Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer 2014 Anime Season

Go down 
+15
Suikoden
warriorangel01
Harbinger
Scrawlers
Suki
fateoffate
TimeFactor
Slivendiferious
King Cat the Sixth
Dr. Casey
DylDawg
Taiyz
Arn
Falcom
Tenshigami
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMFri Oct 03, 2014 11:54 pm

For whatever reason... I finally finished Captain Earth and Mahouka.

They are both "below" average Anime...
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 12:27 am

B-but Mahouka has ONII SAMAAAAAA ! <3

Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 1xyIhlc

*swoons*
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 12:42 am

The ultimate Main (support) character. To think she's considered a main character...
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 12:51 am

Captain Earth had a great ending for the sole reason that I watched it on the same day as the Aldnoah Zero ending. That made Captain Earth 9001 times better by comparison.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMSun Oct 19, 2014 3:06 am

@SAO: Yay Calibur arc! Shoehorning Tonkii in 2 minutes got me laughing, but at least they didn't totally retcon Kirito being all-knowing.

Although I liked the Failed version of Calibur arc more, with the GM explaining how the lore works, Cardinal going overboard and stuff (because that's honestly more detailed and fun to ponder, and the return of Cardinal system), I guess the Success version tallies more with the storyline and more shounen for the market. I doubt they're going to combine the two, but I can only hope.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMSun Oct 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Let this thread diiiiiiiie, post SAO nonsense on the Fail 2014 anime thread!

But yah, Caliber arc woot! Thought they would make an OVA of it instead, though maybe for Caliber SS haha. We all know SS in non canon Razz
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMMon Oct 20, 2014 4:07 am

eh well, i thought because sao is (originally) a summer anime, it made more sense to post it here.

tho it's not entirely wrong to post it on fail 2014 anime thread too

Non canon as it may be, the SS version explained the situation better, with Cardinal system being brought up again, tying the story to both SAO (the game) and Alicization Project. It just made more sense than the whole Caliber arc being a "secret event gm held and kirito is a miraculously lucky bastard because he somehow tamed tonkii and saw excaliber before".

But hey, who cares, fans don't want to make sense of the story or see Kirito failing, they just wanna see him dual wielding and combining skills left and right in his rampaging glory of getting all the bitches. On the other hand, haters are just gonna bitch as usual, so why bother.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMMon Oct 20, 2014 7:50 pm

It is, but eh whatever lol

True, which is why an BD OVA of SS would be nice, though who knows.
Now Kirito is gonna get Excalibur from harem member Sinon and all will go well, YAY.
Then we shall move on to Mother's Rosario for even more Kirito action to appease the fans.

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
But hey, who cares, fans don't want to make sense of the story or see Kirito failing, they just wanna see him dual wielding and combining skills left and right in his rampaging glory of getting all the bitches.

Pretty sure most of the "fans" are here for dual wielding bitch fingering harem action.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMMon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 am

Wow, Klein's iai-dimensional/ooo bash-slash thing is awesome when animated. But lol, Berserk Healer's KS is priceless.

Is it safe to say that I played too much Tales when I expected them to shout "VERTICAL SQUARE" or "VORPAL STRIKE" when attacking? Because seriously, had Kirito screamed the skill name, that scene would be greater and Klein's gonna be more dumbstruck (and probably going to dual wield Katana himself).

Anyway, Kirito - cheating the system of every game, one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMTue Oct 28, 2014 12:02 am

We need Star Burst Stream..... too bad Kirito will never do it. EVER.
Lmao if Asuna didn't do it then Kirito would've got axed. Literally.

And I think the only Sword Skill he ever shouted was Star Burst Stream, at least from I can remember against the battle vs The Gleam Eyes.

Calibur gonna end.... soon?
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMTue Oct 28, 2014 2:45 am

Calibur is just one chapter after all. They just need to animate it so there's no plothole when Kirito kick the front liners' collective asses in Mother Rosario.

Since ALO never had Dual Wield system, Kirito just can't use it in there. But of course, there's always Alicization. I kinda like that Star Burst Stream isn't used ad nauseum (like Rasengan or Getsuga Tenshou) because it would make the scene when he finally use it again in Alicization having a lot more impact.
Spoiler:

Besides, there's just a lot of Sword Skills in SAO, you can't call yourself a master swordsman if you stick to only one skill. I am pretty content with the reprisal of Horizontal/Vertical Square though.

Berserk Healer's best healer. Screw support, offense is the best defense.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMTue Oct 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Tbh I preferred Calibur over Mother's Rosario, but hey you gotta animate what you gotta animate.

Kirito is still exploiting dual swords to make use of each cooldown when using Sword Skills iirc in ALO.
Reusing your final technique and yelling it is the main trademark of shonen action series tho!
Did he use SBS in Alicization? I either did not read that far or just forgot.
It's too bad we'll never the The Eclipse Razz

Who needs mainstream clerics anyways?
inb4 Alicization arc announced after MR
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMWed Oct 29, 2014 11:06 am

Well, he hasn't used it yet (due to major spoilerific issues) in the light novel released thus far, but in the web novel, I'm pretty sure he used it, at least in the final battle.

But yeah, I don't know why people keep saying Mother Rosario best arc, tbh, it felt more like a huge filler for me. Introduction of character that can never be used again, Asuna learning new skill which no one gives a shit about and it doesn't even appear in latter chapters (unless of course, Kawahara Reki is going to have it reprise in Alicization light novel, but who needs Sword Skill
Spoiler:
?). That just scream glorified filler for me and is only there to please Asuna's circlejerkers.

But that's probably just me being misogynistic. inb4 Girls' Op animated, now that's a quality filler.

On one hand, I want Alicization animated, no, I need Alicization animated. But I'm worried the animators doesn't do it justice, no, I'm pretty sure the animators can't do it justice.

But well, S2 has been great thus far, so I have hope that S3 is going to be better, or at least have similar quality. Just need 4 cour and it'd be perfect.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaMSun Nov 02, 2014 6:33 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Rape scene deserves a full episode to make people megabutthurt to ensure supreme satisfaction for the upcoming dismemberment

y u do dis

CALIBUR HEN END

That was hella enjoyable, loved this adaptation.
Now everything goes downhill from here.

It established the nature of Cardinal System(which is VERY important), showcased the effects it can have on virtual worlds(which is VERY important), gave Kirito the Excaliber (which is VERY important), set up quite a few other plot lines for future(which are VERY important) so now we wait till it all unfolds in Alicization, if that ever gets an adaptation x)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer 2014 Anime Season   Summer 2014 Anime Season - Page 9 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Summer 2014 Anime Season
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9