HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Suikoden
Tired
avatar

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Studying deep-sea bioluminescence with Dr. Casey.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Fick: Mood swings galore.

Pos: Appetite is back up and bodily stress is down.

Neg: Mental stress is another thing.

Neg: It's been less than two weeks and I'm already being hit on hardcore. Shouldn't have to tell people what space is. ffs

Fick: Neck pain has been getting worse so I got an appointment with an orthopedist on the 15th.

Pos: Gonna likely go down to NC to see my sister and nephew soon. <3








What in the existential hell did I just read?

Cless Aileron wrote:
Neg: The fact that I feel like this is the only place I'm more willing to say some things in regards to controversial topics because I have no true allegiance to this place. That way, it's probably easier to expect the worst & absorb the hate coming my way (especially the things I say pretty much inviting an invitation).
Hate and constructive criticism are two different things. Allow me to show you some constructive criticism.

Cless Aileron wrote:
I could list the fact that the USA finally made gay marriage a nation wide law. It's one small improvement compared to a lot of shit load of shitty problems this country has. To put it this way, it's not like I like my country. I know every other country hates the USA for this reason. Sure, we're not a third world country, but it still doesn't mean we're not a horrible country. Patriotism is for morons and the USA is the prime example of that. So why don't just move to Canada or something? I'm not exactly in a position to actually do something like that.
Correction: Modern day patriotism is hot garbage. It's nothing more than a tool to sway the masses.

Patriotism used to simply be the love you had for your country. It had nothing to do with loving what made your country better than others. It used to be a love centered around the fundamentals onto which our country was founded and the efforts that were behind it.

Cless Aileron wrote:
So why the whole anti-USA stance I'm feeling right now? Let's just say the Ferguson crisis that happened last year pretty much triggered it. It just the USA is a fuckin' racist country! We're a country that don't treat our black people with dignity. (For the record, this is a post being made by a half-white, half Filipino guy). Yeah, we have people saying they're complaining for nothing which is a bunch of bullcrap thanks to the media's manipulation of people's thoughts. Let's not forget there was that black guy that was choke hold to death by the police ("Can't breathe" became the phrase associated with that), and recently, a racist decided to gun down an entire black church. This country is unwilling to talk about the racism surrounding our country!
Every country has racism dude. America has an issue with firearms being too easily distributed to the public. There are no efficient psychological evaluations in place went it comes to obtaining a gun permit. Hence why we get all these screwed up shootings. You can thank the NRA and systemic political corruption for the lack of any effort to change that.

America has an issue with how news is distributed. Things are filtered in such a way that negative things get priority over what should be shown. Instead of talking about the coming together of all ethnicities to solve all this crap they prioritize more violent shit to fuel the masses. I'm not devaluing the tragedies of all these terrible events by any means it's just simply positivity is not once brought to the forefront.

There is no solution. There is only idiocy. That's how major news outlets decide to perpetrate things.

Case in point: Ever since Ferguson I've been seeing the way news stations intentionally zoom in on picket signs saying "Black lives matter!" to which I say is fucking stupid. All lives should matter.

Cless Aileron wrote:
Since I mentioned it, the police has been unnecessarily equipped like they're the second or third military! It's very excessive and another thing Ferguson exposed about the shittiness of the USA.
99% of police stations haven't changed how equipped they are and that 1% is only for places coming down off the high of riots and shit.

Cless Aileron wrote:
Then we have people whining about those so-called social justice warriors. You know what? These people should be respected since they're the ones calling out the bullcrap in society. Yes, Tumblr is associated with so much of them but hey, it's better than being associated with emoness like Livejournal was.
So idiots like Anita Sarkeesian and Jonathan McIntosh should be respected? SJW's are a prime example of transparency, toxicity and hypocrisy - none of which deserve any modicum of reverence.

http://www.rooshv.com/what-is-a-social-justice-warrior-sjw

Amid the hypersensitivity horseshit around the Confederate Flag SJW's are the ones getting shit like this pulled from both online retailers and retailers irl. Simply because the Confederate Flag is on it.



They have no context behind The Dukes of Hazard and they sure as shit don't have any context on Southern identity. Neither of which here promote racism. Don't believe me? Watch some clips of the show on Youtube.

Cless Aileron wrote:
Now, in regards to the politics. I feel like I should never criticize the liberal because they're more progressive than those damn conservative ruining the country by throwing money around & shoving the bible in people's faces. Honestly, I think my mind has been ruined to the point that I feel like I'm kind of person that would now disown a child if he or she dares get into religion. I feel like I would discipline them for going into that rather than getting into science (which answers everything for crying out loud. Religion just fill heads with ignorance)! Besides, it was religion that forced upon the idea that homosexuality was a sin!
Religion also gave us:



   "Do to no one what you yourself dislike."
   —Tobit 4:16

   "Recognize that your neighbor feels as you do, and keep in mind your own dislikes."
   —Sirach 31:15




Our country was founded on religious freedoms. If someone wants to believe in God, Allah or The Flying Spaghetti Monster, let them. If their beliefs empower them to better themselves or even their community, more power to them. I'm not particularly religious myself, but that doesn't stop me from respecting my friends that are.

People who exile someone important in their life merely on the grounds of differing opinions needs to wake the hell up. If the entire world worked like that nothing would get done - nothing would change.

Religious radicalism or extremism is where people should be drawing the line.

Cless Aileron wrote:
A lot of it probably got influenced due to my very liberal friend who have said things like, "Texas is everything wrong & should be bombed out of existence."
Thank god the majority of people don't think like this.

Cless Aileron wrote:
Now out of that current event-esque stuff. I'm very bitter about the topic of nostalgia. It seems like people just want to cling to it so much. Come on, is Space Jam even that good of a movie? I feel like I doubt it. It's not like I'm going to get a boner every time something from my childhood shows up or whatever. Heck, this is the guy that's bitter, thinking his nostalgia is clouding his judgment over Tales of Phantasia.
Opinion does not equal fact. Next time you find yourself amongst people waxing nostalgic just remember that.

I love the movie Drop Dead Fred for it's psychological insights and nostalgia but does that make it a good movie for most? No.

Cless Aileron wrote:
I'm also feeling tired of the gaming drama. You know what? I don't give a f*** about a certain blue robot being dead nor do I care if the company burns in hell. Besides, I'm probably the only person on this planet that wasn't getting boners over the character's reveal in Smash Bros or his Final Smash, etc. Yes, I also feel the same about a certain company that people say decided to commit hara-kiri on themselves (in other words, I don't fuckin' care the company killed themselves).
Quite frankly it sounds as if you need to take a step back and realize most media is all about sensationalism. The best kind of sensationalism is the negative kind after all.

Cless Aileron wrote:
I know, I already offended people over what I said in regards to what I had to say here before I even posted it. I feel like I have to get it off my chest and embrace getting hated & my own negativity.
Stating your opinions will always bet met with both voiced agreements and objections. To which you should embrace both. Look for what is sound and learn from it - positive or negative.

Cless Aileron wrote:
Feels like it's better to be negative & informed than to be ignorant & happy. Maybe I had to say it just to show how ignorant I really am.
You're calling yourself informed one minute and ignorant the next. That leaves me confused.

Cless Aileron wrote:
Also, why can't I just follow the bandwagon for once?
Why would you want to jump onto a bandwagon? To do so shows a person has no thought process of their own. You mentioned why can't you just follow the bandwagon for once, my question to do you is this, why start now? You show the potential to be the very opposite. Which in my opinion, is the much more sensible route.


You need one of these.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naoshi

avatar

Posts : 158
Join date : 2014-04-03
Location : Waiting for my snow day.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 pm

I will help you, Suikiwiden to hug Cless Aileron!


_________________
()__() This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Help bunny gain world domination.
(")_(") Copy and paste bunny into your signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cless Aileron

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2014-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:45 pm

I guess my little moment of snapping wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Though, I think there's few things I need to get into details about since some of them doesn't satisfy me in, "snapping out of it".

Suikiwiden wrote:
Cless Aileron wrote:
So why the whole anti-USA stance I'm feeling right now? Let's just say the Ferguson crisis that happened last year pretty much triggered it. It just the USA is a fuckin' racist country! We're a country that don't treat our black people with dignity. (For the record, this is a post being made by a half-white, half Filipino guy). Yeah, we have people saying they're complaining for nothing which is a bunch of bullcrap thanks to the media's manipulation of people's thoughts. Let's not forget there was that black guy that was choke hold to death by the police ("Can't breathe" became the phrase associated with that), and recently, a racist decided to gun down an entire black church. This country is unwilling to talk about the racism surrounding our country!
Every country has racism dude. America has an issue with firearms being too easily distributed to the public. There are no efficient psychological evaluations in place went it comes to obtaining a gun permit. Hence why we get all these screwed up shootings. You can thank the NRA and systemic political corruption for the lack of any effort to change that.

America has an issue with how news is distributed. Things are filtered in such a way that negative things get priority over what should be shown. Instead of talking about the coming together of all ethnicities to solve all this crap they prioritize more violent shit to fuel the masses. I'm not devaluing the tragedies of all these terrible events by any means it's just simply positivity is not once brought to the forefront.

There is no solution. There is only idiocy. That's how major news outlets decide to perpetrate things.

Case in point: Ever since Ferguson I've been seeing the way news stations intentionally zoom in on picket signs saying "Black lives matter!" to which I say is fucking stupid. All lives should matter.

A lot of that does come off as, "I should have known that myself." (Every country has racism part and the media). Other parts, I still feel like I have yet to be convinced.

In regards to the "All lives should matter" part, I'm still thinking when hearing that, it still doesn't really emphasize how blacks are not really treated properly. I'm also reminded with stuff on how every time people think of a person without any description, they're immediately thinking of someone white, if not a white male. (It's why I even made that disclosure that I'm part white, part Filipino. I feel like the half Asian side of me should know better.) I'm also feeling like, "People will cry more over their blue robot than they would over a black kid getting killed." I'm probably manipulated on that part due to not really knowing these social issues. Stuff like, "You never really think that, yes, it's societal disadvantage!" or "A divide in the different classes."

Quote :
Cless Aileron wrote:
Then we have people whining about those so-called social justice warriors. You know what? These people should be respected since they're the ones calling out the bullcrap in society. Yes, Tumblr is associated with so much of them but hey, it's better than being associated with emoness like Livejournal was.
So idiots like Anita Sarkeesian and Jonathan McIntosh should be respected? SJW's are a prime example of transparency, toxicity and hypocrisy - none of which deserve any modicum of reverence.

http://www.rooshv.com/what-is-a-social-justice-warrior-sjw

Amid the hypersensitivity horseshit around the Confederate Flag SJW's are the ones getting shit like this pulled from both online retailers and retailers irl. Simply because the Confederate Flag is on it.



They have no context behind The Dukes of Hazard and they sure as shit don't have any context on Southern identity. Neither of which here promote racism. Don't believe me? Watch some clips of the show on Youtube.

I have been convinced that social justice warrior was some immature name for the people that probably want to put their fingers to their ears & go "La, la, la, la, I can't hear you!" in regards to bringing up concerns about certain social issues (portrayal of women & all that).

In fact, I got myself thinking that people act that way in regards to Anita because of bringing that stuff up.

Quote :
Cless Aileron wrote:
I'm also feeling tired of the gaming drama. You know what? I don't give a f*** about a certain blue robot being dead nor do I care if the company burns in hell. Besides, I'm probably the only person on this planet that wasn't getting boners over the character's reveal in Smash Bros or his Final Smash, etc. Yes, I also feel the same about a certain company that people say decided to commit hara-kiri on themselves (in other words, I don't fuckin' care the company killed themselves).
Quite frankly it sounds as if you need to take a step back and realize most media is all about sensationalism. The best kind of sensationalism is the negative kind after all.

That's true. I guess it doesn't help that the fans get in on all the sensationalism.

(To be quite frank, this is why I have a hard time taking fans seriously. Maybe that's why I'm bitter about it. Not to mention, the fact that I even reference that character up there in this post in regards to a supposed race issue. The part where I remarked that, "They would cry more over their blue robot than they would over a black kid getting killed".)

Quote :
Cless Aileron wrote:
Feels like it's better to be negative & informed than to be ignorant & happy. Maybe I had to say it just to show how ignorant I really am.
You're calling yourself informed one minute and ignorant the next. That leaves me confused.

Reading over this one, I actually get how confusing that sounds.

What I was trying to get here is that it feels more like if you're going to be more informed, you're going to have to be negative. If you're going to end up being happy, you're going to have to end up ignorant. I guess I put too much into being happy that I consider myself more ignorant. For those reasons, if I have to decide to be either negative or positive, I'm better off being negative just so I can be more informed. Especially since I don't know jack about these social issues.

Quote :
Cless Aileron wrote:
Also, why can't I just follow the bandwagon for once?
Why would you want to jump onto a bandwagon? To do so shows a person has no thought process of their own. You mentioned why can't you just follow the bandwagon for once, my question to do you is this, why start now? You show the potential to be the very opposite. Which in my opinion, is the much more sensible route.

It came down to, "I don't know jack, even when thinking for myself." I am the guy that didn't see Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as this piece of crap like everyone else does or the fact that I didn't find the third act of Tales of Vesperia a piece of crap like everyone else has. In both of those cases, I feel like I'm not being critical enough over those things as well as social issues. Oh, and crying over a damn blue robot.

In other words, I feel like I don't elevate my expectations enough and demand better.
---
Also, I feel like I'm pressured into letting it all out all because, "It's not healthy bottling it all up." In that instant, I really felt like I had to let it all out (like my previous post).

P.S. Edit: In regards to my remark about how I don't have much of an allegiance here, it's also to say it's easier for people to take me down without feeling like they're going to coddle me and make it sound like I'm the greatest person in the world or something with no real justification.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacewing

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:16 am

Pos: Heavensward has been pretty great.
Neg: The last episode of Blood Blockade Battlefront was delayed to next week, I am furious
Fick: I've done a lot of thinking lately, and I've come to the conclusion that I identify as non-binary in some form. Transitioning is a little bit daunting.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Shreveport, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:24 am

As a black guy myself, I don't think I have ever experienced racism that I was ever aware of. Not when I lived in California for much of my life, nor where I live now (Shreveport, Louisiana). To be  honest, I really don't think about racism at all, even though I am in the deep souf and black...
I also have zero interest in watching news, for the same reasons Suikiwiden stated.
Although, even with the issues this country has, it is the only one I'd live in right now. Wink

Anyway...
Neg: My 6 year old router has been acting weird, so I had to buy a new one -____-
Fick: Spent too much money on hobbies again.
Pos: Got one of my PS4 controllers to pair to my desktop, so now I can play games without a longass USB cable now.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
avatar

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 26
Location : Netherlands, The

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Neg: Is anyone of you by chance hoarding the secret to time travel?

Because it would really help me if it became public knowledge right around now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Neg: Is anyone of you by chance hoarding the secret to time travel?

Because it would really help me if it became public knowledge right around now.
Uh oh, sounds like your exam didn't go so well?

Pos: Walked to work today!

Neg: all the construction down my street can go to hell. I shouldn't have to zig zag across the west and east sides of the street several times just to go north.

Neg: Really having a bad day. It's maybe not particularly horrible exactly. I've had worse, but I'm stressed out and it feels like Murphy's Law is in full swing today. With every new thing going wrong I'm getting more and more frustrated.

I cannot wait to be home...

Pos: Lloyd figure arrived in the mail!

Neg: ...to my parents house because hell NO I wasn't gonna let it sit in the hallway of the apt building. Unfortunately my parents decided to go off to Wisconsin because my sister was going to be there, so the package wasn't delivered because no one was home. The post office is now holding it hostage until I pick it up, but I currently have no way to get there before it closes today. I'll have to see if I can get a ride to the post office during lunch break tomorrow.

Pos: started watching Noragami yesterday (since season 2 was announced) and it is awesome.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
avatar

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 26
Location : Netherlands, The

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Uh oh, sounds like your exam didn't go so well?
Today's been one big cluster actually :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Tenshigami wrote:
Uh oh, sounds like your exam didn't go so well?
Today's been one big cluster actually Sad
One big cluster of what? Exams?! O_O;;;;;;;

Neg: finale of Kekkai Sensen delayed until FURTHER NOTICE, now...

Pos: Aside from the crazy-ass construction on my street, walking to work the last couple days has been somewhat... how should I put it, therapeutic? In the 40ish minute walk I've let my mind wander, and rather than despair over the problems I still face, I've been calmly considering what I should do to solve them.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
avatar

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 26
Location : Netherlands, The

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 pm

One big clusterf***.

I didn't want to swear.

I'm just so, so, soooooo exhausted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired
avatar

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Studying deep-sea bioluminescence with Dr. Casey.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Pos: There needs to be a holiday made in honor of Dr. Casey.

Thank you for being so awesome!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Shreveport, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 am

Fick: Logged onto this fourm a few minutes ago from my phone and it said my account was locked due to suspicious activity. Had to enter a captcha to unlock it... Wat Suspect

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
avatar

Posts : 783
Join date : 2014-02-04
Age : 24
Location : In Maki Kawaguchi's

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:01 am

Pos: Watched the original 1954 Japanese version of Godzilla (Gojira) in class last week. My eyes were glued to the screen and I would have never thought that the Godzilla that I cheered on for fighting monsters when I was a kid was actually a metaphor to the horrors and destruction nuclear tech caused and represent.

Loved it. Might be the best Horror Monster film I've seen.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zacewing

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:38 am

Neg: I'm 1000% done with school atm
Neg: My friend in Toronto keeps trying to make it down to see me, but he has a busy work schedule and his parents keep making plans for the family without telling him
Pos: Started watching Cowboy Bebop
Fick: Holy hell why didn't I start watching it sooner

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Fick: Anime Expo 2015 is this weekend, and some of my friends are going, but not me. I had been much too focused on other, incredibly important things to make plans to fly out there. Oh well, there's always next year.

Neg: Finished Noragami and now I can't wait for season 2.

Pos: There you are, confidence. Where the hell were you last week?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lloyzerdk

avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Pos. Finished watching all of Steven Universe there is right now, so I'm all caught up for StevenBomb3 in two weeks.

Neg. Now I'm super bored. I feel like I could be using my time better to prepare myself for the future or somesuch, but I dunno where to start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Lloyzerdk wrote:
Neg. Now I'm super bored. I feel like I could be using my time better to prepare myself for the future or somesuch, but I dunno where to start.
As someone who's been down that road (hell, still travelling it) and stared down that wall of "where do I even start?" myself, I'll give you the best advice I can here.

Step back. See the whole picture? Everything you need to do to get moving towards your future? If so, good. If not, still good as you'll have time to discover anything missing along the way.

With all that before you, now pick something. Anything - doesn't matter what, just do it. Maybe you'll start doubting that you're doing things in the right order - it doesn't matter, just do it. Set things in motion. Move forward. You'll thank yourself later.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lloyzerdk

avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:19 pm

I think I just need a hobby apart from playing games and surfing the web, with a hint of bike-riding every now and then. Something I could enjoy while honing skills for potential jobs. I'd like to get a job in a game industry, so maybe I should do something there. I write game scripts for gamefaqs and edit wikis, so maybe I could contribute to fan-game or fan-translation projects. I don't know Japanese, but it's probably not necessary for editing text that's already been translated. I'm not sure if I could create a game all by myself like some indie devs. A task like that just seems incredibly daunting to me atm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired
avatar

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Studying deep-sea bioluminescence with Dr. Casey.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Pos: Today I learned I'm an INFJ. I was amazed at how spot-on it is for me and I really feel like I've gotten a better look into myself.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Suikiwiden wrote:
Pos: Today I learned I'm an INFJ. I was amazed at how spot-on it is for me and I really feel like I've gotten a better look into myself.
Huh. My best friend is an INFJ too. Helps explain why both you and he are so awesome. Wink

I remember having a similar reaction to finding out what my personality type was, "Holy crap that explains so much." I believe I already made a post about it at the time, but I myself am an ISFJ.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired
avatar

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Studying deep-sea bioluminescence with Dr. Casey.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:34 pm

Neg: I've been relegated to having to use heatwraps on my neck everyday.

Tenshigami wrote:
Huh. My best friend is an INFJ too. Helps explain why both you and he are so awesome. Wink
Oh wow I showed a friend of mine the Myers-Briggs test last night and he got ISFJ.

Tenshigami wrote:
I remember having a similar reaction to finding out what my personality type was, "Holy crap that explains so much." I believe I already made a post about it at the time, but I myself am an ISFJ.
You definitely are an ISFJ! Very Happy

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

avatar

Posts : 336
Join date : 2014-02-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:53 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Pos: Watched the original 1954 Japanese version of Godzilla (Gojira) in class last week. My eyes were glued to the screen and I would have never thought that the Godzilla that I cheered on for fighting monsters when I was a kid was actually a metaphor to the horrors and destruction nuclear tech caused and represent.

Loved it. Might be the best Horror Monster film I've seen.

Yeah, the rest of the series is basically a running joke by comparison. Loved that 2014 actually wanted to make you afraid of these things again.

Funny enough, my Dad loves TCM, and he would call for me whenever the American version came on, even though he could never sit through more than half of either of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Where monsters rampage, etc

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Pos: Landlord came over today and fixed not only a couple power outlets in the bedroom, but also fixed the phone jack in the dining area, as well as added another phone jack near the back of the living room area.

Having everything hooked up via cat5 instead of wireless: SOON™. Once that's done I can finally stream games if/when I want to. Assuming anyone ever wants to watch, of course.

Neg: Monoprice is out of 15ft HDMI cables, so I will have to hold off on the whole order of cables until they have them back in stock. I currently need:

4 30ft Cat5e Ethernet cables
1 25ft Cat5e Ethernet cable
1 3ft power cord extension for the modem
5 15ft HDMI cables (currently out of stock, ETA 7/17)

If I wait, I can get free shipping. If I buy everything else and then buy the HDMI cables later I won't get free shipping on either order as there's a $50 minimum purchase for free shipping.

EDIT: I'd also need a capture card to stream most systems. I've been holding off on buying one since at the time I couldn't really stream anyway if I bought one.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired
avatar

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Studying deep-sea bioluminescence with Dr. Casey.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Maryland pride man. Don't even care that it's been raining while we're outside.




_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samaël
Kamen Rider
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Positive: Finally got an UR in Love Live after a year of playing
Negative: Heavensward, more like tear-my-heart-out-ward

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   

Back to top Go down
 
Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: