Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri? Empty
PostSubject: Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri?   Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri? 07v2DaMSun Mar 01, 2015 12:36 pm

The man's been doing a lot more mainstream voice projects lately, like The Last of Us, Arkham Origins and Uncharted 4, and doing far less niche games and anime. Two of his established roles, Persona 4's Kanji and Naruto's Yamato, have already been taken over by Matthew Mercer. This makes me wonder if Namco would be able to bring back Troy to play Yuri in the future, or if Troy would have the time or desire to do so.

I hear that he likes the character, and he reprised his role in Vesperia First Strike, so perhaps he could make the time if he was offered to reprise his role again.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri?   Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri? 07v2DaMSun Mar 01, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm sure it's entirely dependent on scheduling and location, Sentai got him for half of Persona 4 the Animation after all.

I've gotten over it, honestly. Matthew Mercer deserves just as much respect, just like when he took over the role of Leon Kennedy, those were huge shoes to fill and he made them fit like a glove (WOW THIS IS IS AN AWKWARD CLASHING OF TWO METAPHORS.)

It does suck when a classic VA gets replaced for no obvious reason, I get it, it makes people feel that the developers just don't have the same appreciation that the fanbase does, like with David Hayter being replaced in MGSV (I'm only fine with this because it's Big Boss, getting ever closer to MGS1.) But then you have stuff like Resident Evil Revelations 2 where the new actress for Claire is totally fantastic, no better or worse than Alyson Court. I'm also positive that ALL of these actors don't want to be replaced...But I guess in Baker's situation (and maybe Paul Mercier's as well, we didn't hear much about why Mercer replaced him,) he's got certain priorities, possibly financial ones which you can't begrudge him because voice-acting is known not to be well-paying unless you're a celeb outside of the job.
Back to top Go down

Hypothetical: If Vesperia PS3 got localized would Troy Baker still return to play Yuri?
Page 1 of 1