Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)

Go down 
+35
Naoshi
Abicion
Juanblue85
Tsuki
Zwei.0
King Cat the Sixth
DylDawg
Bo Staff Katana
TalesofHysteria
Harbinger
Venom
Samaël
Rainstorm
Crystal Power
fateoffate
swordandshield
Dcrigg
Falcom
Yume Hanabi
Tenshigami
Suikoden
AzureEdge
Slivendiferious
BlazingFiddlesticks
Lloyzerdk
Taiyz
Yumi-Yumi
Dracos
Zacewing
Meowzy
Hasta_Extermi
Txn
DreamSword
cutepresea
Moontoon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMSun Dec 27, 2015 12:46 am

DylDawg wrote:
Also Taiyz, this is my explanation: I don't want to waste moneyyyyyyyy with a gaem that I most likely will go "ugh..." Better spend it on Estival Versus instead.
Well, if you put it that way, apology accepted. XP
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Feb 12, 2016 1:50 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/11/tales-berseria-introduces-two-new-characters-rokuro-eleanor/ why has nobody posted about this cool-ass mof'? Based on design and description alone he could end up being my favourite Tales character.
Back to top Go down
fateoffate
The Molester
fateoffate

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Feb 12, 2016 3:32 am

Taiyz wrote:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/11/tales-berseria-introduces-two-new-characters-rokuro-eleanor/ why has nobody posted about this cool-ass mof'? Based on design and description alone he could end up being my favourite Tales character.
Judging from his design, he is just another traitor.
Back to top Go down
fateoffate
The Molester
fateoffate

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMTue Feb 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Sorry for double post but I have to bump this thread with new info!
http://yinyi982.blog.163.com/blog/static/3559949020160142195148/

The new characters (Credit RPGMonkey in Gamefaqs for the translation):

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 N1UDIm0

Rokurou
Height: 180 cm
Weapon: Twin Swords
Battle Type: Twin Swordsman

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 EvBkSl5

Eleanor
Height: 165 cm
Weapon: Spear
Battle Type: First Class Taimashi

Screenshots:

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 RuZCaJq
The HUD is pretty clean. I like it

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 IIRCmBm
Customizable arte tree? Yes please =)
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMTue Feb 16, 2016 2:26 pm

As if I wasn't before, now I am officially excited. Thanks fateoffate!
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMTue Feb 16, 2016 5:24 pm

The dude has a "Raven" feel about him Smile As for the girl, I like her hair style.
Back to top Go down
fateoffate
The Molester
fateoffate

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMWed Feb 17, 2016 5:26 am

Gematsu translate her weapon as staff.
Rpgmonkey translate her weapon as spear.

I don't know which one is right.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMWed Feb 17, 2016 7:54 am

Maybe it's a... SPEAR STAFF!
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMWed Feb 17, 2016 10:57 am

Screenshots:

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 RuZCaJq

We can roughly see the characters in that anime portrait other than Velvet which we still didnt see since Velvets anime visuals
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMWed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 am

Seeing that they will "still" use four party members during battle (I am okay with it, but seeing SO5 I thought they'll change some things) I really hope they bring Xillia's in battle party memeber switch back, I miss that.

And I still want the lizardman to be playable! He is my hero!
Back to top Go down
fateoffate
The Molester
fateoffate

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMWed Feb 17, 2016 1:41 pm

Better scans
Image gets too big so I post the link.

https://i.imgur.com/Xhg4cwW.jpg - Rokurou
https://i.imgur.com/vZrAnDv.jpg - Rokurou playable in the bottom left
https://i.imgur.com/o6kDk83.jpg - Eleanor
https://i.imgur.com/QN2c8q3.jpg - Eleanor again
https://i.imgur.com/C32mDR6.jpg - Liberation LMBS + Customizable arte tree
https://i.imgur.com/4neMYv5.jpg - Velvet's HUD

Rpgmonkey wrote:
Various other bits of info is out now from other magazines and stuff:

http://tokrin.com/archives/50908081.html
http://tokrin.com/archives/50908074.html

- Eleanor is confirmed to be a human (if anyone found that matter ambiguous).
- The Seiryou is an official group established by the Kingdom, to protect the people. It is commanded/lead by the "savior".
- Not all Malak (Seirei) look like humans. There's a pic that shows some have a more monster-like form.
- L1 centers the camera behind your character.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 1:14 am

The screenshots look like Eleanor wields a spear, I'm also really liking the look of Eleanor! I'm glad RPGmonkey's translations cleared up her race, I thought Seiryou was another way to say Seirei for a long time....

I like the look of the HUD, I'm also really glad to see partner systems departing, they were nice when they lasted but I was hoping for a return. (Also I'm happy to be rid of party restrictions we've had them since X2 and Zestiria....)

Really appreciate the clear images fof <3
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 2:48 am

Nice to see there doesn't seem to be linking nor party restrictions. Xillia 2 is done okay. However Zesteria was far to strict, you could not create your team as you wish very much at all due to it and the roles the story progressed. It's still was nice, just not a preference.

Have anyone got a scanned image of Rokurou's 3D image? It was shown slightly in one scan, but strangely it seems not one fully scanned his, only Eleanor's.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Yes exactly! Its like, it was good for Zestiria, but not as an overall mechanic it was a nice something different.

Speaking of the HUD's above, the screen feels a bit empty. Probably to help with the feel of seamless battle, but I wonder if we'll have something akin to Overlimit or the Eleth Gauge. There is certainly more than enough room for an extra Gauge somewhere.

I'm really excited for the story of this one. I feel like its probably because the worldbuilding in Zestiria was interesting but lacking in detail, I'm excited to have all the dark areas filled in (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 4:14 pm

sometime in 2016 is what we know right now SandS, probably fall or winter if we don't have a date would be my guess, but they could suddenly tell us summer during this spring, who know
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 3:15 am

English Info on Rok and Eleanor I like the dynamic between Rok and Lauphicet, Eleanor seems like a pleasant character, love that she uses a spear.

Battle System Info The Soul Gauge system and new artes link system seems interesting. I do wonder if bosses will get cheap late game instead of challenging have things that drain soul and give themselves a whole lot, which might be fine if you can counter with a strategy.

World Info Get to see some of the non-human Malak, and other Misc. facts
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 10:25 am

I hope you can change the guard button because L1 + stick direction (around step) is going to be pretty awkward. I dunno, I just feel like left shoulder buttons aren't really comforting for core gameplay; they're good for triggering camera lock-on or aiming, or some one-off action, but not for something I will actively use.

Right shoulder buttons is more preferable, like DMC4's dodge roll (R1 + X + stick direction) or Naruto Shippuuden UNS' guard (R2) and ninja ...dodge...thing (R2 + stick direction)

Soul Gauge is pretty dumb. It still acts as combo limiter, like CC/AC/SC/EG/EBG; it refills over time, like CC/AC/SC. Only new thing is it can be stolen from enemy now, which honestly sounds like Naruto UNS chakra system where if you knock down opponent hard enough, some of their chakra are scattered around and you can absorb them.

Why don't they just stick to one name all throughout the series, like Technical Points? (which actually is a very fitting name for every system they made to be honest)  It just irked me the way they keep changing terms when they do exactly the same thing, some only with very minor tweaks.

Arte linking is obviously a customizable Graces/Zestiria A-artes (whoo boy DylDawg's gonna hate this shit lol), and the "certain condition with Arte linking" part sounds like Tempest's system. So much possibility! Can I triple chain Sword Rain for Sword Rain: Omega please?

I know I'm going to put jumping or lunging arte in X button for sure. It's just weird otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 10:53 am

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
I hope you can change the guard button because L1 + stick direction (around step) is going to be pretty awkward. I dunno, I just feel like left shoulder buttons aren't really comforting for core gameplay; they're good for triggering camera lock-on or aiming, or some one-off action, but not for something I will actively use.

Battle controls could always be changed and even if not: you can put every button where you want it. There was an update for that for the PS4 a few month(?) back.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 8:08 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:

Dude, we played Ys Seven and MoC. Those games mad ethe shoulder buttons very frequent with Flash Guard hahaha.I I would have to play it to actually get a grasp of guarding like this, but I have no qualms so far with it.

Quote :
Soul Gauge is pretty dumb. It still acts as combo limiter, like CC/AC/SC/EG/EBG; it refills over time, like CC/AC/SC. Only new thing is it can be stolen from enemy now, which honestly sounds like Naruto UNS chakra system where if you knock down opponent hard enough, some of their chakra are scattered around and you can absorb them

I don't mind this so far, have to see it in action first though. It sounds like it (hopefully) adds a layer of resource management I like in the TP games. It makes you a bit careful now, since I also think you can lose souls.

Also, there better be cool attack animations that drain souls from enemies. Make them like Fatal Strikes, where we can control their occurrences and chance of activation, and I'm sold (this probs won't happen tho hahaha).

Quote :
Arte linking is obviously a customizable Graces/Zestiria A-artes (whoo boy DylDawg's gonna hate this shit lol), and the "certain condition with Arte linking" part sounds like Tempest's system. So much possibility! Can I triple chain Sword Rain for Sword Rain: Omega please?

I know I'm going to put jumping or lunging arte in X button for sure. It's just weird otherwise.

