Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyrule Warriors

Go down 
+4
Bo Staff Katana
Prinny
DylDawg
Taiyz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 5:11 am

I realize it won't have online, but who's excited? Visually it looks great, with amusing use of items from the series, and Lana seems like a nifty addition.

I was just watching some trailers and realized that Link's being voiced by Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager) in the game.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 7:19 am

Just to say: Another classic role taken by Yuki Kaji. First Adol, now Link.

I am not amused tbh.

To stay in-topic: I don't have a Wii U so I won't buy it, but im friggin impressed on how the Warriors series has improved so much in gameplay and fun factor. Dynasty Warriors 8XL (which I played and had tons of fun with), Samurai Warriors 4, and this look fun and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 am

I haven't bought any of these games, but I'm kinda interested in this one because its Zelda themed.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 2:28 pm

I have Hyrule Warriors pre-ordered and am just waiting for it to come out. I am glad it is coming out next Friday (in the States at least) but I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of Xillia 2. I made a deal with myself that if I get Hyrule Warriors, then I pass on Smash 3DS. While I will want to play Smash as soon as possible, I know that once the WiiU version comes out, I would never touch the 3DS version, so it makes sense for me to wait for the WiiU version.

Anyway, I never owned any of the Dynasty Warriors games, but I played a little bit with my friend who owned a few of them. I feel like a terrible person for jumping on the "Warriors" series bandwagon at this point, but Hyrule Warriors just looks stunning. However, the lack of traditional online play is crap. I want to be able to play co-op with my friend in Germany. Maybe my wife will like the game and want to play too.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 7:02 pm

Well, personally I don't think the Dynasty Warriors games were very appealing until recently. And even then, games as recent as Strike Force still aren't very fun IMO. The crossover games are the most appealing...

That said, the current-gen Warriors games are looking really sexy and I might grab one, but I've really just got my fingers crossed for Dragon Quest Heroes.

Is online play actually a standard for them? I thought that was only for Strike Force because it was basically a hunting game.

DylDawg wrote:
Just to say: Another classic role taken by Yuki Kaji. First Adol, now Link.

I am not amused tbh.
What are you talking about? Link's voice actors are pretty inconsistent honestly.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Sep 17, 2014 8:18 pm

I meant Yuki Kaji taking these classic roles.

I'm not a fan of him or his voice. His Johnny Joestar is the one exception.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMThu Sep 18, 2014 11:29 am

Taiyz wrote:
Is online play actually a standard for them? I thought that was only for Strike Force because it was basically a hunting game.

I have no clue. I just remember reading earlier this year that there would be online play, so I suppose I assumed it meant online co-op. I'm not that upset about it, since I was going to get the game anyway.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMThu Sep 18, 2014 2:27 pm

The only game I ever played through was Link to the Past. But... I am looking forward to this. It'll be good prep for Ultradimention Neptunia Action U.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMFri Sep 19, 2014 5:26 am

Anyone that is skilled at yelling and groaning can voice Link.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 7:44 pm

The game is out now! I have only played a little bit, but I am impressed by what I have played.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 7:46 pm

It's been out for a week or so over here xD

It's fantastic. Almost exactly what I was hoping it would be like.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Remember to register your game on Club Nintendo for the Ganon skins, guys.

DylDawg wrote:
I meant Yuki Kaji taking these classic roles.

I'm not a fan of him or his voice. His Johnny Joestar is the one exception.
He was one of my favourite things about Attack on Titan in Japanese...Dude's got some serious chops.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMSat Sep 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Is there a certain mode you need to play in order to use costumes?

Edit: Nevermind. I can't read well. If you have alternate costumes, just press the x button to switch between them when selecting a warrior before a stage.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Hmmm. What if there were DLC of Midna in her human form. Makes you wonder how she'll play.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 3:49 am

So this game's pretty fun. Online co-op would really sell it though.The DW demos I played in the past never really gave good examples of game flow, it was ALWAYS go here, kill boss, repeat. I wonder if the demos just sucked or if they recently started giving a smidgeon of variety to their objectives (although it still boils down to killing dudes in highlighted areas, it's more clear and clarified how keeps and stuff work.)

New Shiek looks amazing, kinda disappointed that her design wasn't used for Smash. Also this game really feels naked without voice acting during missions, the random foley is goofy and out of place sometimes, and Proxi is more annoying than endearing as expected (also, really Japan, Proxi the fairy acting as a proxy because Link is literally refusing to speak? It's not even a self-insert thing anymore, this game makes Link seem mentally disabled.)

I think KT struck gold here and may have created more of a fanbase for their cash cow with that Zelda sales boost. You could also view this as an apology for Other M, "it's not us, t's Sakamoto who fucked it up!"

Now we just need the Fatal Frame guys to make a new Pokemon Snap, or a more horrifying Luigi's Mansion...

Anyway, I'm excited to play One Piece: Pirate Warriors once I get a PS3, and the sequel actually has online co-op! (And 3 will be on PS4!)

I still don't think I'm gonna try the DW Gundam games, at least not previous-gen ones.
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Taiyz wrote:
New Shiek looks amazing, kinda disappointed that her design wasn't used for Smash.

Agreed. I also really dig Ruto and Impa's redesigns as well. Honestly, this Impa is probably my favorite in the whole series in both her design and personality. Lana's design is really great too; she really looks like a believable character in the zelda universe.

