestly I'm not sure that I'd be able to tell that they were spoilers unless someone told me they were.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 pm

TimeFactor wrote:

Wait, did they actually use Ludger's voiced lines?

And WTF!? They just spoiled
Spoiler:
and a majority of the last two chapters.

GroundhogDay wrote:
I'd be madder about the spoilers if they hadn't already been spoiled for me, and honestly I'm not sure that I'd be able to tell that they were spoilers unless someone told me they were.
Agreed. If you hadn't said there were spoilers in it, I wouldn't have seen them as spoilers.

It's a very compelling trailer in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 pm

GroundhogDay wrote:

I've been arguing this with another person, but she won't listen. I love the Tales importers.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 5:29 pm

ohemgee Elle's voice is adorable
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 5:57 pm

That new trailer was hype as f***.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Is it me or has Namco's trailer making capabilities improved? If I remember right, the trailer for Graces was kind of crappy, but this was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 6:07 pm

GroundhogDay wrote:
I think that was more of a joke on Matt's part, there's still plenty of unused LA voice actors, but I wouldn't mind seeing more voice actors from other regions in the future.
I was making a joke.

And after here Ludger speak in the trailer, I really do love his English voice.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 11:49 pm

So I just got spoiled on X2? Well I'm on the other end, I have no idea what anything there actually meant, so la-la land for me!

DreamSword wrote:
That new trailer was hype as f***.

For ALL the realsies. You want me to say "Is this even Tales anymore, Namco?", well you got pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage   Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Xillia 2 - English Footage
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next