Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION

Go down 
+32
Prinny
Dis
Falunel
Arn
Ryu
King Cat the Sixth
Dimentionalist
TimeFactor
Naoshi
Abicion
cutepresea
BlazingFiddlesticks
Sagadego
Sakura1106
Smuglord
Suki
Sapphie
Varrius
TrulyBigHeaded
DylDawg
Yume Hanabi
Txn
Colour
Augla
Zwei.0
Rainstorm
Falcom
Suikoden
Moontoon
Slivendiferious
DreamSword
Chosen of Mana
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26
AuthorMessage
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMThu May 28, 2015 7:54 am

Necroing because urgency.

Quick, someone. I need recommendation for a VGC team that is wholly OP and cringing to the point of people crying "what a tryhard". I can only think of Megakhan at the moment because my repertoires only consist of monotype and very focused strategy that either make or break a battle. I need a team that is balancedly overpowered, however oxymoronic that sounds.

I am not afraid of using Smeargle Dark Void or Klefki swagplay, if you're asking for the standard of recommendation.

My region finally holds its first VGC Tourney and I'm relatively hyped for it.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMThu May 28, 2015 8:54 am

Pachirisu
Gyarados
Khan
Talonflame
Dragonshark
Salamence
Scizor
Misdreavus @ Choice Specs/ Choice Scarf
Whimsicott

And those new megas like beedrill and slowbroke probably.

Take your pick.

You can look up the most used pokemon online on the VGC's own websites.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMSun May 31, 2015 7:24 am

Well, yeah I decided to be as cheap as possible, got 18th place in the masters division lel.

Perish Song Mega Gengar, Dual Intimidate Landorus-T and Scrafty, the mighty Rotom-W, Megakhan and Swagplay Klefki. I've never even used any of these before, and in Doubles to boot. 4 wins and 2 losses is pretty good for this team tbh.

Holy shit Perish Song Megengar is great. My last three wins is exactly like this:

See Megakhan at top slot
"fucking cheapo" *sends phys tank*
Perish Song Mega Gengar first turn, w/ Fake Out Scrafty for good measure

My impression of entering my first tournament: good god I'll never do something as embarassing as this ever again. So....geeky.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMSun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm

The greatest stuff is usually the geekiest. Wink
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMSun May 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Did I ever link any of the games I played on showdown with my MeGengar doubles team?

It's a really intricate struggle lock with Perish Song built in. I've had situations in which people said "please don't use perish song", so I didn't. It takes ages to take a team down without perish song, but all your opponent can do is struggle themselves to death xD
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMMon Jun 01, 2015 2:13 pm

I remember seeing your MeGengar game, Encore + Disable iirc. It was certainly hilarious.

MeGengar with Perish Song is really rather unfair tbh. Case in point, I literally built that team on the morning of tourney, have no prior experience whatsoever with it (I actually based the team around Megakhan with MeGengar as a "lolynot" measure), and proceed to win 4 of my matches consecutively.

Well, that strategy worked quite well for me because a lot of people were rather wary of Megakhan to expect Perish Song Megengar first turn lol.

It wasn't as infallible as everyone cries out about though; U-turn and Volt Switch disrupts it, Prankster Thunder Wave can hopefully prevent Perish Song or Protect/Substitute, and I personally experienced a guy destroying substitute + spore Gengar on the same turn. Well, the last one can easily be countered with Follow Me, but I'm a noob at Doubles so I didn't think of it at that time.

But to hell with it. I'm content with being a closet gamer, not gonna join anything like this ever again, at least sometime in the near future. So embarassing lel
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mana
Freelancer
Chosen of Mana

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMFri Jun 05, 2015 6:59 pm

I wanna get back into semi-competitive Pokémon, but since ORAS banned imported Pokémon from random battles, I'd have to start my whole damn team from scratch. It really keeps me from getting motivated.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 6:04 am

Making team in ORAS/XY is easier than ever though (and I'm not even talking about the QR code/Sav2Ram exploit). Heck, my XY bred team has way better IV that I didn't even care to transport my main team in BW/2.

Unless of course you're referring to the unbreedable/event Pokemon, then yeah, tough luck.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 6:47 am

Banned imported pokemon from random battles? Does that mean I can only use pokemon caught/bred in Oras in online battles?

Last edited by Moontoon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Chosen of Mana
Freelancer
Chosen of Mana

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 10:54 am

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Making team in ORAS/XY is easier than ever though (and I'm not even talking about the QR code/Sav2Ram exploit). Heck, my XY bred team has way better IV that I didn't even care to transport my main team in BW/2.

Unless of course you're referring to the unbreedable/event Pokemon, then yeah, tough luck.

The problem mainly lies in actually picking the damn things. I was never the best at team balance (my old team was sweeper heavy), but I was hoping to learn some things about team synergy for the new party. Random Battles being 3v3 instead of 6v6 might affect how I go about this.

On top of that, I lost all my Friend Safari friends because I didn't know you weren't supposed to change the 3DS you play X or Y on.

Moontoon wrote:
Banned imported pokemon from random battles? Does that mean I can only use pokemon caught/bred in Oras in online battles?

Well, caught/bred in XY or ORAS. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blue_pentagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 26 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION
Page 26 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26