HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I need help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
swordandshield

PostSubject: I need help   Thu May 28, 2015 1:59 am

Me and my girlfriend broke up a few weeks ago and she wants to get back together. She broke up with me for a lot of reasons, getting her life together, wasn't feeling her usual self (which makes me wonder if she has a mental illness), ect.

Now the problem I face is that my whole family distrusts her and doesn't like her because according to them shes told me several versions of stories about her life and they may not be true. And she gave me several different reasons for the break up which to them is a cop out. What do I do to make them trust her and like her again especially my dad (hes really stubborn)?

If my family doesn't trust or like her then I don't know how we can get back together...

Harbinger
Nephalem

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Thu May 28, 2015 2:08 am

Why does she want to go back together?

Why do you want to go back together?

Were things good prior to the breakup?

How long were you two together? How long have you known each other?

More importantly, do you trust her? Can you trust her? If not, then get away as far as possible. A relation with no mutual trust is bound to fail.

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Thu May 28, 2015 12:20 pm

We want to get back together because we still love each other. Things were good before the break up. My dad still likes her but doesn't like what she did and the changing stories she has told.

We've been together for a year now and known each other for about the same, it was love at first sight.

I trust her but my dad doesn't.

Slivendiferious
Quilvius

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Thu May 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Well, it's your life, not your dad's.

However, you could be blinded by love, and your dad clearly isn't.

In a lot of cases scenarios like these end up in someone breaking with their family.
Sometimes its for the best, sometimes its not.

You're going to have to get all introspective and stuff to figure this out S&S.
You have to look within yourself and talk to people about this (preferably your prospective gf and your family) to save yourself from doing something you'll regret for a long time, whatever that might be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Thu May 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Sorta been down this road myself and the number priority with stuff like this is certainty. 

The issues that caused the breakup like her not feeling her usual self to getting her life in order: Are you sure she has a handle on that stuff? If she's told different things to your family members have you asked her about that?

Loving each other is all well and good but love in of itself won't be enough to substantiate an long-going relationship without a finer grasp on things.

Honestly it feels as if y'all need a bit more time on figuring this out because let's face it, having a lack of parental approval is a gigantic risk, as you're aware.

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Fri May 29, 2015 5:13 pm

I've asked her everything and we've done a lot of talking and came to the conclusion that we are just friends now and we won't ever be back together. I don't want to fill her life with chaos and misery because of my family. And she was hurt by the fact that my dad thinks shes fat. To me she isn't fat just a little overweight. I don't mind big girls anyway. Everyone thinks we look cute together except my dad who thinks shes fat so even from the beginning he had something negative to say about her. Oh well. Sad

She broke my heart breaking up with me and she knows that. She also treated me like crap after the breakup, not talking to me very much ignoring me, ect. My family can't seem to forgive her though, by family I mean my dad mostly. I'll miss those dates we had together of us holding hands and kissing and spending time together. It was a dream come true but that dream turned into a nightmare.

Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Fri May 29, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm sorry you have to go through all this Sad I hope you'll feel better soon!

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Fri May 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks I'm glad I have friends on here even though we don't know each other very well since we are merely communicating on a forum and all.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help   

Back to top Go down

I need help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: