HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New 3DS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Will probably get this even though I recently replaced my XL Rolling Eyes

Looks nice enough.

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Oh Nintendo, you just never let up when you do crap like this. Smart marketing move, but slightly shady. Also, why are they pushing the GC controller/controller scheme on us?

Dammit, I looked forward to the new control scheme Smash 3DS would have brought to it's community, but I just can't help but look at the GC controller as a crutch for competitive play.

Last edited by Celestial Phoenix on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:40 pm

The New 3DS exclusive games will probably make people upset >__>

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:41 pm

That too. Nintendo has done this before, Moon, so while I'm annoyed, they have done this since the N64 days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm

True. Oh well, people will probably buy it :')

You > Evil

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:01 pm

I wanted to upgrade my 3ds since the circle pad plastic was torn, and the R button having issues. Guess I'll have to wait a year to do it Sad

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm

If this thing has a better hinge and the circle pad doesn't touch the upper half, I'll be happy with the physical design. I don't like that they're releasing XL versions of the New 3DS, it makes my choice much harder (I'll still probably get a normal one because I don't like screen stretching...But then again that'll happen with all classic 3DS games anyway. UGH)

I don't like how they've made a change to microSD cards as I got a 64GB card for a pretty penny and now it's worthless.

I'm grateful that there's finally a second stick (as there always should have been) and that the system will be more powerful (Unlimited World Red on 3DS vs. Vita is pathetic) and the larger screen is great, but goddamn I don't want to pay another $200 for something that doesn't feel like a new generation handheld, one that will invalidate my ~$100 SD card and probably only offer 4GB of useless on-board storage.

It's also kind of pathetic that they're gonna be able to port Xenoblade to it. That says a lot more about the Wii than it does the New 3DS though.

I still think that Sony had a better idea with PS TV.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Txn
You > Evil

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 pm

One thing I'm wondering. Will they use the "New 3DS" name over here?

"I want a new 3ds"
"Here's a 3ds"
"No, I meant the new new 3ds"
"Sorry, we only have used new 3ds"

Sounds a bit impractical.

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:02 pm

N64 Expansion Pack and Sega CD ringing pretty hard in the ears right now. Consoles are not PCs, Nintendo, you don't get to retool them on a whim. Well you do, but the principle of the thing (and the consumer confidence thing- which would probably be alleviated tomorrow if you made Pokemon ORAS exclusive to the new model. Okay I'm alone here.) I still don't have one, so this is all open for me, but if that mini-stick isn't retroactively applied to previous games as a matter of OS, I have a feeling its not going to be a big deal to the collective library.

Not a fan of MicroSD either. Strikes me as a stopgap technology like the UMD (speaking off) even if it isn't.

Taiyz wrote:
It's also kind of pathetic that they're gonna be able to port Xenoblade to it. That says a lot more about the Wii than it does the New 3DS though.

Frame Rate drops, calling it now; Donkey Kong Country had it and it had far less going on *half-facetious*. Had the PSP had a mite more storage space this would not be so big deal, but for the entirely opposite reason. On the other hand, what better way to cut the ribbon when the processor is the only thing the 3DS doesn't beat the Wii (if even the Gamecube, last I remember) on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Just got a 3DS this year. Nice way to make me lose all remaining faith I had in Nintendo. Why would I buy this when it'll be replaced in 2-3 years?

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:17 am

I hope we get the Super Famicom buttons on the US version, but we probably won't. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01/heres-new-nintendo-3ds-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-compare/ New 3DS XL has same screen size as the current 3DS XL.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Will probably get that one.

Quilvius

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Wow nintendo, how about you never do that again?

I mean, I like you and all, and I understand that you want to keep improving your products and services by updating them and new exlcusive games for an entirely new product I would understand, but for a hardware upgrade?

What a dick move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

I heard the new XL version will not have faceplates. I hope that ends up not being true. I would really like a 3DS XL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Awww no faceplates would suck. Hopefully it's not true.

Quilvius

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:07 pm

This is honestly the first time I hear about face plates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:47 pm

The face plates are pretty dope. I wouldn't be surprised if the XL couldn't use 'em, and it'd make my choice a lot simpler. I'm already thinking of getting the regular New 3DS because the New 3DS XL is the same as the old 3DS XL. Also because I carry my 3DS in my pocket sometimes.

Slivendiferious wrote:
Wow nintendo, how about you never do that again?

I mean, I like you and all, and I understand that you want to keep improving your products and services by updating them and new exlcusive games for an entirely new product I would understand, but for a hardware upgrade?

What a dick move.
The way I look at it is that, well, journalists wanted Nintendo to move into the mobile gaming gaming space. This dialogue instantly reminded me of iPhones.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shy Link

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:46 pm

I don't remember this many people complaining about the DSi and its slim selection of forgettable exclusive games, though I guess that came out later in the DS's lifespan relative to where the 3DS is now.

The fact that the only exclusive game announced so far is a port tells me there's very little reason to worry about big name new titles being released exclusively for the New 3DS. At most I expect (and kind of hope for) new games to be playable on both but look a bit prettier when played on the new handheld, like a PC game being played on slightly higher settings.

I mean honestly, even the press release was pretty much just "The more powerful CPU will be used for faster browsing/downloads and enhanced 3D features. Oh yeah, and here's a port of a 4 year old Wii game." Just like with the DSi, it seems the increased power is meant mostly for new/improved features rather than new games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:13 pm

I don't recall them saying that the old model would still be sold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Nobody cared about the DSi though, it came out at the end of the console's lifespan and DSiWare was mediocre. Its couple exclusives were because of the camera, not because the games were more demanding or better looking.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shy Link

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 am

That's just the thing, I don't see anything suggesting the New 3DS will be getting a bunch of worthwhile exclusives, either. As good as Xenoblade may be, a port is a port. And just look at the way the system was announced: the fact that it's a bit more powerful was just a small sub point after listing all the other changes (the one's they're actually listing as selling points). The fact that this small boost in power could be used to make exclusive games was a sub point of a sub point. To me, it's all just very similar to when they first announced the DSi and its modest increase in power.

I mean, this is earlier in the 3DS's lifespan relative to the DS's, so I can see them eventually making a bunch of exclusive New 3DS games if the system ends up being a huge success and most of the current 3DS install base upgrades... But I honestly don't see that as being their plan for a while. They're putting so very, very little focus on the power increase, and mainly listing it as being used for system/online functions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 am

Its hard to know their plan when they just revealed the thing. We have no idea if this is replacing the current 3DS. It makes no sense to call a system the "New 3DS," and then keep selling the original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shy Link

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:30 am

That's why I'm hoping they'll announce it with a different name in the west, honestly... Calling something "NEW ______" doesn't have the same implications to a Japanese audience that it does to an English speaking one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:47 am

You can't say anything about Nintendo's focus on the upgraded hardware determining the number of exclusives. That's really up to developers and publishers.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 3DS   

Back to top Go down

New 3DS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: