Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)

Go down 
+13
Rainstorm
Zacewing
Drake
Moontoon
Prinny
Prochainezo
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
Tenshigami
Taiyz
King Cat the Sixth
Falcom
DylDawg
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Jun 16, 2015 12:59 am

Yes Taiyz. All of it. My reaction to episode 7 is exactly like "holy mother of god, 6 episodes of feel good heroism drama is just a prologue?". But during Sentai arc, I kinda just wished it stayed the thought-provoking drama it was back in the first 6 episodes, partly because Goto was sidelined in that arc and also partly because I hate super sentai(not tokusatsu) in the first place.

The dark hero arc is rather awesome though (policeman-cosplaying policeman Goto teaming up with Samurai Flamenco is funny as hell), but that's probably just me having given up with sentai arc that I feel everything is better.

But yeah, all in all, first 6 episode of Samurai Flamenvo is undoubtedly the best. It's like Kickass the anime, only with better morale value (that umbrella scene is very memorable and thought provoking) and actually realistic or down-to-earth.

Only thing good about Samurai Flamenco S2 is Ai ai ai ni Utarete Bye Bye Bye.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Jun 16, 2015 7:07 am

Okay so Samurai Flamenco managed to redeem itself, but my opinion hasn't changed, I still feel that it's two separate shows that shouldn't have interfered with one another.

There were some touching moments in episode 13 where they're evacuating family, and the superhero union was amazing given the overall theme of the series as a celebration of the Japanese superhero, and the fact that episodes 8-14 were all setup for the final arc is kinda impressive...But the problem is that the series escalates in the dumbest, most sudden ways. Story arcs start literally at the end of the last, or even mid-episode, it's just one dumb parody trying to outdo the last, and it feels suffocating with no room to breath. The series had fantastic pacing up to episode 8 and then it was just a mad dash from trope to trope.

So basically I agree with you on the third arc, it has a cool concept that is very reminiscent of many American comic stories about governments and loyalty, but the middle arc was such a cop out that it makes it difficult to enjoy the redeeming qualities that the show still has.

Also I felt that the first 7 episodes were reminiscent of Arrow and The Flash, the live action shows going on right now, just with better writing and theming and a better reason to be. Really, vigilante super heroes are pretty common in America, so it's refreshing to see Japan's take on it.

And unfortunately I gotta disagree, the second OP is bland and the animation reuses a ton of shit, the first OP had masterful song choice and perfectly captured the feeling of what Masaoshi (literally) dreams of, it's inspiring and easily one of my favourite anime openings. Unfortunately, even though they went this far, it seems that we'll never see Masayoshi doing a jet-powered Flamen Kick through a giant robot in a real suit of armour (a detail I like is that Masayoshi's manager seems to be the gal he's trying to rescue in the dream.)
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Jun 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Taiyz wrote:
the animation reuses a ton of shit
That's just the first 3 or so episodes of second OP, the latter ones had a new animation (it's technically animated...) that fits the hell out of the music. That masking in and out of their superhero form is really neat.

I'm guessing the staff were like "wait what, we are 2 cour now? but we haven't made new OP yet. what? we got new song? oh shit lets just make do with what we have for now until we made new animation for new OP" and you can see that the OP animation is still not finalized until about 3 episodes or so before ending.

How can Ai ai ai ni Utarete Bye bye bye be bland if the underlying music changes throughout the song? Also, it's a two-man duet man, my fangirl inside me keeps thinking of the song as Goto and Masayoshi's singing together, such dynamic. And heck, that final chorus had a real awesome percussion that you can't help but shakes your head at it!!!! And the lyrics's first verse realllllly fits Masayoshi's mentality of not abandoning everyone.

and this

Sugita and whoever the hell Masayoshi's VA is should do a cover of this song dammit.

Taiyz wrote:
Really, vigilante super heroes are pretty common in America, so it's refreshing to see Japan's take on it.
I like Samurai Flamenco's (first 6) take on the vigilante superhero because it doesn't really have a definite villain that must be defeated. Instead Samurai Flamenco's heroism is about changing our society's way of thinking by his acts of random kindness or curbing simple harmless crime (that umbrella scene I mentioned) because it undoubtedly will turn into something bigger.

It's corny as hell, but so heartwarming...

Taiyz wrote:
I still feel that it's two separate shows that shouldn't have interfered with one another.
This, I wholeheartedly agree. Though we obviously won't get the really shocking reveal of episode 7 if they weren't together. Really, that was the best moment of my anime life.

Or they can probably go the despair route after episode 7, and that'll probably be great. Like, a really human Masayoshi, with no power whatsoever other than stationeries, fighting a struggling battle against a real villainous organization. Like a situation of 'what would a normal person do in the face of abnormal powers, without abandoning his belief'.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 17, 2015 1:05 am

As mindblowingly everyone-should-experience-this as the end of episode 7 might have been, I'd still rather have them stick to the original concept. It really is such an amazing moment, like ARE THEY REALLY DOING THIS, WHAT, IT'S NOT MASAYOSHI DREAMING?

Also the Netflix upload doesn't feature lyrics for the songs so I have no idea if the lyrics are thematic or not. I also feel that you're headcanoning a bit much. I do think that having their VA's do a duet would've been better, just as a concept for a song. But, I don't want to argue with you about this, because I get it:
I don't really want to dig any deeper into why I appreciate the first OP just because a lot of it is based on feeling and it relates to how the series connects with me, I don't feel like I could word exactly how I feel about it, it's that good.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 17, 2015 3:04 am

i dont ship goto x masayoshi that much, i just feel like they had such a bro relationship with goto being the voice of reason to masayoshi's headstrong justice. pure vigilante-authority partnership kind of heartwarming, like batman and gordon, knowing there's someone out there you can trust and will trust you back.

in fact i ship masayoshi with his manager, and goto with that flamenco ruby for ...err... various reason, like policeman goto cosplaying a policeman for her is just so adorable; but i digress.

obtw
Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 BCp5osq
Dojima doesn't disappoint. Goddammit Takehito Koyasu, that caught me off guard.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 17, 2015 5:01 am

So, christ.

Two things I wanted to see before the series' end, Goto in a sentai suit and Masayoshi getting the OP armour. While the OP fight doesn't happen, we do get that galactic flamen upper or whatever, and I think Samurai Policeman totally counts. "Don't pretend to be a real cop you terrorist!" was a brilliant line.

Speaking of which, they totally go Gurren Lagann with Alien Flamenco, and then Masayoshi becomes Haruhi. I love how they reveal that episodes 8-18 were entirely caused by Masayoshi's wishes and the word Flamenco. Seriously, the plot twists in this series are so dumb and sudden they're genuinely upsetting but they are simultaneously so epic. The "one small step for mankind" moment was again, brilliant.

Also I wasn't talking about shipping, I was talking about how you interpret the song. Anyway I have to disagree, the anime handles the relationships well, Goto's taken and Masayoshi says that Ishihara's more like an older sister to him. I don't really want to see her paired with anybody in the show, especially Konno. BTW you were talking about Flamenco Diamond, not Ruby.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 am

Goto is taken? Really? Reeeaaaallly? winkwinknudgenudge

Yeah Diamond, sorry, kinda mixed them up.

Well, the lyrics kinda go like:

lyric wrote:
"Leave me alone",
"I don't care anymore",
"I just want o forget everything",
"I'm at the mercy of this world",

I'd never say that and just give up,
This world is wonderful,
And I look forward to the future.

And a bunch of other 'lets love ourselves and everyone' stuff. So shounen and full of hope man, and really captures Masayoshi imo. But yeah, to each his own, so I rather not argue much about it.

Yeah, Flamenco tries so hard to justify its plot that it actually kinda works, in a sense.

Prime Minister Gattai is awesome as f***. Unchecked and Unbalanced Armored Politician Izanagi, holy shit. All of the scene of that is awesome, especially that line "And I am Samurai Policemannn", Gotou's really having fun there.

Taiyz wrote:
Goto in a sentai suit
He did once though. And he felt really good.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Nah, I meant that Goto needed his own sentai identity, like he shows up and saves the day suddenly. That's why I said that Samurai Policeman basically counts. The Double Samurai Kick was totally cool as well with Masayoshi just dragging him up into the air.

And yeah, even though they tried their hardest to ruin a good concept, they also tried their hardest to deliver one of the most unique anime I've ever seen, it's obviously a labour of love even though it feels like they made it up as they went along (while they obviously had some big plot points they had to make, like the conversation with THE UNIVERSE.)

Speaking of which that's one of my favourite lines, "Does it look like any more villains will show up?" "Nah, the universe said there wouldn't be." THE UNIVERSE IS LITERALLY A CHARACTER, ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Now we just needed a fucking boss-ass dub with Crispin Freeman as Goto.

Edit: just finished the series, great ending, the series did all the stuff I reasonably expected from it, and the end frame was great. Goto's backstory is a crazy creative idea, but like I said, he's taken and it shouldn't be any other way. Masayoshi's proposal was pretty brilliant too.

BTW Samurai Flamenco and Goto are so much cooler than Batman and Gordon...Now if only Rocksteady would make a Samurai Flamenco game!

Also I do think that OP2 is catchy now after hearing it a couple times, but I still prefer OP1, especially the animation.

Edit 2: Goddammit Catmandhu, I gave Ai ai ai utarete bye bye bye another chance because you are a man of grace and high moral character and now it's stuck in my head and I need to grab the MP3. This I've been listening to Just one Life nonstop to and from work though.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Jun 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Hahahaha. Embrace the catchiness. Seriously, that final chorus before the ending really pumps it up a ton, making the next bit of winding down just so satisfying.

Though I must say, the full version of that song is rather weak imo, the TV size version is just that perfect.

Taiyz wrote:
BTW Samurai Flamenco and Goto are so much cooler than Batman and Gordon
Does Batman ever proposed to Gordon while being naked? No, right? Then of course Samurai Flamenco and Samurai Policeman is cooler.

Taiyz wrote:
Masayoshi's proposal was pretty brilliant too.
Masayoshi pulled a book end with that naked pervert scene. I really love it when a series does this kind of closure.

Fate UBW 24:
The fight scene and EMIYA is really great (too much dramatic slowdown tho), but I can't help but feel that the voice acting is rather lacking in shounen points. Full japanese Unlimited Blade Works chant is awesome as hell, but the lack of screaming while "DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS, KING OF HEROES" is, well, lackluster.

And yeah, the sin of omitting ONOREONOREONOREONOREONOREONOREONORE is just too great.

btw, movie scrub here, never played the vn
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMTue Jun 23, 2015 11:09 pm

I prefer the full version actually. The full version of Just one Life throws me off because the end of the TV Size version is a bit different and I keep expecting to hear it taper off.

The music video for it is pretty great also, bad CG but awesome presentation and it looks like they had a fun time shooting it.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 11:02 am

After moving to my apartment caused me to fall behind by like 20+ episodes combined, I'm now all caught up with most of my shows aside from any episodes airing during the week (I catch up on weekends).

Still a few episodes behind on Yamada, DanMachi, Arslan, and World Trigger.

I also still need to watch the Neptunia dub now that I have the blu-rays, and Noragami so I can watch season 2 as it airs.

And of course Avatar: The Last Airbender <_< >_>

Arslan and DanMachi have been my favorites this season since they cater directly to my inner fantasy nerd.

Etotama and Yamada have been surprisingly delightful to watch, especially Yamada since the description made the body swapping gimmick (which has been done to death) seem like the entire premise of the series but there is so much more to it than that! The body swapping is like only one of SEVEN gimmicks, even if it's the gimmick they use the most.

Etotama is, well it's Etotama - fourth-wall-breakingly aware of what it is, and absolutely delightful for it. I love it.

I've also been watching Ore Monogatari! in an attempt to branch out a bit. It's a pretty good show but honestly not really for me.

Last edited by Tenshigami on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Blood Blockade is still the best show this season no questions asked

and it's printing money too so Bones had better make a season 2
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 8:09 pm

I'm sorry. Even though BBB has the bestest ED and Bump O Chicken OP, it still didn't hold my eyes. Love the whole premise tho.

Anime of the season is obviously:

(I know S1, but this is too adorable)

JoJo still reigns supreme as most intense anime I've ever seen:
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMWed Jun 24, 2015 9:34 pm

I couldn't get myself to like Kekkai Sensen, it was a decent watch but just not my cup of tea.

DylDawg wrote:
Anime of the season is obviously:

^

AYAYAYA

Bai Kiniro T__T

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 Tumblr_nqb8s0XVSM1tbico6o2_r1_540
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMSun Jun 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Knight of Sidonia is over (for this season) Sad It was an enjoyable ride. Waifu War in Space is a somewhat accurate description O_o

The Nagato Yuki-Chan anime got pretty emotional.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Jul 04, 2015 2:39 pm

holy shit why didn't anyone recommend ninja slayer. wow. best anime pissing all over your animes. YEEART!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Aug 07, 2015 1:01 am

Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Aug 07, 2015 1:28 am

Wow.

What happens to the food?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Aug 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Probably the same as what happens to gifts that are left at any other shrine in Japan? Not that I know.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Aug 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Taking Anime a tiny bit too seriously Surprised

I might as well start worshiping Haruhi!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMFri Aug 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Haruhi fans already committed hundreds of ritualistic Hare Hare Yukai dances to videological record.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Aug 08, 2015 4:20 am

Brb gonna be buying tomatoes to offer the red head goddess.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaMSat Aug 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Brb time to buy an ocean for beach/sea goddess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 10 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10