Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation

Go down 
+13
Harbinger
Suikoden
Abicion
DylDawg
Taiyz
Milkytalesgames
Txn
Falcom
DreamSword
Slivendiferious
Arn
Samaƫl
TalesTails
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation   Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Harbinger wrote:
I'm not a purist or anything --- it just sounds better. Since I cannot judge Japanese voice actors (unless they sound really bad), I can't know if the VA sucks or not Razz
At least you're honest, unlike the internet at large.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation   Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 28, 2014 5:59 pm

don't dare to judge my kawaii seyuus
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation   Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jun 30, 2014 12:53 pm

It would not sell as well as bringing over a brand new title would because it's been available on 360 for several years already.

I could see them potentially making more than they spend localizing the PS3 version, but whatever they themselves expect to profit from such a venture isn't enough that they can justify the investment, or they would have already.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation   Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Jul 01, 2014 6:28 pm

swordandshield wrote:
Oh, but why didn't they localize it for the PS3 in the first place?

Because the PS3 version was made a year after the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation   Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 2:58 am

Nobody knows the real internals of why NB developed for the 360, then released for the PS3 a year later. We do know that rumors of Microsoft exclusivity were shown to be false. Microsoft very likely funded the game's development, and what they did likely plan for was at least the simultaneous JP/NA release schedule and temporary marketing dibs, which I assume to be reasons why they couldn't include all the content they wanted and why they didn't publicize plans of a PS3 version. It isn't unreasonable to assume NB was testing both markets and were intending to release on both platforms simultaneously, but couldn't for whatever reason. I think Microsoft set a particular deadline for the 360 release, major snags were hit during development and this is why one was pushed out first "unpolished", but it could have been something else entirely. I don't think NB were crazy enough to advertise only the 360 release then release a more polished version on the console their main market already had on purpose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation   Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 3:30 am

I think it's pretty obvious that there was some Microsoft money involved, but I think that it WAS planned just because that exact process wasn't uncommon for Japanese developers last gen, even the shoot 'em up guys started doing upgraded PS3 ports toward the end. Namco did that with some Idolmaster games, went Sony-exclusive after Beautiful Katamari, D3Publisher's Dream Club games and Onechanbara Z did the same.

Maybe the Japanese just don't understand DLC and want to use the money of one fanbase to fund a slightly better version for the other? Then again, there've also been a ton of upgraded PS3-->Vita ports. The Japanese are just port-crazy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation   Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Localize Tales of Vesperia for Playstation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2