HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Nintendo Direct reactions thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:36 pm

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/01/nintendo-64-and-ds-games-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console

Wow, and Paper Mario is following DK64 already. I mean, this is likely due to a lack of third party contact and the N64 just having a handful of quality titles that they'd be stupid not to release right away, but this is probably the best VC launch yet.

Also, for some reason I didn't put two and two together and forgot that FE x SMT was supposed to be a Wii U game (I've been playing the Vita recently and I watched the trailer at a low resolution so I guess I thought it was a Vita game,) that's got me crazy hyped.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
avatar

Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:26 pm

Taiyz wrote:

Also, for some reason I didn't put two and two together and forgot that FE x SMT was supposed to be a Wii U game

I did not know that either. For some reason, I thought it was going to be a 3DS game. Thank goodness I am not a detective. I wouldn't last very long with my observational skills.

_________________
"Only the living have the privilege of saying they'll fight to the last breath. Words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man." ~ Raven
Frosting is the magic that turns muffins into cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:02 am

Well I mean the New 3DS has literally ONE GAME and none announced, so who knows what they could actually do if they made a game designed for the New 3DS from scratch. Playing the Vita recently, I just thought "oh yes, this is what handheld gaming looks like right now" and didn't think about what hardware Nintendo actually has on the market.

That said, that thought process kind of says a lot about the Wii U's visuals...

Edit: Thought of some more N64 highlights, Diddy Kong Racing and Quest 64 (even though the latter has a lot of detractors.) I hope we get DKR considering that Banjo's in it, he was removed from the DS version after all so we might get that one instead (super mega lame.)
Double Edit: Yoshi's Story and the Mario Party trilogy...

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.


Last edited by Taiyz on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

avatar

Posts : 486
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:48 am

There are some games (such as Smash and MH4) that make use of the extra power. The OS is much more responsive compared to the original hardware as well. Plus its the same price as the standard 3DS XL so there's no point in skipping it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:54 am

Nobody was talking shit about the New 3DS.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 734
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 31
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Did anyone watch it? That last part was unexpected.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Sure let's just put an FF7 character who has never appeared on a Nintendo console ever in Smash. When the company that brought us the Tales series, which HAS appeared on Nintendo consoles, helped make the damn game.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samaël
Kamen Rider
avatar

Posts : 379
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 am

Tenshigami wrote:
Sure let's just put an FF7 character who has never appeared on a Nintendo console ever in Smash. When the company that brought us the Tales series, which HAS appeared on Nintendo consoles, helped make the damn game.


Also Final Fantasy Explorers

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:05 am

Ok maybe "never appeared" isn't true. Pretty sure he's appeared in some Kingdom Hearts games too. "Never been more than a cameo" - does that work?

It's also kind of funny for them to be celebrating a character that gave their system a miss back in the day because Square was effectively telling them to take their dated cartridge format and shove it. I did enjoy the N64 but it certainly had a lack of RPGs because of that.

EDIT: HAH! Just actually bothered watching the trailer and it ends with a more fitting character who's not only had his own Wii game (and a DS one!) but would fit in better as a mascot (Chocobo). Chocobo only appears as a hat...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial Phoenix

avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:31 am

You sound surprised, Smash is an official MUGEN. Expect Naruto or Goku announcement in the next Direct.

Seriously, this did surprise and then not surprise me. Sakurai seems keen on putting characters he is familiar with. While we don't know how much of a FF fan he is, we do know he is a gamer as well.

Also, Cloud's Final Smash is lazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:15 am

Wow, some real salt in this thread for no reason. I'm a Chocobo's Dungeon fan and you should feel bad for suggesting that Tenshi. Do I really need to point out that Sega and Capcom aren't involved in development, and Capcom has TWO of their frontrunners in the game? Square-Enix has had some cross-overs with Nintendo anyway, like with Fortune Street and that basketball game, oh and Mario RPG (truth be told I would've preferred a Wii U VC release of that, to this.) Sure Cloud might not've been involved, but who the f*** else from Square-Enix would make the cut? I'm not saying that a Tales character shouldn't be in there, but I also think that decision is harder to make than the company reps they've got so far (also if you feel a need to keep complaining after everything I've said, f*** you, because Cloud isn't Bayonetta.)

