Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie Empty
PostSubject: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie   Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 11:35 am

I think I still like Pacific Rim slightly more, tho.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
warriorangel01

PostSubject: Re: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie   Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 pm

is that the one where the guy has no scent
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie   Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Yeah, and he kills bitches so he can sniff them.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie   Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Yeah, it's definitely up there in terms of, er, "creeper movies." I should really watch it again soon -it's a great movie.

However, while I'm not entirely clear on your definition of "creeper movie," I would like to nominate Elija Wood's recent movie Maniac as a contender.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie Maniac_2012_crimson_quill4

While not the most original horror movie ever and perhaps being a bit "problematic" in the gender relations department, it's a brilliantly well crafted film presenting the sort of stark, refusing to blink violence of a lot of French new wave horror films like Inside and mixing it with the dark, psychological drama of Hitchcock. Its my theory that this was exactly their goal, especially considering the plot's striking similarities to Psycho.

It's been a while since a movie has made me feel this uncomfortable while still managing to actually hold my interest and present something sincerely human -though some may find some of the humanizing elements to be a bit overtly melodramatic.
Back to top Go down
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie   Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie 07v2DaMMon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I completely forgot about that Perfume movie. I saw a trailer for it once in high school and was like "That looks weird, I'll probably never see that." And I was right, for once.
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie   Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie 07v2DaMMon Feb 10, 2014 11:22 pm

You should watch it. It's good times all around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie   Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is the ultimate creeper movie
Page 1 of 1