HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Prinny's having difficulty creating an account. Says his username's already taken...Which isn't true.

Edit: I tried to register for him, "Sorry, but this username has already been taken."

Double Edit: Created a dummy account named Prinny Test with some random email, went to New Users (unactivated accounts) and changed the username and email to what he wanted, then activated the account manually.

Hopefully we can figure out why that name was causing issues.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.

Last edited by Taiyz on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainstorm
All-New!

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 pm

The site has problems with the specific name of Prinny, is it run by Etna secretly?

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:38 pm

...Prolly....

O_O

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:25 pm

We're still having issues. Silver Forte attempted to join and was being refused. He used the contact form to reach me via PM. I created an account for him, but I get the impression that the email I sent containing his password didn't reach him.

So, because this keeps happening, I'm enabling guest posting in just this subforum. Let us know if you're having difficulties creating an account and we'll try and work around the process.

Silver Forte, if you're reading this, let us know when you're around again and I'll post the temporary password I created for you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falunel

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:10 pm

My guild was having similar issues with their forum regarding usernames being taken. It turned out that the forum was set to filter "common" usernames and usernames shorter than a certain length, because apparently those correlated with spambots. =/ I can't say if this is the same case here, though, since I'm not sure if it's the same software.

Grayling (Creative Writing) - Visions of Gray (Tulpamancy) - Lyric of Tyria (Guild Wars 2, WIP)
Other names: Falunel.7645 (Guild Wars 2) - Falareste (deviantART)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Silver Forte contacted me as well. I told him to sign up using a random name so I could just change it for him later, but I'm not sure if he actually did. I wonder what's going on .__.

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Tue May 13, 2014 10:38 am

I managed to sign in and reset my password, thanks for the help. Just didn't get to it for a while.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Tue May 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Glad you could get in Smile

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:31 pm

I had issues with this when signing up too. I tried to register with the username "Marissa" but it said it was already taken, even though I couldn't find anyone with that name when I checked the member's list. So I went with this name instead and got in fine. I guess it's set to filter out anything that could possibly be a real name? That'd be my only guess to why it rejected it.

Drake
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:45 am

Do you want your username changed to Marissa? Can do.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Marissa

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Drake wrote:
Do you want your username changed to Marissa? Can do.

If it's not too much trouble, that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Crystal Power hopefully you see this: I looked into the admin panel and your account is already active. I can't send another verification email even if you weren't active.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Crystal Power hopefully you see this: I looked into the admin panel and your account is already active. I can't send another verification email even if you weren't active.
Thank you so much, I was manually added by an admin! You all are awesome! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*   

Back to top Go down

Problems with account sign-ups *Updated*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: News and Administration :: Announcements and Forum Rules-