Actually, the main gripe I've always had with Graces and Zesty is the feeling of automation and "perfectly chainable" way the trees are. I feel like positioning and experimentation are downplayed for A-Artes. But with Bearsy being able to customize the arte tree with any kind of arte, it may open up experimentation and such again.

I still prefer normal attacks, but this is free-er than the static and fixed trees we have in Graces and Zesty and that's already a plus for me. Also that certain conditions thing is making me curious as well.

I'm actually kinda interested in this game. Not cause of the setting and characters (which still give me a try-hard feel. Rokuro is one nice design at least), but with the battle system. It's has some Ys-ish elements, which I like.

It's giving me a bit of Vesperia excitedness. And that's a good thing.

P.S. I'm currently playing Zestiria, and even if it's slowly boring me, I have to give credit to it and recent Tales. I'm enjoying playing as the spellcasters. Rowen was great in X1 English, and blasting spells as the Seraphim is quite nice. Too bad they got gimped for Sorry, Rooser, and FUSIONBROKEN.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 10:56 pm

ShivKH wrote:
English Info on Rok and Eleanor I like the dynamic between Rok and Lauphicet, Eleanor seems like a pleasant character, love that she uses a spear.

Battle System Info The Soul Gauge system and new artes link system seems interesting. I do wonder if bosses will get cheap late game instead of challenging have things that drain soul and give themselves a whole lot, which might be fine if you can counter with a strategy.

World Info Get to see some of the non-human Malak, and other Misc. facts
Thank you SO much for the links! The images there are of good quality. Smile
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMSat Feb 27, 2016 9:55 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Dude, we played Ys Seven and MoC. Those games mad ethe shoulder buttons very frequent with Flash Guard hahaha.I I would have to play it to actually get a grasp of guarding like this, but I have no qualms so far with it.
Yeaaah, no. As much as I really love Ys Seven, that L+R button for guarding is really retarded lol. I'm really glad MoC changed the control layout AND you can customize it. Square is always the button for guarding for me.

Hopefully we can fully customize the button layout for Berseria; iirc Zestiria has it because I'm pretty sure I had Martial Arte on Circle and Hidden Arte on X.

DylDawg wrote:
I don't mind this so far, have to see it in action first though. It sounds like it (hopefully) adds a layer of resource management I like in the TP games. It makes you a bit careful now, since I also think you can lose souls.

Also, there better be cool attack animations that drain souls from enemies. Make them like Fatal Strikes, where we can control their occurrences and chance of activation, and I'm sold (this probs won't happen tho hahaha).
Yeah Fatal Strikes man, seriously need that back if only for the dynamic camera action. Bamco should probably get CC2 to help with this cuz seriously the stuff in Naruto UNS is perfectly applicable to Tales battle system.

I don't mind the implementation of the system per se, I think it's rather cool mechanics that encourages you to plan your moves since using arte at zero soul point might make you suffer from "Weapon Spark" kind of effect. But they didn't say you can't use arte at zero soul point, so there might be situation where it's either beneficial to rush in or stay back.

What I have problem with though is the term. Do they really need to create new name for every iteration of almost similar mechanic plus a few tweaks?

DylDawg wrote:
Actually, the main gripe I've always had with Graces and Zesty is the feeling of automation and "perfectly chainable" way the trees are. I feel like positioning and experimentation are downplayed for A-Artes. But with Bearsy being able to customize the arte tree with any kind of arte, it may open up experimentation and such again.

I still prefer normal attacks, but this is free-er than the static and fixed trees we have in Graces and Zesty and that's already a plus for me. Also that certain conditions thing is making me curious as well.
Haha I jest, but yeah autopilot. In the other games, you have multiple choice of action for different situation. Like after an arte makes you airborne, you can follow up with another aerial arte or ground yourself with a "crush enemy to ground" arte. But in Zesty and Graces, it does feel like they're subtly forcing you to play the game the way they want it to be. I do feel Berseria's arte linking system is still rather limited since it's set beforehand, but at least you can change it in battle by opening up the menu.

I really do hope they make the "linking arte in certain condition" thing actually remarkable and as a homage to previous game. Something like a one-man Link Arte, where if you follow up Swallow Kick with Rising Phoenix, it becomes Swallow Phoenix instead. Or Tiger Bladex3 > Rending Tiger Blade then another Tiger Blade into DRAGON DEMON CHAOS
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Mar 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 B16a326e

New updates the character here is ''Magileux'' ,possibly a party member, and this little thing is named ''Bienphu''
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMThu Mar 10, 2016 7:24 pm

AHHHHHH FLOW is doing the theme. I'm more hype now.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaMFri Mar 11, 2016 3:05 am

So both of the next big AAA JRPGs have a witch character covered in diamonds huh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 8 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next