Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey   Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 12:46 am

Regardless if someone cut cold turkey or slowly weaned themself from the nicotine, I highly advise you find something to fill the void of smoking. I'm not saying turn to another vice but rather something that can curb your addiction. Chewing gum is a great way to preoccupy yourself from the urges.

Also just be aware that you're moods are likely to be erratic and you'll prolly be on edge more than usual if you find yourself stressed.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey   Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 1:01 am

Don't do this unless you have some good will. I was a pretty hardcore smoker from 16 to 20 and I still like me some nicotine but I don't really smoke anymore(it has been a year without somoking). I'll suggest some king of therapy too(not exactly a doctor one).
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey   Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 pm

I've never smoked myself so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about here, but 24 years ago my mother just plain quit smoking.

No shenanigans, no fandangles, she just stopped from one moment to the next and never smoked again.

I understand this is extremely hard to do, but think about the bragging rights when you quit without any help from e-cigs or chewing gum or whatever (this might not be the easiest way though).

Of course she had a really good reason to stop smoking (she became pregnant). You could set yourself a goal to make it easier for yourself. Set aside the money you would've spent buying cigarettes for a year for example ( 50 bucks a week and 52 weeks is 2600 bucks I believe? Dude what. That's a lot of money. ) and buy yourself something nice at the end of the year. You'll have something to look forward to, something to remind yourself of when the going gets tough.

Heck, you could go on a vacation.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey   Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 8:57 pm

I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying for you not to quit cold turkey and find a better way.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey   Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey 07v2DaMSat Jul 26, 2014 12:35 am

My sister recently quit smoking. I think she slowly weaned herself off of it. At one point she realized she was smoking about 2 - 3 cigarettes a day and finally up and quit. Anyway, I have faith that you can quit and I am rooting for you! Good luck! You can do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey   Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Thinking about quitting smoking cold turkey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: