Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LGameTales

LGameTales

LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations Empty
PostSubject: LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations   LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations 07v2DaMTue Sep 09, 2014 5:40 am

I'm an arte enthusiast. This despicably excludes the spells, but I've been actively collecting artes and their translations for many many years—popular artes, enemy artes, and unused artes alike. This collection went to amassing a Word document containing nearly all physical artes in the Tales universe. Whether anybody else benefits from this list is beyond me, but I figure I may as well share it considering how much of my free time it has consumed. It's updated to the English release of Tales of Xillia 2 Tales of Hearts R, and I will continue updating it with every new game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ce7mcdldf8q8kx0/Arte+Index.doc

The project had originally began as a venture to give all artes their own translations, though that plan lost heat right before the release of the original Xillia 2 (but gathered a lot of translations).

Last edited by LGameTales on Tue May 19, 2015 3:18 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations   LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations 07v2DaMTue Sep 09, 2014 10:19 am

I nabbed it for future reference.

Me personally I hope they change the name for "Lightning Tiger Blade" at some point. I'm always so confused as to why they continue to use that name even as the attack becomes less and less associated with Tiger Blade.
Back to top Go down
LGameTales

LGameTales

PostSubject: Re: LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations   LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations 07v2DaMTue Sep 09, 2014 1:14 pm

I agree. I wouldn't have a problem with them coming up with a new name, but it seems suspiciously set in stone. Perhaps the name has been a classic for too long? That's honestly what I think. Everybody knows "Lightning Tiger Blade", or "LTC".

One of my pet peeves are the Greek letters! They need to stop. Like Sword Rain: Alpha and Beta, Omega and Psi Tempest, or—speaking of Lightning Tiger Blade—Tiger Blade Sigma. I would like an overhaul on those arte names, specifically. (I'd be fine with "omega" were it referring to a "finality" aspect of an attack, but it doesn't look like it's doing so with Sword Rain: Omega or Omega Tempest.) I'm with the idea of renaming all Sword Rain artes to season- or weather-themed attacks, where necessary.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations   LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations 07v2DaMTue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 pm

I could kinda agree with that, especially since the attack is now being associated with more than just Swords. I could never think of ways to keep the weather names consistent though. I wouldn't mind it being renamed to something more general like Blade Rain though.
Back to top Go down
LGameTales

LGameTales

PostSubject: Re: LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations   LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations 07v2DaMFri Mar 13, 2015 9:59 pm

I recently completed the Tales of Hearts R version (complete with protagonist and antagonist artes in English and Japanese) for the document. It's been updated into the top post.

Tales of Zestiria's artes are indeed my next goal, but I'm thinking of adding them once the actual English version of the game comes out (to take down two birds with one stone).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations   LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

LGameTales's Mass Index of Tales Artes and Translations
Page 1 of 1