Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)

Go down 
+15
Dr. Casey
Suikoden
Abicion
fateoffate
Txn
Naoshi
Taiyz
Seraph
Slivendiferious
Arn
DylDawg
King Cat the Sixth
Drake
Tenshigami
Falcom
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Nov 25, 2014 2:06 am

Well no, I agree. I was fine with reading it, because as you said it is amusing (and pretty typical Japanese eroticism, I wouldn't say it's poor, just very stock) but I would not want to look up the infamous doujinshi based on Chapter 16.5. Likewise, I don't particularly care for the posters and dakimura showing Asuna and Lisbeth in various states of undress (there's even an open-shirt Kirito dakimakura I stumbled across the other day, hahaha.)

I'm pretty sure Ethics Code: Off is not mentioned in the anime, if it is, maybe once. According to the Wikia the web novel version stated that they did it, but the light novel version doesn't bring it up (and the anime is obviously based on the light novel.)
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 am

In the light novel, it doesn't explicitly said that they had sex that night. But I'm sure Asuna stripped down to her underwears, shocking Kirito, and discussion about ethics code ensued because Kirito asked "can you actually 'do it' in SAO", implying that they are gonna do it. I actually liked that scene in the novel because Kirito not knowing the ethic code off function shows that he had been a loner all this time with no thoughts except killing mobs, kinda proving his determination and dedication to finish the game (which consequently resulted in him getting Dual Wield skill) when everyone else is having fun and sex. Probably butchered in anime though.

In anime, I remembered they showing Asuna under the blanket, implying her wearing nothing, with Kirito at the bedside, already fully clothed. Damned Kirito looking so mature when he was also a virgin a few moments ago.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Nov 25, 2014 10:07 am

Eh, not having read the novel, I assumed that Asuna was still wearing her bra and panties underneath the covers (I assumed that the game wouldn't actually allow her to strip further. She was still covering up because she was embarrassed earlier about being seen in her undergarments.) Kirito just sitting on the bed like that...Well that's his thing, I totally believe what he said and that he just wanted to stay in the same room as her that night; even when they lived together he slept in those clothes. I forget what Asuna wore in bed at their house, but I think she had pajamas or a nightie.

In fact, one of the things that amuses me to no end, is the fansub of that scene when Kirito pokes Asuna. I'm not sure if the translation was wrong, but he says "Sorry, did I wake you?" and it's like no shit stupid you just prodded her cheek. The dub changes it so he sweetly say "what're you smiling about?" as she wakes up.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Kirito was just as clueless as the scene in the anime leads one to believe.

What I was talking about with regard to the Wikia, apparently the web novel states that they did "everything that the system permitted" which were two lines that lead to the creation of 16.5. As I mentioned, that was changed when the light novel came out, but from what you're telling me it sounds like Ethics Code: Off was still a prominent discussion in that scene in the light novel.

I like your outlook though, I would find it pretty funny if everybody's boning behind Kirito's back. At the very least Asuna confirms in 16.5 that all she did was, uh, raid her own dungeon a couple times, and that does a good job of keeping their relationship pretty innocent and pure like you said last page.

Edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/25/philia-returns-spriggan-sword-art-online-lost-song/ this is kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 am

All those Miyazaki movies I've been watching made me want to watch anime again, so I'm watching Amagi Brilliant Park. Its pretty funny. Its only up to episode 8 but it seems to get better in each episode. The mascot characters really make the show, but especially in episode 8. The show doesn't rely on them exclusively, but they do help out a lot. There are a lot of supporting characters in this show.

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 ZxevGGJl

As for the protagonists, I'm not sure what to think of Kanie. His reaction to certain situations seem kinda erratic, but I'm not sure if that's the point of him or what. Isuzu seems like a more emotional version of Tear (with the whole military background and all), but with a lot more fanservice. The way she shoots people so indiscriminately is pretty funny, though.

Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Nov 27, 2014 5:37 am

Build Fighters Try 8: Come on Try Fighters, no one dies in a gunpla match so stop overreacting.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Nov 27, 2014 10:26 am

"Old Man Ral said, Gunpla is only a game. That's exactly why people take it seriously."

That aside, this season has a serious lack of a Yuuki Tatsuya/charismatically hot rival with flamenco theme to make me really look forward to new episode. I mean, I'm enjoying it thus far, but the story somehow lacks a visible goal and is mostly just Gunpla of the Week/Jigen Haoh school Ougi of the Week, not that there's anything wrong with the latter.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Nov 27, 2014 7:29 pm

That's exactly how I feel with Try. I mean I love Build Burning a lot. But the lack of a main rival that serves as a somewhat motivation is hurting it. That's what I love about the first season. And the Flamenco theme too.

Also I feel like the supporting cast aside from nee-san and Gyanko are lackluster compared to Fellini, Mao, and even Nils.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSun Nov 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 Tumblr_nftwvt9y7I1rw3w54o1_500

Stop stealing the spotlight Kirito geez.

Next week....... here it comes.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSun Nov 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Welcome back to GGO it's time to deflect some bullets, who's Asuna again?