Anyway, this is a pretty big tease:
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/664935411454640128

Makes you think, did they make her because of fan speculation for the new Zelda game, or did they make her as a preview for what WILL be in the new Zelda game?

I mean this just goes to further prove that Hyrule Warriors is the best Zelda game.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:56 am

Taiyz wrote:
Sure Cloud might not've been involved, but who the f*** else from Square-Enix would make the cut?
Well it's not like Square Enix doesn't have their OWN Hero of Time that would make the internet explode probably just as much as Cloud.

And yeah I wasn't too thrilled about Ryu either, because I mean for the most part Smash Bros. has been about characters you normally don't see in a fighting game. (In that sense, there's also Dissidia for Cloud. DON'T LET THIS MAKE YOU FORGET THAT THE NEW DISSIDIA HAS NO ANNOUNCED CONSOLE PORT, PEOPLE.) But Street Fighter II was on the SNES, so I just shrugged it off. With Cloud it's harder for me to see it as anything more than the "popular character that has nothing to do with our company or systems = $$$$$" that it is.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 734
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 31
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:02 am

I wonder if Linkle will be added to Smash at some point :')

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:12 am

Right, meant to address Linkle in my previous post.

Taiyz wrote:
Makes you think, did they make her because of fan speculation for the new Zelda game, or did they make her as a preview for what WILL be in the new Zelda game?

Even more mysterious would be if she does appear in the new Zelda game, then was it because of the positive reaction to Linkle, or was she there from the start? We may never know, since the game was in development before, during, and after Linkle appeared in that art book. If the player character IS Linkle, she was likely in it from the start, but a side character or second playable one could have been added *because* of the positive reaction to Linkle.

Edit: As for Linkle in Smash, I'm a bit divided on that one. While she definitely would play differently than Link or Toon Link (double crossbows and all), we have enough characters taking up multiple slots as it is.

Wait wait, Linkle has double crossbows... how does she reload?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial Phoenix

avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:52 pm

You guys are aware HW is mostly a Zelda fanservice title? Getting a "female Link" in the new Zelda is hard to imagine, especially if the development is already finished and Nintendo just noticed the demand from the fanbase to cater to their fantasies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chalice

avatar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:22 pm

glad reservia gave me my fill of grown man complaining about a dlc character he doesn't have to buy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Chalice wrote:
glad reservia gave me my fill of grown man complaining about a dlc character he doesn't have to buy
Always happy to be of service.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:34 am

Stop being an internet person, Chalice.

Tenshigami wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Sure Cloud might not've been involved, but who the f*** else from Square-Enix would make the cut?
Well it's not like Square Enix doesn't have their OWN Hero of Time that would make the internet explode probably just as much as Cloud.

(...DON'T LET THIS MAKE YOU FORGET THAT THE NEW DISSIDIA HAS NO ANNOUNCED CONSOLE PORT, PEOPLE.)
This is what I mean, you're crazy if you think Chrono would make the cut.

And this is always the case for arcade games. Keep in mind that it usually takes a solid year or more before a lot of fighting games make it to consoles, so the versions aren't competing with one another. The game literally runs on PS4 tech.

Tenshigami wrote:
Even more mysterious would be if she does appear in the new Zelda game, then was it because of the positive reaction to Linkle, or was she there from the start? We may never know, since the game was in development before, during, and after Linkle appeared in that art book. If the player character IS Linkle, she was likely in it from the start, but a side character or second playable one could have been added *because* of the positive reaction to Linkle.

Wait wait, Linkle has double crossbows... how does she reload?
Which artbook is this?

And, like any FPS, you just lower your guns and make CHICK-CHACK noises and then you raise them again and they're mysteriously reloaded. (A more plausible thing would be to quickly holster each crossbow on your belt while loading the other, but I don't think there are obvious design elements planned to show that. I'm sure she'll just be able to fire them like guns with endless magazines.)