Taiyz wrote:
Also this game really feels naked without voice acting during missions, the random foley is goofy and out of place sometimes, and Proxi is more annoying than endearing as expected

I can see how a lot of people would feel that way and all, but as a longtime DW fan I didn't find it out of place at all. And as for the cutscenes with the typical zelda voice acting (grunting, giggling, etc.), it was honestly a little weird but excusable as that's how they've done it for a while with zelda games.

I'm getting pretty deep into Adventure Mode now, and certain types of missions are getting pretty dang annoying (like trying to kill 700 enemies as Ruto with 3 stupid Manhandlas chasing you and KOing you in a matter of seconds, UGH) but I'm still enjoying it very much. I do have some gripes about the lag in the game, though. I don't know what I expected, I guess, but I could ignore the few bits of slowdown i encountered playing by myself. However, I played through a great portion of Legend mode with my brother playing with me, and the game seriously runs at half pace for almost the entire duration of some battles, which gets pretty annoying after a while. I'm kind of glad that multiplayer is only an option in Legend/Free mode and not Adventure mode, lol.

But it really is a good game. After growing up with Dynasty Warriors games and getting sick of them (around the time DW5 and Warriors Orochi came out), I was reallllly on the fence about getting this game because I thought the zelda theme wouldn't be enough to sell me on the monotonous DW gameplay I had grown tired of. But I have to say, the gameplay is really tight and fair and very much improved from how it used to be, and I do enjoy it a lot. It's certainly held my attention far better than Smash has so far. And I agree, online co-op would be awesome, but I could see how it wouldn't be possible.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 am

Yeah, although the game seems to favour Ocarina of Time (IMO,) I think they did a great job with Impa, Sheik and Lana especially. In general they treated the franchise with respect, although that's not always a good thing (Proxi.)

I just feel that with the narration before and after missions, and with how awkward the foley is, there should be voice-acting. And I thought DW games all had that? In fact most people don't like the fact that American-accented people were voicing Chinese and Japanese historical figures (I guess they wanted everybody to sound like Wonder White from The Wonderful 101.)

I think the mainline Zelda games can get away with it due to their presentation, but as these games start to look better and the characters appear more realistic during cutscenes, it's getting really bothersome to just hear the warbling of a text prompt scrolling.

So you find that the mechanics of Hyrule Warriors ARE improved from the older titles? In what ways? I'm also surprised you stuck with it for that many concurrent games in the first place. I had Mystic Heroes and that was kind of enough DW-style gameplay for a generation (it was a pure beat-'em-up mind you.)

And yeah the lag doesn't surprise me, I'm hoping that will change for PS4 iterations. Normally in co-op, texture quality and stuff can be reduced to compensate, but I don't think KT does that.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMWed Oct 15, 2014 8:39 am

This may be off topic Taiyz but the girl in the middle of your signature pic. The one with the lilac hair, is she from Senran Kagura? Who is she? Never mind, It's Yumi.

On topic, Man, this game is so addicting. Lana is good, except when she uses her Gate weapons. Kinda feel awkward, plus, her Rank 3 gate weapon has you requiring her to use the gate weapon. Same goes for the Fairy weapon for Link. Plus, the level grinding to 100 is a tough climb. But it's worth it to mow down enemies as fast as you can for those A ranks in adventure mode. Agatha is really awkward to fight as. Not as much as Zant. But I guess I'll have to divert Rupee funds to train her to level 85. Holding off on Link till everyone reaches level 85. Trying to get Zant's rank 3 weapon. This calls for some heavy grinding. Also, need Argorok's embers for Lana's silver defense badges.

Finally, who's excited about the DLC tomorrow?  But I'm not sure if it will set the Unlock 25,000 kills skills back by 3 weapons. Plus, This entire game is absolutely genius. Seriously. During the first chapter of the Ganondorf saga , I teamed up with Zant and Gihrahim and at the end the latter said: "He reminds me of my master, Demise." Who here gleed'd so much their little otaku hearts exploded after hearing that line?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMFri Oct 17, 2014 8:49 am

Do yourselves a favour and get to Twilight Princess' second stage as soon as you reach the branching path in Legend Mode, you get an item there that's required for heart pieces and Skulltulas on other stages.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMSun Oct 19, 2014 10:14 am

Okay, the new Ganondorf is a beast. Why couldn't they use that design in Brawl 4?

That Twilight Palace thing, care to give me more details?

Also, what are the odds Midna's more human form will be DLC when the Twilight Princess pack comes out?

Also, if you could pull off Defeat the Demon Lord with an A Rank, you would be my hero.

And during the Defeat All Impa's mission do you have to kill all the Impa's or just kill the real one? If I have to beat all her fakes That will be a tedious task.

Last edited by Emil12345 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMSun Oct 19, 2014 11:25 am

The item I'm talking about is
Spoiler:
. There are certain chests or skulltulas at dead ends that you can only access by using it to
Spoiler:
. Lana's full heart piece in Twilight Princess stage 1 requires it, and the 1000 kill Skulltula in Ocarina of Time stage 1 needs it.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMSun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Oh yeah. I already have that. Still, great game. You got Cia's level 2 Sceptre yet?
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMThu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Emil. You asked about the chances of Midna's human form showing up. Here is your answer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-18-hyrule-warriors-twilight-princess-dlc-release-date-announced
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaMThu Nov 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Okay! Plus, she's using the Twilight Mirror. This'll be a good gift for Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hyrule Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors   Hyrule Warriors 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Hyrule Warriors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: