Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today in Gaming

Go down 
+30
AzureEdge
Bo Staff Katana
Crystal Power
Meow Wow
Dracos
TalesofHysteria
Drake
Harbinger
Seraph
Zacewing
Divinus Fulmen
Chosen of Mana
Silver Forte
Ryu
TimeFactor
Psypher
King Cat the Sixth
Arn
BlazingFiddlesticks
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Rainstorm
Tenshigami
Suikoden
Txn
Falcom
Abicion
warriorangel01
Taiyz
Prinny
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Today in Gaming - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 9:51 pm

So as per usual my language is confusing the frig out of people.  Resident Evil 4 was a rightfully popular game that Capcom ported to everything that moves.  Final Fantasy III is an enjoyable game forgotten by most until 2007 and then forgotten again... yet Sqaure has been porting the remake to everything that moves.  FF3 is trying to be Resident Evil 4, in trying to make a quick buck by getting on everything that moves. But it's not the game that would.

This 3D After Years is news to me.  Wrong again, I guess.

Taiyz wrote:
Resident Evil 4 is like Final Fantasy VII. It made a popular franchise into a major hit that pretty much everybody has played (and if you haven't, you're missing out.) However, there are some people who love to hate it, because it marks when Resident Evil became more mainstream.

There are people who don't even think RE4 was good at what it itself was trying to do; get something popular enough and people can hate it on its own merits.
Back to top Go down
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 10:05 pm

@ Taiyz:

If its a GOOD reboot I wouldn't mind.... At this point I just think they need to focus less on the coop aspect. I'm still for multiplayer/coop modes, but I think a well made SP campaign would be great if it was done in a different direction than the recent games. I wanted to enjoy 6, I really did, but I couldn't in the end. While I thought having three separate campaigns with intersections was a great idea, the gameplay just didn't do it for me.

(I'm not one of those oldschool people that hate 4 though. I love 4 as well as the older ones)
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Apr 19, 2014 11:07 pm

People largely ignored Resident Evil Revelations until it got a console port, for whatever reason. I'm of the opinion that, while the game does a good job of hearkening back to the pre-RE4 days, and I'm glad that's what people focused on, I actually think that it doesn't do a great job because it's so linear.

If they could make a game with a similar map style, but didn't have a constant waypoint telling you exactly where to insert your newly found crank, didn't have so many points of no return (or really, any at all,) objectives that actually crisscross over the whole map, and is actually designed FOR next gen consoles so the map can actually be pretty large, then you'd have a great classic-style Resident Evil style without having to go back to tank controls and fixed camera angles.

A problem I have with a lot of RE fans is that they believe that there isn't room for both types of games. I mean come on, there were 5 traditional Resident Evils (not counting REmake,) the Outbreak games on the side, various rail shooters, and the action-style co-op extravaganzas. Revelations even returned to a traditional style while maintaining a co-op bonus mode with a lot of depth. Sure RE4-6 stole the spotlight for a longer duration of time, but still, it's better that Capcom tries to switch things up than bleed the series dry.

Then there are the people who just don't like the modern games because they're "not scary." There's really not much Capcom can do about that, modern horror games just aren't scary unless you remove all weapons from the player (see Amnesia and Outlast.) I'm even hearing that the game that was lauded for being directed by Resident Evil's original creator is pretty laughable because there's just too much ammo you can go through it guns-blazing.

I keep thinking, quite frankly, I've been scared more by powerful enemies in Dark Souls than in a lot of modern horror games. It makes one think that maybe limitations are what really makes a lot of horror games scary (apart from obnoxious jump scares.) I mean, the original RE games forced you to use resources sparingly, from ammo to health to save ribbons...Each time you got hit was a bad sign, and wasting bullets always made you feel shitty. For Resident Evil to be scary again, Capcom might just have to make the games really fucking hard.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Taiyz wrote:
People who basically hate everything after Code Veronica.
well that makes perfect sense.

People who defend Code Veronica deserve no sympathy.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 20, 2014 9:21 pm

I honestly don't know why Code Veronica got so much praise back in the day. Sure it did away with prerendered visuals, but it basically threw away all of RE3's advancements.
Back to top Go down
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 pm

But hopefully we can agree that it has one of (if not the most) memorable RE soundtracks!
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 am

Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 9:36 am

Tenshigami wrote:
SUI! HEY SUI! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/looks-like-suikoden-ii-will-re-released-playstation-network/
Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 11:44 am

Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Txn wrote:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-coming-north-america-summer/

Namco's on a roll!

Holy s**t. What?

...This only increases my bitterness about .hack//LINK sadly.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Otakus rejoice.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
SUI! HEY SUI! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Today in Gaming - Page 6 UQH2HYa

Tenshigami wrote:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/looks-like-suikoden-ii-will-re-released-playstation-network/

Today in Gaming - Page 6 Ok79hXo

Siliconera wrote:
Today in Gaming - Page 6 VxWC0eD

Today in Gaming - Page 6 Ww6sVxi

Today in Gaming - Page 6 77bpK7s HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!~

(Sorry for all the images but holy crap, Suikoden news!)

Edit: Dragon Age Inquisition trailer is now up!

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/22/5636598/dragon-age-inquisition-story-trailer-inquisition-bioware-rift
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Txn wrote:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-coming-north-america-summer/

Namco's on a roll!

Holy s**t. What?

...This only increases my bitterness about .hack//LINK sadly.
We're gonna have to forget about a lot of games. Namco and Konami have decided to start being awesome now, particularly with Namco's attention to Tales and One Piece (and Konami started being awesome with Revengeance's DLC) but it's too late to save any PSP games from obscurity.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Taiyz wrote:
We're gonna have to forget about a lot of games. Namco and Konami have decided to start being awesome now, particularly with Namco's attention to Tales and One Piece (and Konami started being awesome with Revengeance's DLC) but it's too late to save any PSP games from obscurity.
I know. The fans are taking care of it (eventually) anyway. I was just kinda like "oh hey, a game based on that .hack// wannabe. I never asked for this, but cool."

I'd potentially be more interested in the Magi games on 3DS if they localized those to be honest - though I'd have to look at the gameplay, they might actually be crap.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Apr 22, 2014 11:16 pm

That's... certainly odd... She can't fight and her Persona have no active Skills.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Apr 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Apr 24, 2014 12:32 am

I'll throw money at anything Ys. Despite having already played the game on 3 different systems.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Apr 24, 2014 12:57 am

That'd be 3 reasons to get Steam if that happens.

Origin, Napishtim, and SC HD
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Apr 24, 2014 11:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNbgYozx-U

Rise Kujikawa finally joins the front lines! Step it up, Fuuka!
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Apr 24, 2014 12:26 pm

obv maining her
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Apr 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Taiyz wrote:
here you go, Abercrombie.

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 pm

I gotta say, fighting with a mic and a mic stand is a pretty awesome idea.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMFri Apr 25, 2014 1:31 am

Taiyz wrote:
I gotta say, fighting with a mic and a mic stand is a pretty awesome idea.

I'm sure there's a video of Hataune Miku or another Vocaloid doing it somewhere on Nico Nico Douga. And Miku's bound to be one of Rise's palette swaps now >_>
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 1:03 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 6 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Today in Gaming
Page 6 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next