Also I suggested SAO to a co-worker (another gamer, watches some anime like Naruto) a couple weeks ago and he ended up marathoning the first season also and just started the second. I gotta say, it's really nice to watch big-name anime series' without a toxic fanbase surrounding it (Attack on Titan 2 will probably be great since the whiners won't watch it.)

I also finally started watching Durarara!! which is fantastic, even just a couple episodes in, it's already feeling like Baccano! which is a good thing. I love how the author always has like 15-20 major characters constantly crossing paths where most fiction will have like 3-6 main characters and a bunch of rarely-significant supporting cast members.

Honestly part of me is tempted to just watch all the anime series' that took part in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSun Nov 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Kirito even says that it was much easier to deflect magic projectiles as well, what a showoff lol

Speaking of Durarara!! I think there was a 2nd season coming out soon.

Taiyz wrote:
Honestly part of me is tempted to just watch all the anime series' that took part in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.

Iie senpai.

But seriously that's a lot of series. If you do end up liking Oreimo then..... eh. I think the only one I have not seen was Ro-Kyu-Bu! and I have not heard of Virtua Fighter /shot

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMMon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 am

Well for the main fighters I haven't seen Oreimo, Accel World, The Irregular at Magic High School, Black Bullet, Valkyria Chronicles (though I own the game on PC now,) Shana season 3, Durarara!! is in progress, Toradora! I actally never finished (it was pretty much in the middle of Toradora! when I stopped watching 90% of everything every season and put anime on hiatus for a while) but plan on buying NISA's dub set, and then Ro-Kyu-Bu! and Strike the Blood.

Obviously I planned to play VC, watch Durarara!! and finish Toradora, the others I had no plans of seeing. I may as well watch VC's anime, though I haven't heard good things.

With the assist characters, I haven't seen Boogiepop Phantom (though I actually just ordered the TV series and movie before bringing this up,) Dokuro-chan (but I always planned to buy and see it,) Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Spice and Wolf Season 2, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou and The Devil is a Part-Timer! (this is going to be in my next RightStuf order though,)

Edit: Missed Golden Time.

Considering that a lot of these are 12-13 episoders, it's really not a lot.

It looks like Virtua Fighter got a TV series way back when, but...Virtua Fighter is Sega's flagship fighting game, really, the original 3D fighter that all 3D fighters look up to The series has kind of stagnated with the latest version (there have been updates but Virtual Fighter 5 has been the primary game since 2006, and the last new characters as 2008; the last update was in 2012.) VF is known for being an extremely technical game, possibly the most skill-based fighting game series.

Considering that it's not a Dengeki series and I really don't have an interest in VF besides trivia, I don't really feel a need to watch it. Shana's the only one I'm hesitant about because I can't remember if I finished Season 2...Pretty sure I watched the first two seasons and the movie. I've been meaning to buy Spicy Wolf anyway so watching both seasons back to back is no problemo. I was even planning on watching Kino's Journey and Allison and Lillia back to back as well.

By the way if you haven't watched Allison and Lillia you are missing out. That, Kino's Journey, along with SAO, and Natsume Yuujinchou are my top 4 anime.

Fifth place might be Haganai's dub or hell maybe even One Piece's dub because Robin is mai anime waifu (and I've got one hell of a good feeling about The Devil is a Part-Timer's dub, check out some clips on FUNi's YouTube channel,) but I also need to give an honourable mention to anything by Ryougo Narita. I also recommended Baccano! and Durarara!! to that co-worker after they got back to me about SAO.

Falcom wrote:
Kirito even says that it was much easier to deflect magic projectiles as well, what a showoff lol
Did you see that fish? It looks like he can cook now, too. I can't wait until Alicization is done so we can have virtual Yakitate!! Japan where Kirito dual-wields frying pans and uses his amazing reflexes to toss food between the two pans for maximum grillage on both sides.

Last edited by Taiyz on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMMon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 pm

That's a lot of series to watch, like, a LOT. With lots of tropes to conquer as well :V
I mean, if you ever do get to watching some of them, have fun with Oreimo...! And i forgot that I never finished Shana either, I think I stopped sometime in S2, I think 2-3 episodes? It was, eh.
AND HOW HAVE YOU NOT PLAYED VC!?!?!? Though I just played it for the first time like 7 months ago so I'm not one to talk.... But man that's a lot of anime to marathon, Spice and Wolf 2 and Sakurasou notably are ones that should be enjoyable.

> 12-13 episodes is not a lot
I would totally agree with you...! ..... if it was me 2 years ago. Though with this semester ending in 2 weeks I can finally clear some backlog and watch anime series because I have no job.

I put Kino's Journey on my PTW list
Spoiler:
I left off Natsume Yuujinchou somewhere in S1... I didn't hate it though it felt a bit slow. I heard amazing things from it though, especially with the later seasons. Although Kino does seem interesting!

Taiyz wrote:
I can't wait until Alicization is done so we can have virtual Yakitate!! Japan where Kirito dual-wields frying pans and uses his amazing reflexes to toss food between the two pans for maximum grillage on both sides.

Is this real life?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Dec 02, 2014 2:34 am

I don't have a PS3 so I couldn't even play it until the PC version came out...And I really need to clean out my hard drive so I can't even install it right now.

Also I don't know how people ever think that Kino's a dude.

Seriously though. Allison and Lillia. I don't think I've ever met someone else who's seen it, and it's a masterpiece. If you love the feeling of ADVENTURE, watch it.

Edit: Durarara!! is not helping with my desire to watch Dengeki stuff. The otaku duo keep referencing shit, and I'm actually getting all these references.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Dec 04, 2014 12:42 pm

try fighters 9

gattai. gattai everywhere. gattai everything. this is priceless. it's only a matter of time until chou ginga build burning gundam appears.

meijin kawaguchi of the flamenco steals all the good lines this episode, i'm not even mad.

also dammit fighters. you guys aren't even in the cockpit, why the hell are you sounding like you're wounded? wait what, you're really wounded? how in the hell?

g. u. n. p. l. a. is gonna be my favorite and most hated song this season.

guncolle....Neutral
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Dec 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Seriously though. Allison and Lillia. I don't think I've ever met someone else who's seen it, and it's a masterpiece. If you love the feeling of ADVENTURE, watch it.
I've seen it! And I second the rec, it's awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Dec 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Hyper Mode Build Burning appears!

Sei gundams > Mao's school's gundams.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Dec 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Man, GBFTry is so much fun xD
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMThu Dec 04, 2014 11:40 pm

I finished Durarara!!. First half was a masterpiece (1-12) but the second half had some serious problems with being too abstract and preachy, and not delivering on a major plot point (Izaya
Spoiler:
.) I realize the novels go on much longer so that's probably why, but it seems like a huge aspect of the plot and the entire reason for those events to take place in the first place. It really doesn't help that I don't care much for Masaomi or Anri, when I like pretty much every other character in Baccano! and Durarara!! (Well I also don't really like Izaya because I hate characters whose gimmick is just knowing everything before everyone else and being smug and untouchable, but the way he manipulates people is at least interesting.) The second OP also bothers me because I don't think Shizuo's brother shows up once in the second half, and the traffic cop is nigh inconsequential, he's just a running gag. I felt that the first OP captured Baccano! experience of the ensemble cast perfectly, but the second was not good, the second OP also just didn't have that scene-to-scene flow that the Baccano! and Duararara!! OPs had.

Also hot damn, Shinra and Celty are an adorable anime couple, their scenes are some of my favourites. Chalk that up alongside Kirito and Asuna and any of the relationships in Allison and Lillia for actually feeling serious. That scene with Walker and Erika dancing was also pretty cute, but I don't really get the impression that they're dating.

Shizuo is pretty rad. I like how he describes that scene where he tripped in the rain. I like Kadota's entire group as well, both for the nerdiness and for just having good camaraderie and being badass, including the illegal immigrants Kazutano and the boy whose name I forget. I mean you can't not like them after they start singing when they successfully interrogated that one abductor. Some of the other supporting Dollars members are cool, like the harmonica player.

Yume Hanabi wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Aren't you also one of the few people here who's seen Natsume Yuujinchou as well?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSat Dec 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Hooooly shit dat Log Horizon. Today's episode was like it was reading my mind about my own life in a lot of ways, and now I have a lot of deep respect for someone who to me (and really, to the plot) was nothing more than a side character until now.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSat Dec 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Yume Hanabi wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Aren't you also one of the few people here who's seen Natsume Yuujinchou as well?
Yep! It's my favorite anime of all times =) now when is season 5
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSat Dec 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Not sure where else to post it and I didn't want to make a new topic but man,

I finally finished Gundam Build Fighters and it is one of my favorite series of all time now.

Sei and Reiji would be suicidal maniacs in any other installment of the series, but wow, that ending.
My God that ending.

And all those references.

I don't even.

And then there's this

Reiji deserves his own series.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSun Dec 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Heck yeah. Build Fighters is too awesome. Try hasn't reach that level of greatness yet but its really good too.

I love the dynamic between Meijin Yuuki and Sei and Reiji.

Also as you can see Sengoku Astray is my fav gundam in it.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMSun Dec 07, 2014 4:13 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Heck yeah. Build Fighters is too awesome. Try hasn't reach that level of greatness yet but its really good too.
To be honest I love the main trio dynamic of Try.

I am expecting great things for this season.

Also, Gundam Fenice Rinascita for me.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Dec 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Akame Ga Kill: The slaughterhouse continues Surprised
SoA: I knew that the girl was sick!
Log Horizon: Filler episode? That has to be the longest speech ever.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Dec 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Build Fighters Try 10:

Swimsuit episode, but never mind that. NEE-SAN CAN USE JIGEN HAOH SCHOOL TECHS TOO. OMFG MOST HYPED MOMENT THIS EPISODE FOR ME.

Domon must be pretty happy with his students.

Alsomy man Nils is back! New Sengoku Astray that i will immediately order pls. That ring...He tied the knot with Caroline?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)   Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread) - Page 7 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Fall 2014 Anime Season (Taiyz's SAO hijack thread)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next