HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

E3 2015 Megathread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:12 pm

Square-Enix really does serve two masters, doesn't it? Between its own games and Eidos'- it's quite the pincer attack of greatness, certainly, but I dropped out once they switched over to Deus Ex.

Kingdom Hearts III's shooting looks rather sloppy, looks great otherwise. Not sure what to make of Star Ocean 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcom
School Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Square Enix is winning E3 so hard

All-New!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer...I'm pretty sure I died and was resurrected I WANT A RELEASE DATE SO BAD AHHHHHHH

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Samaƫl wrote:
NEW NIER GAME

I AM EXCITED
MORE SUFFERING!

Nier sequel is already great. By Yoko Taro too. More sadness please. Seems like we'll be playing as a Kaine-inspired character. OR YONAH?!?!

KH3 is still a tech demoish state but combat looks KH2-ish with hints of 3D (the wall jumping). Honestly, I though the shooting segments are weird and out of place, but then I remembered Chicken Little lol. KH has always been doing multiple gameplay stuff with their mechanics and such. Hopefully the Osaka team prevails and give us KH2 combat with BBS inspirations.

Sora's new outfit looks weird.

STAR OCEAN 5. 8 Party members in battle. Aiming for 60 FPS (PS4 probs will be able to handle it, PS3 will have dips if they still have 8 members). Better half of the Post Wolf team developers lol. Hyped for this already, Berseria has to step up its game.

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:58 pm

I think this is the first time I've ever been excited for a KH game. KH3 looks great. I'm interested to hear more about Project Setsuna, cause that concept art looked great.

All-New!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:18 pm

I agree about the shooting, I probably won't use it unless necessary anyways, I forgot the shooting mechanic existed in BBS except for the harder boss fights (though I actually liked Aqua's varieties), and I barely use summons but I'm glad these ones look so cool.

I'm liking the look of the combat other than that, KH2-esque with some 3D stuff, A+

I hope that isn't the final battle menu, I'd like if we had the option of making it world themed again, I do understand it's still very much in development though any number of things could become completely different.

I really like how the graphics are looking, it played out nicely!

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:36 pm

E3 has never excited me this much in recent years. The massive resurgence of JRPGs and other Japanese games in the west has really changed things. Even Nintendo has stepped up their game this year.

Funny thing is, in recent years I'd hope for localization announcements that just weren't coming. This year all the localization announcements were already made aside from SO5 but I knew it had to be coming.

Only thing I was disappointed about so far is I kinda wish a lot of the 3DS announcements had been WiiU announcements.

All-New!

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a list of announcements? I'm mostly finding lists of what the author thought was important but I later found out some games were left out :C

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:54 pm

ShivKH wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a list of announcements? I'm mostly finding lists of what the author thought was important but I later found out some games were left out :C
Not perfect, and not exactly what you asked for but best way I could get a round up of e3 announcements in short order:
http://www.siliconera.com/tag/e3-2015/
http://kotaku.com/tag/e3-2015

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
E3 has never excited me this much in recent years. The massive resurgence of JRPGs and other Japanese games in the west has really changed things. Even Nintendo has stepped up their game this year.

I agree with you on the first point, it's kind of nutso, but you're one of the few people I've seen conclude the second without qualifying that Nintendo is moving on to the NX.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:53 pm

That new Fire Emblem x SMT game looks pretty bad. I don't remember there being any JPop idols in either game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:11 pm

I like it. Idols are the new thing. And you even have Hibiki as your profile picture.

I like how Chrom and the FE crew are the Personas/Demons in this spin-off. Too funny.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Gotta say, this E3 really didn't have much impact on me. I definitely agree that this an an E3 for the third parties. Square-Enix brought the surprises (and SO5,) their western devs have some quality titles like Just Cause 3, and Tecmo Koei maintained a consistent level is desirable games. As I said before, DOOM also looks really good, though I've never been as much of a Fallout or Dishonored nerd as everybody else.

The issue is, almost all the games that should've been big surprises were either pre-announced or leaked in a massive way so there was virtually no impact. Also, some games I'm waiting on from Sony were a no-show, like Journey for PS4 and Gravity Rush 2/a remake. Presumably Gravity Rush is gonna be reserved for TGS.

Gotta say, Nintendo was probably the most disappointing of all because they had the most to work with, but instead they delivered exactly what I expected, trailers for games we've been waiting for, for far too long, Fire Emblem games and a Mario, Zelda and a Metroid game that probably nobody wanted in the first place. I mean it's cool that Metroid Prime Hunters 2 has online play but still, I'm seriously disappointed that this is a 3DS game now that Nintendo finally has a goddamn console with two analog sticks.

Note that Paper Mario is not included in the above statement, even after Sticker Star I imagine people wanted another Paper Mario. Mario Tennis however hasn't really been great for a long time.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:30 pm

DylDawg wrote:
I like it. Idols are the new thing. And you even have Hibiki as your profile picture.

I like how Chrom and the FE crew are the Personas/Demons in this spin-off. Too funny.

That's exactly the problem, it looks like they threw in Idols just because they're popular. When I think of SMT and FE, the first that comes mind is not Idols, and that's literally the first thing you see in this trailer and the previous one (released on April 1st, oddly enough). Plus it doesn't help that we still don't know how the game plays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Well if you think of Fe and SMT, then yeah idols are the last thing that would come to mind. I'd like to think that this is more on Atlus' take given the FE characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA_rlrhGg5E

Very short Prologue footage of Cold Steel. iirc Sara's S-Craft is named differently in Japanese, "Omega Eclair" or something. Seems XSeed likes to literally translate the craft names like Sky's (Estelle's Pummel and Barrage) lol.

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:54 am

Capcoms booth is pretty impressive https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHpJGk4WsAAP4cb.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 am

In the background you can see Mega Man cutting himself.

Edit: Finally got time to watch the Federation Force trailer. I apologize for making fun of Metroid Prime Hunters, Federation Force is an abortion, like Nintendo was trying to out-shit Other M (which is impossible but they got as close as they could.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm glad that the Gears of War Ultimate Edition is coming to PC. I was thinking of hunting down a copy of the original PC version, but now I don't have to.

FE x SMT got shown today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGwLy6eAZpE

The characters you summon are called Performas. Laughing So this game is basically another Persona game with FE characters. I'm not liking the fanservice with the female characters, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:42 pm

Prinny wrote:
The characters you summon are called Performas. Laughing So this game is basically another Persona game with FE characters. I'm not liking the fanservice with the female characters, though.
That's pretty funny. Also I like that the game is based on *entertainment* not just idols. It's kinda like Samurai Flamenco with personas.

Also the jiggle physics do feel out of place but I'm not complainin'.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:01 am

The Last Guardian, FFVIII remake, and (sort of) Shenmue III were beautiful to see. Best E3 in many years.

...Well except for Nintendo.

||||Zestiria for PS4 ||||
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 pm

I was hoping for some surprises from Nintendo, but they didn't deliver at all. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Nintendo really shit the bed this year. Sony basically "won" by default.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 pm

This makes me feel a bit sad, though.

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:47 pm

I don't think people didn't like Nintendo's E3 presentations because they lacked violent videogames. Its just the games they showed were not very good, or they were just games we already knew about. Nothing they showed really made me feel confident about my WiiU and 3DS. Most of the games are either being released near the end of 2015, or at an unknown date in 2016. Next week the new Yoshi game comes out in Europe. I'm in North America, and I have to wait almost 4 months for it to come out here. Mario Maker comes out in September, so that leaves 3 months with no new games on the Wii U at all.

The 3DS is even worse. At this point, Nintendo is not releasing any games on the system for the rest of the year. Any new releases are coming from 3rd parties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 pm

So basically typical Nintendo. A slow trickle of anticipated releases years apart from one another. Rodea's like the only serious third-party game coming out for the Wii U for ages.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 2015 Megathread   

Back to top Go down

E3 2015 Megathread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: