HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 E3 2015 Megathread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zacewing

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:28 pm

So since E3 is just around the corner, I figured now would be a good time for the yearly megathread for sharing news, trailers, announcements, predictions, etc. Especially since some developers are releasing some of their E3 material early.

Speaking of which, Ninja Theory has released their E3 trailer for Hellblade. Looks pretty promising, cautiously optimistic on this one.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
avatar

Posts : 345
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 31
Location : Katy, TX

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:53 pm

According to IGN, Retro Studios is teasing an E3 appearance. Really hoping for a new Metroid. Other than that, I just want release dates for Dengeki Bunko and Tales of Zestiria (unless Oct. 16th is confirmed). I am not quite into the next generation of gaming (WiiU aside) and probably won't buy a new console until the Tales series jumps exclusively to PS4.

_________________
"Only the living have the privilege of saying they'll fight to the last breath. Words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man." ~ Raven
Frosting is the magic that turns muffins into cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi-Yumi

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:03 pm

What systems is Hellblade for anyway?

I'm planning to buy a PS4 already, I'm currently saving for it, but I won't be able to get one until early next year.

_________________

original art by いえすぱ
signature image created by KeeletheMan


"Come at me scrub lord, I'm ripped!"
--Ross O'Donovan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacewing

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:10 pm

It's PS4 and PC.

Also, there was a 3DS Hyrule Warriors trailer leak, but the video was made private when I tried to find it again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi-Yumi

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:20 pm

OH MY GOD, you mean I could actually play Hyrule Warriors!?
Is it a port or a downgrade or whatever?

_________________

original art by いえすぱ
signature image created by KeeletheMan


"Come at me scrub lord, I'm ripped!"
--Ross O'Donovan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
avatar

Posts : 345
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 31
Location : Katy, TX

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:29 pm

It looked like a direct port. I really enjoy Hyrule Warriors, but probably not enough to double dip, unless it had some feature where I could exchange save data between my 3Ds and WiiU.

_________________
"Only the living have the privilege of saying they'll fight to the last breath. Words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man." ~ Raven
Frosting is the magic that turns muffins into cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacewing

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Yeah it seems like a direct port with a couple 3DS-exclusive features. It'll probably be New 3DS exclusive, because amiibos.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Txn
You > Evil
avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 29
Location : ¡Festejando en 30 segundos!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Zacewing wrote:
Yeah it seems like a direct port with a couple 3DS-exclusive features.
Like playable Tetra and King Daphnes from Wind Waker. YES THE BOAT KING! One of his attack IS transforming into the King of Red Lions. Also, Tetra using a sword and gun.

There's an image going around with Sonic dressed as Link as a playable character by scanning Sonic amiibo.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi-Yumi

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Zacewing wrote:
It'll probably be New 3DS exclusive, because amiibos.

Ah, sh*t, dammit... I despise the New 3DS.
Because they're gonna move on to that console and I'll be left in the dust because I don't have much money.
And I don't even care about amiibos.

_________________

original art by いえすぱ
signature image created by KeeletheMan


"Come at me scrub lord, I'm ripped!"
--Ross O'Donovan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naoshi

avatar

Posts : 158
Join date : 2014-04-03
Location : Waiting for my snow day.

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:31 pm

We might get announcement for Roy for smash and hoping for release date for Fire Emblem IF.

_________________
()__() This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Help bunny gain world domination.
(")_(") Copy and paste bunny into your signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YWzjCCbM4 here's the Hyrule Warriors 3DS trailer, but it doesn't seem to be advertising any Amiibo stuff and the boxart doesn't say New Nintendo 3DS on it. The important thing is that you can transfer Tetra and the Red Lion to the Wii U version, but I'm curious if your Wii U DLC will transfer to the 3DS.

Also there's no such thing as being optimistic for a Ninja Theory game, on any level. They had three chances and they blew them all on button-mashing tripe.


Also before anybody gets confused like most of the internet, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst is still Mirror's Edge 2, but they renamed it because it's a prequel or a reboot and not a direct sequel (the teaser footage we've seen features Faith getting her eye tattoo after all.)

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi-Yumi

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Taiyz wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YWzjCCbM4 here's the Hyrule Warriors 3DS trailer, but it doesn't seem to be advertising any Amiibo stuff and the boxart doesn't say New Nintendo 3DS on it.

Though it seems to be being played on a New 3DS for demonstration, you're right, the game box indicates a regular 3DS game.

Thanks, you have put my mind at ease.

_________________

original art by いえすぱ
signature image created by KeeletheMan


"Come at me scrub lord, I'm ripped!"
--Ross O'Donovan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacewing

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Quote :
Also there's no such thing as being optimistic for a Ninja Theory game, on any level. They had three chances and they blew them all on button-mashing tripe.

Yes, yes, we know how much you hate Ninja Theory. I liked Heavenly Sword, though, and what little I played of Enslaved seemed alright.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi-Yumi

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Zacewing wrote:
Quote :
Also there's no such thing as being optimistic for a Ninja Theory game, on any level. They had three chances and they blew them all on button-mashing tripe.

Yes, yes, we know how much you hate Ninja Theory. I liked Heavenly Sword, though, and what little I played of Enslaved seemed alright.

Though I completely disagree with Ninja Theory's take on Samus and her story, I did enjoy Other M from a gameplay perspective.
And I feel much better about that game now, since I found evidence to convince myself that it can't possibly be canon.

And I liked DMC. Again, from a gameplay perspective.

_________________

original art by いえすぱ
signature image created by KeeletheMan


"Come at me scrub lord, I'm ripped!"
--Ross O'Donovan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:43 am

Other M was by Team Ninja which is a completely separate company (they make Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive and are owned by Tecmo, who also own Omega Force, the Hyrule Warriors guys,) but they had nothing to do with the story, that was entirely the "masterwork" of Yoshio Sakamoto, a guy given FAR too much control over the Metroid license just because he's the only Metroid co-creator still working at Nintendo.

And what evidence did you find specifically? I remember reading something about that but I can't remember the details.


Then again Ninja Theory was also responsible for DmC's story and characterizations, so it's not like they're much better. Have you played the real DMC games? The only acceptable quality of DmC is the visual style of the game world itself, it's a shame they wasted that concept of the world trying to kill you.


On a more positive note, who else wants Hyrule Warriors Amiibos? At the very least for the characters that are in Smash as well. I want that Spinner but I'm not a big enough fan of the Smash Amiibos to get one of the Link ones.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi-Yumi

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Huh, looks like I got confusef.

According to official data, Samus in Other M is much shorter than in any other game in the series.
I can edit this post with more detailed info once I'm back on my computer, but basically, in Other M she is 5 feet something, while in other games she is easily over 6 feet tall.
Her official weight also implies that she is muscular or at least well-toned.
EDIT: She is 6'3'' in most games, but 5'1'' in Other M. She weighs 198lbs without her power suit. According to BMI, that makes her slightly overweight for her height and approximate age. But since she is acrobatic and surely wouldn't let herself go, considering her profession, it would make sense to attribute that extra weight to muscle mass.

I have played all 4 original series DMC games and I loved them.

_________________

original art by いえすぱ
signature image created by KeeletheMan


"Come at me scrub lord, I'm ripped!"
--Ross O'Donovan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

avatar

Posts : 336
Join date : 2014-02-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 pm

E3 just makes me think of the gaming hovel I've gotten myself into by have no interest in the current consoles; I've got a PC, but have not dabbled in the PC genres very heavily yet, still have other Steam games to finish. The only things I really want to see are Star Wars: Battlefield, Star Fox U (Yeaaaaah), and the Zestiria Steam listing being legitimate.

Metroid will be fine; Miyamoto has brought back Pikmin and Star Fox seemingly through sheer willpower. A series that has actually had a million seller in the past decade should not be too hard.
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Yumi-Yumi wrote:
Huh, looks like I got confusef.

According to official data, Samus in Other M is much shorter than in any other game in the series.
I can edit this post with more detailed info once I'm back on my computer, but basically, in Other M she is 5 feet something, while in other games she is easily over 6 feet tall.
Her official weight also implies that she is muscular or at least well-toned.
EDIT: She is 6'3'' in most games, but 5'1'' in Other M. She weighs 198lbs without her power suit. According to BMI, that makes her slightly overweight for her height and approximate age. But since she is acrobatic and surely wouldn't let herself go, considering her profession, it would make sense to attribute that extra weight to muscle mass.
That's why I want them to make a beat-'em-up of some sort with her in the Zero Suit. There are all those ending images where she's chilling at a space bar or looking out at the galaxy, she looks very feminine from a modern standpoint without looking like a whore, why not have her hunt some alien bounties on the surface of a planet where power suits might be considered uncouth or even illegal? But instead they focused on wah wah woman save me from ridley cry cry thebaby thebaby thebaby.

She's supposed to be like an amazon, also. I dig her appearance in Smash 4 and pre-Other M/Brawl, and I don't want that to change, but I also want them to emphasize that she is physically very strong (and tall) without the suit.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi-Yumi

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Yumi-Yumi wrote:
Huh, looks like I got confusef.

According to official data, Samus in Other M is much shorter than in any other game in the series.
I can edit this post with more detailed info once I'm back on my computer, but basically, in Other M she is 5 feet something, while in other games she is easily over 6 feet tall.
Her official weight also implies that she is muscular or at least well-toned.
EDIT: She is 6'3'' in most games, but 5'1'' in Other M. She weighs 198lbs without her power suit. According to BMI, that makes her slightly overweight for her height and approximate age. But since she is acrobatic and surely wouldn't let herself go, considering her profession, it would make sense to attribute that extra weight to muscle mass.
That's why I want them to make a beat-'em-up of some sort with her in the Zero Suit. There are all those ending images where she's chilling at a space bar or looking out at the galaxy, she looks very feminine from a modern standpoint without looking like a whore, why not have her hunt some alien bounties on the surface of a planet where power suits might be considered uncouth or even illegal? But instead they focused on wah wah woman save me from ridley cry cry thebaby thebaby thebaby.

She's supposed to be like an amazon, also. I dig her appearance in Smash 4 and pre-Other M/Brawl, and I don't want that to change, but I also want them to emphasize that she is physically very strong (and tall) without the suit.

All that, agreed.
And also, buff women are awesome.

_________________

original art by いえすぱ
signature image created by KeeletheMan


"Come at me scrub lord, I'm ripped!"
--Ross O'Donovan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
avatar

Posts : 345
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 31
Location : Katy, TX

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:48 pm

So... a couple of new characters have been leaked for Smash Bros.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/13/ryu-and-roy-for-smash-bros-leaked

I like the addition of Roy, but not too interested in Ryu.

_________________
"Only the living have the privilege of saying they'll fight to the last breath. Words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man." ~ Raven
Frosting is the magic that turns muffins into cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm fine with Ryu being in the game, it makes too much sense, but I think he'll be really weird to play without motions.

As an aside, I keep thinking about it...I'm so excited for Hyrule Warriors 3D, I wonder if Nintendo is even gonna announce something that I can get more excited for.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 32
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:03 am

So happy about Roy being back <3<3<3 What a great birthday gift, Nintendo ;w;

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kalsCPXfaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8XIj05irtU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hclKa_jLMY

all the Smash Bros. videos released today. Ryu looks way cooler than he deserves to, IMO. >_>

So...With these characters, now the only ones missing for a complete roster are the Ice Climbers, Pichu, Ivysaur and Squirtle, Snake, Wolf, and Young Link.

That's not bad. I'm aware that it'll never be complete though, because the Ice Climbers allegedly can't work due to 3DS hardware constraints, and I'm sure Konami has absolutely no interest in doing something cool ever again.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
avatar

Posts : 345
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 31
Location : Katy, TX

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Spectating in Smash right now and one of the combatants is Ryu. Is he available already?

_________________
"Only the living have the privilege of saying they'll fight to the last breath. Words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man." ~ Raven
Frosting is the magic that turns muffins into cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol
avatar

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Washi washi suru yo! / GANBA-RUBY!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Yeah, I've heard that all the stuff is available today, but the servers are being hammered so good luck downloading any of it.

There's also a free stage that grabs Miiverse posts cheering for the characters playing in the session.

_________________

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   

Back to top Go down
 
E3 2015 Megathread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: