Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

Go down 
+41
Zacewing
AriArk
Prinny
Chosen of Mana
CameronL
TZ
Psypher
Drake
Lewnatic
VanSensei
Falunel
Ryu
Bo Staff Katana
Dannnnny
SRMS
Sapphie
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
fateoffate
Arn
Jazzeh
Samaël
Jean
Chosen Zelos
DylDawg
Dr. Casey
Lloyzerdk
Harbinger
Tenshigami
Moontoon
Taiyz
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Abicion
Falcom
Venom
HCSteven
DoubleL
Txn
Slivendiferious
Suikoden
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
^ Fick/random complaint: Damn USA and using farenheit instead of celsius because I never know what people outside the US are bitching about. 30 is actually mildly COLD in fahrenheit. Also last winter I had Canadian friends complain about it being -20 and I'm all like "holy crap!" only to look it up and find out it was actually colder here in MN at like -10 or lower that day. Not to mention for like a week it actually WAS -20°F here and my God never again. Going outside in that is quite unpleasant.
It's 86 degrees fahrenheit over here, if it makes you feel better.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 12:33 pm

80F here... with 76% humidity.
And screw you rest of the world, with your logical metric and what not. Razz
I will still use imperial for my primary measurements, because 'Murrica...

Neg: Can't watch any of E3 live, as I will be at work -__-
Will probably just be able to get bits and pieces via phone tho...
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 1:50 pm

@Sui there may be lingering bad feelings, but I'll tell you this: don't feel bad for snapping. Although you understandably don't go into detail, your post reminds me about my best friend's situation a lot. I don't know how many times I held back and didn't snap, but the one time that I did, my best friend THANKED me for cutting him down and yanking him back into reality.

Even if you might feel bad about it later, snapping like that can be very effective, especially if the person knows you genuinely care and that it's unusual behavior for you. Such a shock to their system has the potential to finally get those gears turning in their head.

Also...
Suikiwiden wrote:
I'm tired of other people giving up at crucial points in their lives by making stupid decisions and are too selfish to see the repercussions those idiotic decisions have on not only themselves but those around them who care. Haven't I gone through this shit enough already?
This pretty much word for word summarizes a lot of what I thought but didn't want to voice to my friend the past few months. He still kind of realized it himself though and now that he's done ruining pretty much everything he had planned he's apologized to me repeatedly for not listening and also for all the stress he's caused me by heaping all of his shit onto me.

I can't really bring myself to blame him though, honestly. Most of the blame lies on someone else entirely who I'd gladly rip them a new one if I ever see them around again.

Slivendiferious wrote:
It's 86 degrees fahrenheit over here, if it makes you feel better.
It does. 86 here is when I don't want to go outside because walking out the door involves getting punched in the face with the most hot and humid air imaginable.

My sympathies.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 11:39 pm

It's so cool here, praise Canada.

Pos: Aglovale gets a new art with his Legion Mate!

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 Vg06

*drooooools*

Neg: Been on 99% on Nep's route for like 4 playthroughs already, dangit. On that note, a friend said this series was garbage, and made my heart hurt </3

Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 1:11 am

POS: Lively night with friends on skype watching E3 together.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 8:22 am

Fick: Is there a failproof way to get your daily schedule back in order again?

I keep sleeping through my alarm clock.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 8:26 am

Btw guys, my skype is diegojsmelo
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm

@Arn oh hey you have Skype now? I'll add you when I get the chance later.

------------
Pos: Had a chat over steam last night with a friend I hadn't talked to for a few months that seemed like the most natural conversation I've had in a long while. Too often I look back at a conversation and want to kick myself because it seems like all it turned into was me talking about myself, but that didn't happen here. It was just a casual chat between two people, exchanging opinions on game series we've both played and enjoyed over the years. I didn't even once bother to stop and worry whether I was about to insult a game she loved - she agreed with nearly every complaint I had across all sorts of topics such as the Kingdom Hearts spinoffs, how much I wish I could enjoy the PS3 Atelier series, and how much I dislike FFXIII.

There was absolutely no anxiety or anything like that involved - I wish all my conversations went that smoothly.

Now that I think about it, I worry waaaaay too much about what others may think of me.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMTue Jun 10, 2014 6:21 pm

POS: My jury duty tomorrow was cancelled!!

Now I can go play Smash Bros. at Best Buy and take the test to get my learner's permit.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMWed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 am

Pos: woke up at 9:10!

What?

That's early for me.

Let's see if I can get it back to 8:00 again.

Edit Pos: One day later: Almost did it! 8:09.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 9:37 am

Pos: Mario Kart 8 arrived just in time for my birthday! Also got Pilot Wings Resort.

Pos: One of my sisters will be visiting this weekend.

Fick: Work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Fick: err, looking for good normal, run-of-the-mill fanart of Eren Yeager on pixiv that doesn't fulfill any sort of fetish is surprisingly difficult. You'd think there'd be a lot of him slicing up titans or something but no - a large percentage of it is Eren getting all hot and bothered with various other AoT characters. Which is fine if that's what you're looking for, but it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Pos: So I'm with my old man and we're already running late to an appointment as we're heading down a main road we found it to be completely flooded (bad storm this morning). So we head down a country back road and THAT'S starting to flood too! Luckily we could pass by but if we return to find the water has gotten deeper, we'd be screwed out of getting home. I don't know why exactly but instead of getting frustrated like my dad is I'm just laughing at how stupid the situation is.

Sometimes living in hicktown USA ain't too bad...

Neg: Loud ass thunder woke me up at 8:30 and I couldn't get back to sleep after that.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Fick: err, looking for good normal, run-of-the-mill fanart of Eren Yeager on pixiv that doesn't fulfill any sort of fetish is surprisingly difficult. You'd think there'd be a lot of him slicing up titans or something but no - a large percentage of it is Eren getting all hot and bothered with various other AoT characters. Which is fine if that's what you're looking for, but it wasn't.
Use Safebooru?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 2:30 pm

^I can usually - usually - find more/better stuff by skipping safebooru and going straight to pixiv but that clearly didn't work here. Guess it depends on the anime (and the fanbase thereof).
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Fick: I feel like I'm goin' through the day in a daze. Time is flyin' by but like my brain is just off.

Tenshigami wrote:
^I can usually - usually - find more/better stuff by skipping safebooru and going straight to pixiv but that clearly didn't work here. Guess it depends on the anime (and the fanbase thereof).
I know yer pain man. I've had to scour through some weird stuff before....
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Neg: Tried buying a "refurbished" 60GB PS3 from Gamestop today to play PS2 games in HD, and it sounds like a jet engine. Nice refurbish job, guys.  Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 41355646 
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Prinny wrote:
Neg: Tried buying a "refurbished" 60GB PS3 from Gamestop today to play PS2 games in HD, and it sounds like a jet engine. Nice refurbish job, guys.  Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 41355646 
Just FYI, I tried the same thing with GameStop a number of years ago. First one died after a few weeks. Second one started overheating after a few days, and at that point I said "screw it" and just bought a slim. Really wanted that backwards compatibility though.

--------------
Neg: was pressed for time with Moonie's B-day thread this morning and I now realize I should have just thrown out the AoT image and stuck with a full Sailor Moon post even if the Sailor Moon idea was last minute as I wrote the post. Also the entire thing just looks rushed... because it was.

Pos: THANK YOU Sui for posting that amazing epicness in there in a way only you could. Where I failed, you came through. You're awesome.

Last edited by Tenshigami on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 5:49 pm

Tenshi I love my birthday thread don't worry XD I'm still grinning like crazy :') Thank you so much! Gonna reply to stuff tomorrow after work!
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Prinny wrote:
Just FYI, I tried the same thing with GameStop a number of years ago. First one died after a few weeks. Second one started overheating after a few days, and at that point I said "screw it" and just bought a slim. Really wanted that backwards compatibility though.

Almost a year ago I took a chance on a used phat for $150 and found myself very content with my purchase. Amazon is awesome.

--------------
Tenshigami wrote:
Neg: was pressed for time with Moonie's B-day thread this morning and I now realize I should have just thrown out the AoT image and stuck with a full Sailor Moon post even if the Sailor Moon idea was last minute as I wrote the post. Also the entire thing just looks rushed... because it was.

Yeah about yer post....

Wink

Tenshigami wrote:
Pos: THANK YOU Sui for posting that amazing epicness in there in a way only you could. Where I failed, you came through. You're awesome.
Personally I thought you made a great thread. Especially dat title! Razz
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Neg:

I expected life to become less scary the older you get, but now I realize fears actually become more realistic when you mature.

Why do I keep running into situations that scare the hell out of me?!

I want to run away and hide so bad right now.

as;dhga;sldhg;la

I don't even know anymore.

I just want to feel like myself again, so I can cope with this stuff. It's just too much, too quickly thank you very much.

I would type more vague statements, but my eloquence has left me.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Tenshigami wrote:

Yeah, I have a slim already. I really wanted to play my PS2 games in HD. I don't know if I want to try buying one online from Ebay or Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Does the PS3 upscale them or what? You could just run it in Progressive Scan if you got a PS3 component cable.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 10:40 pm

I doubt playing PS2 games on a PS3 automatically makes them HD. In fact, I'd wager they'd look worse on a PS3 than a PS2.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaMThu Jun 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Does the PS3 upscale them or what? You could just run it in Progressive Scan if you got a PS3 component cable.
What short time I had with a backwards compatible PS3 I can say that yes, it upscaled them, though I only tried a PS2 game for like maybe 15 minutes. From what I saw, it looked like it applied a filter to 2D stuff that made it look a bit too smooth (like say a HQ3x filter) but it made 3D stuff look pretty nice.

If you have a really good PC (which I don't) you're probably better off just emulating some PS2 games though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 36 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next