Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Yggdrasill

Lord Yggdrasill

Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill Empty
PostSubject: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaMTue Aug 12, 2014 8:40 am

How's everyone doing? Its nice to see a tales forum after the official one went down, although I was wondering if it's possible retrieve a database backup/dump so we fans can run it rather than namco maintain it. Still, it looks like a nice place to hang out, I look forward to enjoying my experience here.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaMTue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am

Almost no backups exist of the previous forums.

Most of us have moved to here, some of us have migrated to tumblr, there's a couple of us hanging out on the official Bandai Namco forums and a larger group on Facebook.

Welcome to our humble abode!

I hope you will enjoy your stay =)
Back to top Go down
Lord Yggdrasill

Lord Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaMTue Aug 12, 2014 9:05 am

I see, thats kinda bad, but I recall the old tales official forum used to go down for a week or two, and they ended up restoring it with a database 1 year older(I think it was in spring 2013). If they could do that now, even if no post from between 2012-2013, its still a plus than to start over. Just my thought, perhaps some people are actually happier to start over. Anyway is it possible to bring back the members from facebook and tumblr?

And thanks, its nice to be able to get a feel of the old tales official forum, I've missed it since it was gone.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaMTue Aug 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Lord Yggdrasill wrote:
Anyway is it possible to bring back the members from facebook and tumblr?
It would be great if you were willing to help us with this matter =)
Back to top Go down
Lord Yggdrasill

Lord Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaMTue Aug 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Umm I aint good at recruiting members. I am good at PHP and hosting, but guess its not desperately needed at this moment. Sorry about that, I was just wondering if theres a way to retrieve old database backup I can help you restore all the users/threads/posts. But maybe its too late.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaMWed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 am

The thing is, we don't have the backups or old databases.

The people who could have those are the Bandai Namco officials, but they're being rather vague about it and won't give us any definite answers.
Back to top Go down
Lord Yggdrasill

Lord Yggdrasill

PostSubject: Re: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaMWed Aug 13, 2014 7:42 am

I see, how about old admins like Lunar Eclipse? I dont mind starting over, but it could be better if something else can be done.

In terms of bringing back members from facebook and tumblr, I dont have very good ideas. But I did check that the domain talesnamco.com is available for $10 per year. Maybe this can help promote the forum better than a subdomain on forumotion.net? I am not expert on that, just thought it might work at least a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill   Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Hi there, this is Lord Yggdrasill
Page 1 of 1