Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colette's Japanese Arte Names

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LGameTales

LGameTales

Colette's Japanese Arte Names Empty
PostSubject: Colette's Japanese Arte Names   Colette's Japanese Arte Names 07v2DaMThu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Hello all who are also concerned or curious,

I'm here to discuss Colette's arte names. Specifically,

レイトラスト
レイシレーゼ
リミュエレイヤー

(The following is only brainstorming; I don't actually solve any mysteries.)

In many places I see them transliterated to "Ray Thrust", "Ray Shiraze", and "Rimue Layer", respectively, but I have problems with "shiraze" and "rimue" considering that they aren't legitimate words in any common language. I assume these words were generated due to the absence of any agreeable translations for シレーゼ and リミュエ.

Does anyone have any ideas or preconceived opinions about these two words?

What I noticed is that Colette uses a couple music-themed words, like ソルフェージュ solfège and パルティータ partita. シレーゼ sounded Latin enough to me to research it (for a Latin language translation), and one word I found was laisses, pronounced /lɛse/ (fitting the レーゼ) and the plural of "laisse", which was a poetic French stanza that utilized a repeating motif within a poem or song. The problem is シ gets disconnected from the word. If laisses (or a similar word) was the idea for the arte name, レイシ could be considered its own word. Acknowledging that レイヤー layer also holds a potential レイ ray in its translation, yet may actually translate to "layer" (grammatically unrelated to "ray"), レイシ could also diverge from being a "ray" arte. Or maybe レイヤー was intended to be an Engrish "rayer".

Finishing my brainstorm, I figured if somehow レイシ and レーゼ were separate words, they'd both be in the same language: French. I did more research and have yet to find something... Retreating to Japanese, I've heard "reishi" in some Japanese franchises (Bleach and Yu-Gi-Oh!, if they don't jeopardize the legitimacy) to be "spirit energy" of sorts.

In the end, I have レイシレーゼ potentially being translated to "Reishi Laisses", a French-Japanese conglomeration meaning "Spirit Stanza" (very roughly)... Which is horrid. What I want to believe (like the others) is that there's a word out there like "chileser" /ʃilɛse/ that I'm just yet to find.

Ridiculous speculation over.
Back to top Go down

Colette's Japanese Arte Names
Page 1 of 1