Oh, oh, she could also use her third hand:

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Alright, fine, I admit defeat - he is the best choice for a Square character in smash.

I mean, think of the alternate costume possibilities!



Make it happen, Sakurai.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2014-02-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:24 pm

When was Tenshi slamming Chocobo's Dungeon?

We cannot say much about Linkle so long as Hyrule Warriors is the only game she's in, but she was certainly designed the way she was to gauge reactions.  She's a new character on paper, speaking and using new weapons, but at the same time she's Mrs. Pac-Man.

Taiyz wrote:
Sure Cloud might not've been involved, but who the f*** else from Square-Enix would make the cut?

That's just it, though: if Square has no one who can make the cut, then why does Square get to add a character to begin with?  These arbitrary roster additions whose platforms of origin cannot even be shown in the trophy room (going back to Snake, Cloud and Ryu merely used the door he opened) do not magically cease to become arbitrary just because they happen.  Super Smash Bros. is not Namco X Capcom/Project X Zone.  It just isn't.

I do hope that new Star Fox Zero teaser is a part of the intro sequence, that was the best throwback.  
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chalice

avatar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:59 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
That's just it, though: if Square has no one who can make the cut

what "cut"

clearly they don't care about this "cut" you speak of, and haven't since brawl

it's a crossover made to sell money to nerds who want to see their favorite characters. cloud is pretty good at that. it's just a case of companies scratching each other's backs, because that is going to make them more money in the long run than adhering to some special condition that doesn't exist, clearly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2014-02-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Certainly. Doesn't mean I have to care for it, thus I won't buying it, and that's that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:58 am

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
When was Tenshi slamming Chocobo's Dungeon?
He wasn't. He was saying the exact opposite, that a chocobo would be a better playable character than Cloud, which is a ridiculous notion even if you are a fan of the chocobo games.

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
That's just it, though: if Square has no one who can make the cut, then why does Square get to add a character to begin with? These arbitrary roster additions whose platforms of origin cannot even be shown in the trophy room (going back to Snake, Cloud and Ryu merely used the door he opened) do not magically cease to become arbitrary just because they happen. Super Smash Bros. is not Namco X Capcom/Project X Zone. It just isn't.
I think the problem is, a lot of the internet is looking into deeper connections when it may be arbitrary just as you say.

I don't like how Chalice is phrasing it, but that's what I feel is going on. Cloud is an iconic representative of a famous company, and that might be all this is. The company does have roots in Nintendo platforms still, even if Cloud might not.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2014-02-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Taiyz wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
That's just it, though: if Square has no one who can make the cut, then why does Square get to add a character to begin with?  These arbitrary roster additions whose platforms of origin cannot even be shown in the trophy room (going back to Snake, Cloud and Ryu merely used the door he opened) do not magically cease to become arbitrary just because they happen.  Super Smash Bros. is not Namco X Capcom/Project X Zone.  It just isn't.
I think the problem is, a lot of the internet is looking into deeper connections when it may be arbitrary just as you say.

And all that overwrought drama creates this false idea that people who hold to artistic visions of what a piece of media should be don't understand how business works; as if realizing that money is the root of the business and the only power you have is to not buy something, you just stop caring entirely.  But that's just not true.  Tenshi and I know why Cloud got in to Super Smash Bros.: the Japanese industry likes collaborations, Nintendo needs to keep their few big games in the public eye as long as they can, and Smash Bros. is great publicity for both Nintendo and Namco/Capcom/Sega/Square/etc.  That doesn't mean we have to consider Cloud a good fit for the game, and so long as we keep it to that initial 30 seconds of groaning, there's nothing particularly overdone about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial Phoenix

avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:48 am

I agree on the third parties collaborating lately, as it works in this digital day and age. Snake's announcement in Brawl wasn't as deep as I had thought(besides him originally meant to be in Melee). While fanboys look at favorite third party developers/publishers making games together as if it's a miraculous event, it makes one wonder why hatchets weren't buried earlier when Nintendo needed the third party support the most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Nintendo Direct reactions thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: