Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)

Go down 
+35
Naoshi
Abicion
Juanblue85
Tsuki
Zwei.0
King Cat the Sixth
DylDawg
Bo Staff Katana
TalesofHysteria
Harbinger
Venom
Samaël
Rainstorm
Crystal Power
fateoffate
swordandshield
Dcrigg
Falcom
Yume Hanabi
Tenshigami
Suikoden
AzureEdge
Slivendiferious
BlazingFiddlesticks
Lloyzerdk
Taiyz
Yumi-Yumi
Dracos
Zacewing
Meowzy
Hasta_Extermi
Txn
DreamSword
cutepresea
Moontoon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Tales of Berseria...? I think its time we have an actual word title again.

Kind of with Meowzy, ridiculously derivative. Not to mention that poor costume is about to snap. Bizarre, not something I would head my game with.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 9:45 pm

I am reminded of a certain fanfic somehow....

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 Ebony_9101

I'm excited about a new tales game.

I'm excited about pirates.

I am not excited about goth pirate Milla.

I am not excited about Tales of Xillia IV: Milla returns.

I'm with Meowzy on this one, I want a mothership title with a new graphics engine.

They better add in a buttload of costumes and color scheme variations to make playing this bearable.

edit: at least the new title card looks awesome.

Last edited by Slivendiferious on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 9:48 pm

@The stuff up there about main characters: The reason they're saying things like "first sole/single/etc female main character" (directly translating 初の単独女性主人公 from the Japanese articles) is to differentiate Velvet from Milla who shared the title with Jude. It's the first time in the series the lead protagonist is a female who doesn't share the title with a male.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 11:13 pm

Yeah, the problem with it looking too close to Milla is because the graphics engine looks exactly the same. If it, say, change to Vesperia-style cell-shading again, she wouldn't look so color-swapped. I mean, we all know Flynn is Guy with armor.

Velvet's cape is still badass though. Such feral.

And I just noticed, is her right leg's greave supposed to allude to the legendary pirate pepleg, or it's just unbalanced design yet again? Would be nice to have a character with prosthesis, better yet if said prosthesis is the magical type that can be launched for literal flying kick, but that's dumb so ignore it.

Also, can we do away with Linking mechanic this time around?
Back to top Go down
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 11:28 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
And I just noticed, is her right leg's greave supposed to be the legendary pirate pepleg, or it's just unbalanced design yet again? Would be nice to have a character with prosthesis, better yet if said prosthesis can transform into leg-cannon, but that's pretty dumb.
I'm pretty sure that's just asymmetrical clothing/armour.

Also, can we do away with Linking mechanic this time around?
I think the linking mechanic was exclusive to Xillia. Xillia 2 had it because it was a direct sequel.
At least I hope that's the case. It was all right, but I didn't care much for it.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 11:32 pm

I'll be extremely honest.

When I saw the tittle, I thought it was a small spin-off or whatsoever that would be released on a console I do not own.

I'm genuinely surprised. I guess I shouldn't judge a Tales of games by its tittle...?
Back to top Go down
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 11:39 pm

That reminds me, I forgot to mention:

I'm a little sceptical about how fast this was announced.
When I read the title of the thread I thought "This can't be real, right?"
Zestiria just came out in Japan a few months ago and isn't out in the west yet,
and there's already a new game announced?
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 12:07 am

Yumi-Yumi wrote:
That reminds me, I forgot to mention:

I'm a little sceptical about how fast this was announced.
When I read the title of the thread I thought "This can't be real, right?"
Zestiria just came out in Japan a few months ago and isn't out in the west yet,
and there's already a new game announced?

To be fair tales of vesperia and hearts were released in the same year and then graces the next year.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 4:41 am

Look I'm not the only one who stuck two screenshots next to each other!

Yeah, the problem with it looking too close to Milla is because the graphics engine looks exactly the same. If it, say, change to Vesperia-style cell-shading again, she wouldn't look so color-swapped. I mean, we all know Flynn is Guy with armor.
Yes, exactly! Like I said, that graphic style already overstayed its welcome for Zestiria and now they're using it again? Did they run out of creative juices to create something new? I mean, if they're aiming for PS4, this is the perfect opportunity to try something new that can exploit the PS4 capabilities (but still be toned down for PS3).
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 8:49 am

And I just noticed, is her right leg's greave supposed to allude to the legendary pirate pepleg, or it's just unbalanced design yet again? Would be nice to have a character with prosthesis, better yet if said prosthesis is the magical type that can be launched for literal flying kick
I need this in my Tales games.

Velvet Aifread? pirat

I wonder if this will be like Windwaker in terms of the overworld.
please be like Skies of Arcadia, please be like Skies of Arcadia, please be like Skies of Arcadia

I sure as hell hope they won't recycle Aladhi Seahaven yet again.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 9:10 am

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Velvet Aifread. I hope it's gonna be Velvet Aifread. They even left out Velvet's last name in the reveal.

Wait, what was Sorey's last name again.

Slivendiferious wrote:
And I just noticed, is her right leg's greave supposed to allude to the legendary pirate pepleg, or it's just unbalanced design yet again? Would be nice to have a character with prosthesis, better yet if said prosthesis is the magical type that can be launched for literal flying kick
I need this in my Tales games.
Think of all the possibilities! Long-ranged Swallow Dance! Remote Senel-style Talon Storm + Sword Rain!

Yumi-Yumi wrote:
I think the linking mechanic was exclusive to Xillia. Xillia 2 had it because it was a direct sequel.
At least I hope that's the case. It was all right, but I didn't care much for it.
It's also exist in Zestiria I think, albeit not as prominent as in Xillia. It was all right, yeah, brilliant even if I may say so, but I'd like a new mechanic this time around. Hopefully not something that needs more than one character to work it because it limits the number of solo fight we could get (or limits the thing you could do in solo fight).
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 10:10 am

Wait, what was Sorey's last name again.
It's "Sorey Not-Sorey" iirc. ;)

Think of all the possibilities! Long-ranged Swallow Dance! Remote Senel-style Talon Storm + Sword Rain!
I know, right? Man, I should draw this. This is a crazy awesome idea.
I really, really hope they implement this as her fighting style.

Screw cutlasses and blunderbusses, this pirate lass should be fighting with her grapnel-peg-leg-cannon.
Aerial Regal Coolidge incoming

edit: no idea who made this, but Derman over at Abyssal Chronicles linked this:
https://i.imgur.com/TGdo9DO.png
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 11:56 am

It's about time we get a real Eggbear MC after that Eternia beta.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Meowzy wrote:
Look I'm not the only one who stuck two screenshots next to each other!

I wonder if that means that we'll get a Milla or Rutee (again) costume lol
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Harbinger wrote:
I'll be extremely honest.

When I saw the tittle, I thought it was a small spin-off or whatsoever that would be released on a console I do not own.

I'm genuinely surprised. I guess I shouldn't judge a Tales of games by its tittle...?

No, you shouldn't. Vesperia's wasn't great either. This premise sounds really interesting. Twisted Evil

Oh, and I just had a thought for PS3 owners. Don't expect a PS3 version in the West in 2016 or 2017 necessarily, particularly physical.

Last edited by TalesofHysteria on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 3:30 pm

I was afraid to say this before, but...
Is it wrong to hope for girlslove-vibes here?

I mean, Graces and Vesperia had some BL-vibes, no doubt.
And I was thinking because we have a female MC...

Nah, but it's probably too early to make any assumptions or hope for anything.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 3:37 pm

There were BL vibes in Vesperia? Where? .....Is it Cumore? It's Cumore, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Meowzy wrote:
There were BL vibes in Vesperia? Where? .....Is it Cumore? It's Cumore, isn't it?

I wish.
No, I was thinking more of Yuri and Flynn.
Maybe that's just me though.
It's been a while.
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm incredibly happy we're still getting this on console. The Japanese market is in horrible shape and Xillia 2 and Zestiria didn't do amazingly.

Zestiria being PS3-only is a really bad idea for the West but starting with Beseria the good momentum of Western Tales sales might start picking up again.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 4:14 pm

Meowzy wrote:
Hadn't thought of Cumore myself...

Good choice.

I was racking my brain over all the possibilities.

BL:
Yuri, Flynn
Kratos, Yuan
Lloyd, Zelos

GL:
Estelle, Rita
Emil, Marta
Back to top Go down
Yumi-Yumi

Yumi-Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:

I was racking my brain over all the possibilities.

BL:
Yuri, Flynn
Kratos, Yuan
Lloyd, Zelos

GL:
Estelle, Rita
Emil, Marta

Don't forget Asbel and Richard.
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Since this has become a point of discussion Suspect  No , I'll just say that imo there are no real gay undertones in Tales. Japan is a deeply conservative country and Tales of is very mainstream. Boy meets girl or nothing at all.

Come on guys, get hyped for Berseria and the Tales series transitioning to current-gen. cheers Everything could have been going mobile instead the way Japan is going. Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 41355646  So rejoice. Twisted Evil Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Yumi-Yumi wrote:
I was afraid to say this before, but...
Is it wrong to hope for girlslove-vibes here?
Nah, after Zesty with the canon bl, I'm expecting something gl from this.

also @ Vesperia BL discussion:
http://suguelya.tumblr.com/post/109120026070

EDIT:
TalesofHysteria wrote:
Since this has become a point of discussion Suspect  No , I'll just say that imo there are no real gay undertones in Tales. Japan is a deeply conservative country and Tales of is very mainstream. Boy meets girl or nothing at all.
lmao, if you believe that don't play Zestiria.
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 4:51 pm

[quote="Dei"]
Yumi-Yumi wrote:

EDIT:
TalesofHysteria wrote:
lmao, if you believe that don't play Zestiria.

So I've heard...but from people who considered Vesperia to have them. But hey, if you want something enough I guess you see it everywhere. Razz

Anyways, not sure how that would discourage me from playing Zestiria if it actually has them, but without spoiling myself I'm doubting it if it's anything like Yuri and Flynn.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jun 07, 2015 4:53 pm

TalesofHysteria wrote:
Anyways, not sure how that would discourage me from playing Zestiria if it actually has them, but without spoiling myself I'm doubting it if it's anything like Yuri and Flynn.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next