Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U Recommendations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

Wii U Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Wii U Recommendations   Wii U Recommendations 07v2DaMTue Jan 20, 2015 7:53 pm

I have $49 to spend at EB Games, I -could- save it and pre-order something in the far future, OR I could buy a game for my Wii U that literally has no games. The obvious first choice would be Smash Bros, but I hardly have people over right now and I don't play it alone that often (and I have it on the 3DS which is where I play online with friends), so that's pretty much out unless there is some incentive to get it other than Mewtwo.

My other options would be Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, and Super Mario 3D World that I'm actually interested in.

Which of those three does anyone that knows of them think I would get the most joy out of playing mostly single player? (I'm open to other single player Wii U games as well)
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Recommendations   Wii U Recommendations 07v2DaMTue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 pm

Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Recommendations   Wii U Recommendations 07v2DaMWed Jan 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks DS (I just realized why everyone calls you DS I always wondered how they got that from your name....#slowday)!! I didn't consider Hyrule Warriors as being good single player :0
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Recommendations   Wii U Recommendations 07v2DaMWed Jan 21, 2015 5:16 pm

I second Hyrule Warriors. The game can be repetitive at times (it is a Dynasty Warriors in Zelda's clothing) but it absolutely has the most value for $60. If you later decide to spend an additional $20 on the DLC pack, you will probably never complete all the material. I can't speak for others, but I am still working on the original Adventure map, and with the DLC that is already out, I still have 2 full maps to complete after that.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Recommendations   Wii U Recommendations 07v2DaMWed Jan 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Bayonetta 2 is two games in one, if you've never played the original you must buy it and ignore any other recommendation in this thread. Playing with the gamepad can be frustrating though, I don't find it very comfortable and I bought a Pro Controller for it. There should still be a demo on the eShop so give it a shot first.

Hyrule Warriors and 3D World are also good choices. Hyrule Warriors is easily the most intuitive Warriors game, but it still gets tedious if you're into 100%-ing games (it has a lot of "content" but that content generally involves challenges on the same maps. I would not buy this unless you plan on shelling out 20 bones for the season pass too.)

3D World is more of 3D Land, with super glossy graphics. If you liked 3D Land, and if you liked the different characters in Mario Bros. 2, you basically know what to expect. Most people are more charmed by the game than I, but it is a very competent platformer that I just wish was portable.

I would recommend 3D World above Hyrule Warriors, 3D World might be a lot shorter (I'd say it's about double the length of 3D Land in a single playthrough if you include the special stages) but it's charming and the levels have a lot of variety in their assets all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Recommendations   Wii U Recommendations 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Wii U Recommendations
Page 1 of 1