HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Presea's Mind

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Infernookami

PostSubject: Presea's Mind   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:25 pm

So, I know Presea's exsphere halted her growth and suppressed her emotions and all that but what about her mind after she gets her key crest. Does she have the mentality of a 12 year old, or does her mind catch up with her actual age, or something in between?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Presea's Mind   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:15 am

I dont think this is very obvious in the game, it can go either way. The fact is that Presea was tasked to take care of the family even at the age of 12, so her mental age might have already been close to a 18-20 year-old adult than a typical 12 year old kid before she had the exsphere on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man

PostSubject: Re: Presea's Mind   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:50 am

I think her mentality is somewhere in between that of a 12 year old and her actual age. There is a skit with Genis where she tucks his shirt in and says that he is still a kid it seems. She also seems to have some memory of what transpired while she had the exsphere minus the key crest.

View user profile
SuzutheNinja

PostSubject: Re: Presea's Mind   Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:23 am

I agree with the above, Presea seems to have the mentality of someone older than 12...my opinion is just based on her tone of voice, she doesn't seem to have the same tone a 12 yr old would (like Genis)

c:

PostSubject: Re: Presea's Mind   Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:43 am

I think the game isn't sure itself. Seeing as at the Colosseum, when Raine bribes the girl at the counter Presea says something like "so that's what money is used for" like she didn't know about the use of currency.

But if you take her to do Genis' Honor Roll quest, she gets a 240, which is higher than Lloyd, Sheena and Colette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Presea's Mind   Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:38 pm

I think the game just uses the murkiness of her renewed awareness to do whatever it wants with her; if she drains the joy out of everything, she does, if she needs to be the bursting 12 year old girl, so it goes. Is she naturally withdrawn, tense, and perceptive, or are those just first modes of operation she re-learns?

Even better when you detach her social awareness from her age. Her failing to catch on to Genis' comment about her being pretty, or not understanding bribery are social skills things; a functioning twenty year old would make the same faux pas if they had not been trained to recognize them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presea's Mind   

Back to top Go down

Presea's Mind
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: Tales Series Discussion :: Tales of Symphonia-
Jump to: