Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

Go down 
+41
GhostAnime
Silver Forte
Roadie
SRMS
Bo Staff Katana
Venom
King Cat the Sixth
Prinny
fateoffate
Moontoon
Falcom
Dracos
Rainstorm
Tenshigami
Harbinger
DylDawg
VanSensei
Prochainezo
Chosen Zelos
Arn
DoubleL
Samaël
Taiyz
HotFire
TalesofHysteria
Lloyzerdk
Slivendiferious
Dr. Casey
Suikoden
Jean
pupu
BlazingFiddlesticks
Naoshi
Cless Aileron
Grim
RoyFarrite
AzureEdge
Txn
Yumi-Yumi
Zacewing
Psypher
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMThu Sep 24, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm on Ultros. O:

Negative: So my now ex roommate came into my apartment last night and stole all of my food. Changed the locks on the door this morning and am going to leave all of his shit on on the porch. If he wants his bed and couch he has to call the landlady and she'll have the maintenance guy let him in and supervise him while he gets his stuff. If I ever see him again I'm going to kick him in the balls.

EDIT: Packed up all his shit and threw it on the porch. His room was disgusting. He's been smoking in there and I don't even want to mention what was under his bed............
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMFri Sep 25, 2015 9:43 am

Samaël wrote:
Negative: So my now ex roommate came into my apartment last night and stole all of my food. Changed the locks on the door this morning and am going to leave all of his shit on on the porch. If he wants his bed and couch he has to call the landlady and she'll have the maintenance guy let him in and supervise him while he gets his stuff. If I ever see him again I'm going to kick him in the balls.
Wow wtf! Is he an ex roommate because of that or was it something that happened before that? O_o

Fick: So I wound up going solo the past two nights in TERA Online. We were supposed to have another TERA game night last night but it was cancelled.

Go figure I play TERA completely different from how I used to play MMORPGs several years ago. I'm not even trying to, but I've avoided the whole social aspect of it aside from being in a party and a voice chat on Tuesday with people from a community I'm familiar with. The last two days I've just made a B-line from objective to objective, ignoring everyone around me completely except when determining which mobs to attack (only the ones that aren't taken).

I was kind of afraid of this. What's the point of playing an MMO if I'm avoiding interacting with other people?

Maybe I should have picked a class that was harder to solo. I'm a lv16 (or maybe 17 now) Slayer, and I've not died ONCE (though I did come close last night) nor have I used an item to heal aside from random drops that heal you immediately upon picking them up.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 am

Tenshigami wrote:
Samaël wrote:
Wow wtf! Is he an ex roommate because of that or was it something that happened before that? O_o
Ex roommate for the following reasons

-brought his friends over all the fucking time. they would always sit on the porch and smoke while leaving the front door open
-said friends would also stay the night for weeks on end
-refused to listen to me or my sister... or the landlady
-constantly ate all of our food without asking
-stole my work tablet and then blamed it on his friend'd girlfriend when he gave it back because he realised if I didn't get it back I'd be fired and thus we'd loose the apartment
-lost his job and didn't tell anyone until a few days ago
-smoked in his bedroom
-stole a bottle of vodka from me

He tried getting back in the other day claiming he left his phone here, which was a bunch of bullshit. I completely lost it on him and threatened to call the police if he didn't leave.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSat Sep 26, 2015 10:46 am

Samaël wrote:
Tenshigami wrote:
Samaël wrote:
Ex roommate for the following reasons

-brought his friends over all the fucking time. they would always sit on the porch and smoke while leaving the front door open
-said friends would also stay the night for weeks on end
-refused to listen to me or my sister... or the landlady
-constantly ate all of our food without asking
-stole my work tablet and then blamed it on his friend'd girlfriend when he gave it back because he realised if I didn't get it back I'd be fired and thus we'd loose the apartment
-lost his job and didn't tell anyone until a few days ago
-smoked in his bedroom
-stole a bottle of vodka from me

He tried getting back in the other day claiming he left his phone here, which was a bunch of bullshit. I completely lost it on him and threatened to call the police if he didn't leave.
I remember the tablet incident now and honestly just that would have been enough. But everything else? Holy shit. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMMon Sep 28, 2015 12:24 am

AHAH so he came back again today trying to get his couch

Decided to make fun of me and misgender me even though he knows I'm trans

So I shut the door in his face

If he wants the rest of his shit he's gonna have to call the landlady. I ain't letting him in here without supervision from them.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMMon Sep 28, 2015 1:47 am

Fick:
After years of refusing to make a facebook account, I caved and did it. Halp me.
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMThu Oct 01, 2015 4:59 am

Neg: The hurricane is looking like it will hit category 4 and by the time it hits near here it will likely be a 1.

[spoilerbox="f***"]Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 Image_zps8nsvkxax[/spoilerbox]
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMThu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 am

^Oh jeez I hope you'll be ok out there!

Wait. Hurricane Joaquin? We're edging closer and closer to Hurricane Dovahkiin.

Fick: I started watching Welcome to the NHK and I'm 4 episodes in. I'm actually surprised by how much the main character ISN'T like me. There are some parallels, but his life is only like mine if all my problems were amplified and like 100 times worse.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMThu Oct 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Welcome to the NHK is a phenomenal show, I keep intending to buy the box set, I never saw it dubbed.

And yes, a lot of westerners joke about being shut-ins, NEETs and hikikomori because of a lot of popular anime (typically featuring a caring sister who is constantly in states of undress,) but I think Welcome to the NHK does a good job of actually representing the psychological traits behind being a shut-in. You also have to think about the cultural aspects which lead to this kind of behavior...I mean look at Japanese apartments, good god.

Also, I hope you weren't trying to relate to the character Tenshi, you're always too hard on yourself. If you want to make yourself feel even better, watch a bit of Chaos;Head, the protagonist lives in a goddamn shipping container on TOP of an apartment building.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMFri Oct 02, 2015 9:51 am

8 episodes in now. Oh my GOOOOD Satou is so pathetic. Just. Tell. The. TRUTH. I can't help but cringe.

Taiyz wrote:
Welcome to the NHK is a phenomenal show, I keep intending to buy the box set, I never saw it dubbed.
I'm sure you could find a copy of the S.A.V.E. Edition even if it has that ugly spine (might have a reversible cover). I myself "acquired" the show some other way <_< >_>

Taiyz wrote:

And yes, a lot of westerners joke about being shut-ins, NEETs and hikikomori because of a lot of popular anime (typically featuring a caring sister who is constantly in states of undress,) but I think Welcome to the NHK does a good job of actually representing the psychological traits behind being a shut-in. You also have to think about the cultural aspects which lead to this kind of behavior...I mean look at Japanese apartments, good god.

Also, I hope you weren't trying to relate to the character Tenshi, you're always too hard on yourself. If you want to make yourself feel even better, watch a bit of Chaos;Head, the protagonist lives in a goddamn shipping container on TOP of an apartment building.
Except that I'm NOT really joking when I say that I'm practically a hikikomori. I'm better than I was but the scary thing is I *can* understand Satou on some level, just much, much less than I thought going in.

Unless I absolutely have to leave the apartment for work or a grocery run, it's often extremely hard to force myself to go outside, though it's more due to lack of motivation than actually being afraid to do so.

I also understand him a bit when he actually does go outside and he freaks out at dark silhouettes of people laughing at him. Again, it's never been on that level for me but I've always had some stupid bullshit fear that random people are silently judging me as I walk by. Even though it's like, why the f*** should I even care if they are, right? I'll hear like, random laughter from a passing car, or people walking by as they're either talking to each other or on their phones, and I've had to tell myself constantly, "They weren't laughing at you. Let it go."

After Satou finally signs the contract and they start Misaki's "Project", as she was describing Satou's social anxiety I was like, "yup, that's me."

In some ways it's actually worse with me than what she describes. When I went to my bank and set up a transfer account so I could pay my rent electronically, I actually thought maybe I had walked away from the counter too soon and they weren't really done and still needed me there to finish setting it up. I imagined them emerging from the back room and looking around like, "Where did he go?..." I freaked out and lost sleep over that - especially the thought that I would have to go back to the bank and OH GOD WHAT IF IT'S THE SAME PEOPLE I WALKED OUT ON WHAT WOULD I EVEN SAY - until the transfer option appeared online.

EDIT: Hoooooooly shit, episode 13.

EDIT EDIT: HOLY BALLS SATOU HAS THE SAME APARTMENT NUMBER AS ME. CREEPY.
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSat Oct 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Pos: Glad this place is still around. Makes me happy.

Fick: So much time gone and passed over these blue pages. Over a decade. For so long, the original forum and here were this strange constant in my life. And now I haven't been here for months and months. And here are so many familiar faces, still living their lives. Still holding onto this constant.

Neg: I think somebody here asked me to send them some of my writing a long time ago? I do no remember who this was. Their message is no longer in my inbox.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSat Oct 03, 2015 10:21 pm

Pos. Bought a PS4 online. Should get here later this week.

Fick. Just finished Metal Gear Solid 4. I got the legacy collection last month and I've played MGS 1-4 since. Great games, even though I wasn't great at them. I'm sad to see the story end with 4 (aside from prequels and spin-offs). I started Peace Walker earlier last month but I gave up to play 4 since I didn't find it that interesting. And with my PS4 coming I probably won't come back to Peace Walker for quite some time.

Fick2. College is starting to get slightly annoying again. It's not that the material is super hard (aside from Calculus), I'm just not very good at studying. I tend to just focus on the homework without really sitting down to read my textbooks carefully. I'm a bit of a slow reader.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSun Oct 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Positive: Pulled 2 URs in LLSIF with 4 gem pulls and a ticket pull. ????????????
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSun Oct 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Neg: ...Wow.

Too early to be pulling that bandaid off, man.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSun Oct 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Samaël wrote:
Positive: Pulled 2 URs in LLSIF with 4 gem pulls and a ticket pull. ????????????

!?!?????

I WOULD KILL FOR THAT
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMMon Oct 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Pos: Holy cow the AMV I'm working on is coming together quite nicely. I started working on it last tuesday and I'm already 40% done, not counting extra editing passes to make adjustments for quality such as removing lip movements when not lip syncing (there is none in this AMV).

This AMV will be spoiler city though, as it's a Puella Magi Madoka Magica video and it's pretty hard not to spoil anything with that unless you only use the first two episodes.

And I'm totally not holding back. This will spoil the ENTIRE SHOW by the time I'm done. It will be for the enjoyment of those that already know what happens.

EDIT 10/06: A day later and I'm nearly done putting together the footage for the second verse. I'll likely be somewhere in the repeat of the chorus after working on it some more tonight.

Good lord this is coming together fast.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMTue Oct 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Pos/Fick: Going to Sardinia tomorrow! If you never see me again, you'll know what happened. Getting kinda nervous about the plane trip ;w;

Neg: My scanner doesn't work with my new computer because Canon won't release drivers for Windows 10. Whyyyyyy~
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMTue Oct 06, 2015 8:06 pm

Fick. Got a 60% on my Calculus II test. Was expecting to do worse honestly.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMTue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Pos : I have 4 interviews in the coming week for internships!

If I perform well I might have a job more stimulating than security guard come January!
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMThu Oct 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Neg: My (F:) drive has been playing hide and seek more and more recently (3 times it disappeared last night) and I can't figure out why. Restarting doesn't work anymore but the tried and true shutdown does? I really don't like having to power cycle to remedy it...

I'll have to poke around in my case and see if something is loose. -_-
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMSun Oct 11, 2015 4:18 am

Pos: Overlord is licensed by YenPress wheeee

Neg: Fan translation of it will stop near December this year. It can't be helped, but I wonder how taptrans (SAO fantranslator) dodge this DMCA issue? Is it because he translates the unlocalized, newer volumes and removing them when they're localized or something?

Fick: but srsly yenpress, i know overlord got an anime and is popular and all, but why dont you also pick up ln that hasnt gotten an anime yet? like mushoku tensei?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMMon Oct 12, 2015 9:22 am

Neg: My thermostat seems to be busted. I have it set all the way down to 50 (it's been set to that since I moved in this summer) and the heaters are warm. WTF.

I was wondering why my apartment was so hot this morning.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMMon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Everytime I saw I'm going to have more time to sign on, I disappear for like weeks, I swear that's not intentional LOL

@Tenshi: That is horrible D: My apartment is ever so slightly boiling because its weird fall weather where its warm but windy so its cold, but I live high up and they've turned off air conditioning, but i feel like you live in a warm state so perhaps you have it much worse, I'm so sorry D: I personally cannot take heat so I can only imagine.

Pos: Semester has been OKAY, trying to keep working hard, due dates have kinda slammed me in the face recently, but I have a reading week this semester (which I am in right now) now, and I'm using it to relax and get caught up for the due dates when I get back

Pos: Really enjoying my research practicum! I actually LOVE digging into the literature and actually running the experiment is thrilling even if I don't feel like I'm doing much I love the fact I'm collecting data for a real study and getting experience to put on my resume. Also love being included on lab discussions and meetings. Sad it'll only be for one semester, I definitely want to do a thesis next year so I'm hoping this prof will take me back on when I ask or I'll find someone equally as great (this prof gives amazing feedback and really wants me to have a good experience from this)

Pos: Thanksgiving really went well, quality time with family, minimal drama, it almost made me feel like old times, didn't quite feel completely safe to let go and just enjoy it, still  scared the drama is hiding around the corner, but it was something and I am well...thankful! So much to be thankful for living in this country, I enjoy reflecting it helps me tune my goals.

Pos: Voter turn-out is looking good so far, keep it up Canada!

Neg: First event as VP social coming up, really hoping it'll go smoothly :s I love the responsibility of being the one responsible for social events in my program I feel like its really character building, I just really don't want to let my peers down.

Pos: The Blue Jays not sucking, yeah I actually like baseball that's a thing, I just have never had a team in the big tournament thing to support (I like it, not exactly a super fun no idea what its called, its some kind of finals LOL) All my Blue Jays merch is from when I was 5....so sad

Pos: very happy year for media, loved Secret Wars, lovin' All-New All-Different Marvel, love Once Upon a Time's directions, loving Agents of Shield and Phase 3 of the MCU shaping up, everything I love is owned by Disney....LOL not complaining love their creative process (well now not that little late 2000's period)

Samael I finished Runaways finally I'm not sure if I ever told you when I completed it, LOVED IT BUT THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING THOUGH? Then Avengers Arena happens and now what has happened to them nothing conclusive only cameos...I'm so glad Nico is joining A-Force and that the Young Avengers were treated better LOL (Why is Wiccan muscly now, these are the serious questions, have you been lifting bro)
Back to top Go down
Cless Aileron

Cless Aileron

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMWed Oct 14, 2015 7:18 am

Neg: Last time I really let loose and vented, I definitely said some political-related things very harshly. I still get those thoughts in my head.

I'm going to go ahead and keep it short this time. I do feel the pressure of being progressive. It's like a part of my mind is refusing to even be progressive.

Then again, I still call myself a moron for not keeping up with politics, current events, issues, etc. and I do feel like I'm around people that just subtly encourages it. Why do I feel unmotivated to inform myself? Isn't this what being a grown up is all about? Being informed is part of being a responsible adult.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaMWed Oct 14, 2015 2:34 pm

^ Only way to break out of that cycle is to question yourself if you truly want to motivate and inform yourself on said topics. It's one thing to assume you should and another to actually want to.

Pos: Earlier this morning I decided to try seeing if I can contact someone I knew back in high school. They sent me a friend request ages ago on MySpace so I'm trying there first. Was really weird logging in and seeing old photos of friends and exes from 7+ years back lol

Anyway, reason I'm doing all this is to branch out and do more social stuff irl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 14 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
Page 14 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next