Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strike/Technical

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emil12345

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 9:39 am

I was kinda wondering how the Strike/Technical system works. I know that artes are affected but I am wondering what you do to raise the strike/technical thing.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm

It's the ex skills.

They're either technical or strike ex skills. The more you have of a certain kind, the faster your character will lean to one of the sides. I believe each ex skill mentions which kind it is with a little initial.

There are also a single technical and a single strike ring, which you can equip on a character to have them lean more towards a certain side.

If the ex skills balance each other out, your character's S-T bar will stay in place.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 1:43 pm

And when the S/T is balanced will they learn both versions of a particular ex skill like if Lloyd learns Sword Rain can she learn both Sword Rain Alpha AND Sonic Sword Rain?
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 pm

You can only learn one branch of artes, whether they are strike artes or tech artes, unless you use the tech-glitch, which other people can mention. I don't know if the tech glitch has been removed or not. Regardless, taking Lloyd for example, if you learn fierce demon fang (the second level of the base arte demon fang), then you won't learn double demon fang. However, you can learn the tech-branch of a particular base arte and the strike-branch of a different base arte.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Ha, you wish!

Ex skills and artes/ techs are very different things.

Ex skills are those things which you can set with ex gems.
Techs and artes are what you learn through arte/tech usage and level ups, depending on which ex skills you have (more on the T or more on the S side).

You can't actually learn both arte variations in most cases. It's kind of possible through the tech glitch, but even then you can't learn both of the strongest versions of each arte.

Artes are infinitely relearnable by just battling though, so you don't have to worry about missing any.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 3:25 pm

I see, so I'll have to wait until I beat the game the first time to get what I missed.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 4:01 pm

not at all.

Every time you fight a battle, the T-S value of your character is altered according to your ex-skills.

Get them all the way to the other side, keep them there, delete all your T or S artes and fight a couple of battles. You should see your character learn the other artes really quickly.

I believe a character can learn multiple ones per battle even.

Luck is a factor. Characters with a higher LCK stat (Reset every time you rest at an inn or relog the game), have higher chances to learn new artes (or relearn old ones).
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 5:05 pm

What Sliv said is correct. If you learn all your T-type artes for example, and then reset to S-type artes, you will learn the second level S-type artes fairly quickly. However, you will need to get the usage up on the second level artes to learn the third level artes. Part of the fun, imo, is figuring what type of techs you want for each character. Sadly, it has been some time since I have played the game, but I know that I have a mix of S-type artes and T-type artes with Genis.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 6:05 pm

I can add that S-techs/artes are generally meant for single targets while T-techs/artes are generally meant for multiple targets.

Contrast Lloyd's Omega Tempest and Psi Tempest for example.

Sheena is an exception I guess, since her "Absolute" seals will always lower the stats of those who are hit and didn't guard, while the "Pinion" seals only have a chance of that happening (but more of a stat drop to compensate? I'm not sure).
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 10:24 pm

As for what Sliv said about the best ways to affect your characters' S/T dispositions, by far the best way to do it is with the Technical Ring and Strike Ring that are equippable to the accessories slot for a character. You can find both rings on the Sylvarant field map in one of those little chests; the T ring is near the Tower of Mana, and the S ring is near the Balacruf Mausoleum (hidden in a foresty area iirc). Once you equip them, it won't work right away. That character's disposition to T/S changes so much after a battle, so you have to do a few battles first before you see results.

And the second best way to do it is to go to your EX Skills menu and make sure that any skills you have equipped aren't set to the one that you don't want to get. If it's something really desirable like Lloyd's Personal skill (which is S type), for instance, you can unequip it until you get him to T type, and then re-equip it again once you're satisfied with him learning T type techs.

I -believe- cooking and/or tension also have a tiiiny factor in affecting S/T type disposition, but if it does, it's very minor, so the best solution is to get the rings or change your EX skills to get it the way you want.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Emil12345

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaMWed Feb 12, 2014 2:13 am

In other words, if you're lucky, you can get all the artes for one character in one go.

I hope Chronicles does not have a trophy for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strike/Technical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike/Technical   Strike/Technical 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Strike/Technical
Page 1 of 1