Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?

Go down 
+7
Lord Yggdrasill
swordandshield
Arn
Sahri
Suikoden
DreamSword
Lloyzerdk
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMFri Jun 27, 2014 12:25 am

I haven't heard anything about it for a while now, so I'm wondering if it's still going on.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMFri Jun 27, 2014 12:35 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMFri Jun 27, 2014 12:39 pm

From what I've heard, it is.
Back to top Go down
Sahri

Sahri

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMMon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Wait, is there going to be a a remake of Tales of Rebirth? o.o
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMMon Aug 11, 2014 12:32 pm

No, it's a fan translation.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMMon Aug 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Oh god, more grave diggers.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMMon Aug 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Only if it's modded.
Back to top Go down
Lord Yggdrasill

Lord Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMThu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 am

swordandshield wrote:
Man, I gotta learn Japanese so I don't need translation guides for games.

If you are interested in watching anime, it may help a lot. My cousin learned Japanese after 1 year of watching Anime for about 1-2 hours a day regularly. I cant do it though, the last time I watched an anime was 11 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMThu Aug 14, 2014 9:46 am

^^^Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Yggdrasill

Lord Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMThu Aug 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Arn wrote:
^^^Hahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!!

umm whats so funny about? XD
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMThu Aug 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Lord Yggdrasill wrote:
Arn wrote:
^^^Hahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!!

umm whats so funny about? XD

Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMThu Aug 14, 2014 4:00 pm

If learning Japanese were as easy as watching anime I'd be 100% fluent at the language by now.

Also spoken != written in terms of learning.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 4:17 pm

One of my friends is trying to teach himself Japanese and one time last week we practiced a bit of it together.

Aside from the written part of the language and the buttload of unfamiliar (or outright untranslatable) words the language actually seems to be rather easy. I'm not saying this to sell the language short, as I am sure it is definitely no walk in the park to learn japanese well enough to hold a normal conversation, let alone fluently enough to master it.

Heck, mastering it might well be impossible, even for japanese linguists.

What I noticed though, is that the phrase structure is very simple compared to Dutch. I guess I would compare it to spanish, in a way. Dutch has all these complicated exceptions, and a lot more words per phrase, in a way comparable to English. Except that a lot of people who "speak Dutch" speak the language, but never mastered it, and therefore make common mistakes very, very frequently. Mistakes most people don't even recognize to be mistakes. Whereas English has less of these pitfalls.

Now, I will not dare pretend to have mastered any language myself, but I do believe that learning to speak the Japanese language (not write it!) if it is not your native tongue will be harder than English (if it is not your native tongue) but easier than Dutch (if it is not your native tongue).

Aside from that, if anyone could learn to speak japanese from watching anime series two hours a day on a daily basis, they would be a linguistic genuis rivaling Stephen Hawking and they would've had an easier time learning it by spending a couple of weeks on that language alone. Then, they would be able to watch anime series the rest of their lives without subtitles, and probably live comfortably in japan for an indeterminable amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 5:24 pm

The problem with japanese is not really understanding and phrasing nor speak but the amount of kanji, how they fit and the 348 different meanings of each one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sherstelle

Sherstelle

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaMTue Feb 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Same. If you could become fluent in Japanese from watching anime, then I should've been fluent a long time ago. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?   Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Is the Rebirth translation still ongoing?
Page 1 of 1