HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Samaël
Kamen Rider

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:15 am

I haven't played it yet but my sister said she enjoyed it?

Pos: Speaking of Star Ocean, I've had the opening song to Star Ocean: Nemesis on repeat for the last day.
Fick: It snowed
Negative: Need to get winter tires put on my vehicle now

Nephalem

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Venom wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Pos: Finally done with the latest Star Ocean. Yah!

Neg: Such a terrible game Sad
lol is it really that bad? My brother and myself have been thinking about getting it sometime...

Neg: Moving is not going to be fun in the coming months. Sooooo much stuff I am gonna have to pack up before I have to transfer. I guess I'm just gonna have to start early so it isn't as painful when the big day to move out arrives, whenever that is gonna be.

Imagine a Space Battle (ship vs ship). Instead of seeing it animated, it is entirely described through non-moving crew members.

...Let's just say that the game misses the mark on a lot of things.

Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Harbinger wrote:
Imagine a Space Battle (ship vs ship). Instead of seeing it animated, it is entirely described through non-moving crew members.
Of all the stupid shit Star Ocean has done, this right here tops it all. The "No cutscenes, just characters talking while you still retain control of Fidel" idea caused this and was an even stupider idea than the ending to SO3.

What the f*** were they thinking!?

My Mule is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Harbinger wrote:

...Let's just say that the game misses the mark on a lot of things.
... wat
Why?
That makes no sense lol. Maybe when the game is $20 it will be worth it then. Because that sounds like some pretty bad story telling.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:07 am

I haven't played an SO game since The Last Hope... I didn't get too far for whatever reason and wound up selling my X360 version since I needed the money and I was going to eventually get the PS3 version.

pos: my free weekend in a while
neg: all of my next few weekends are going to be super busy bc of wedding prep
fick: only a month and a half until the wedding?? I'm so nervous

Kamen Rider

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:21 pm

I hope your wedding is wonderful, your cake topper is amazing. Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it. ):

Positive: After Manitoba health being a pain in the ass, I finally have a date for my top surgery.

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:56 pm

Samaël wrote:
I hope your wedding is wonderful, your cake topper is amazing. Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it. ):

Positive: After Manitoba health being a pain in the ass, I finally have a date for my top surgery.

Thank you! And no worries, I'll take tons of pics to share. Smile

I'm glad your surgery date is finally set too!

pos: Really enjoying FFXV a lot more than I thought I would. It plays to a lot of my interests.

pos: My kitty was treated for her tapeworms yesterday and she's doing a lot better today.

Tired

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:00 pm

^ Glad to hear your feline is on the mend!

And after 30,000 years of having last posted here I figured 'tis time I speak of recent ventures.

Fick: Went to Cali but left after 7 of the originally planned 9 days. It was...a nightmare. To make a very long story short:

[spoilerbox="Spoiler cuz TMI"]Things got intimate early on during the visit but I was lead on into thinking the other person was into it when they actually weren't. Instead got told the following morning that he wasn't into it as he found out he was gay and only went along with it since I had bee n. Was a huge blow to my self esteem and trust in a relationship. Though I can walk away knowing for a fact his performance was horrible so the joke is on him. Razz

The other crappy thing was how bad his skills as a host were. Had to pay for most of my own meals, instead offering to have my clothes cleaned after swimming in the Pacific and then sitting for days plus his cat pissing on them all I get handed was 2 plastic bags to kept it all in. Had to fly 3000 miles home with some of my clothes likely moldy with cat piss in a big ass plastic bag. The list of other horrible shit goes on but I'll spare those details.[/spoilerbox]

Simply put he was a selfish dude with the mentality of a 16 year old. I came away from my "vacation" with a few pluses though. Got to swim in the ocean, see Santa Monica Pier, saw downtown Disneyland (the lego store was fucking awesome with Dragon Maleficent) and got to meet another online acquaintance who was awesome. While I'm pissed with how I was treated, thankfully I'm not heartbroken over it all. Dodged a bullet.

Pos: This has been cracking me the f*** up for the past 2 days.

Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:16 am

Pos: Finally made the call earlier this week. I didn't say it in the Facebook post, but I'm gonna see if I can get myself back on medication... and maybe some therapy if necessary.

Something I've never brought up on here is that, until I turned 26 and no longer qualified for my parents' health insurance, I was on medication to help me focus in school (due to Aspergers and all) and another, which was an antidepressant. I've been off them ever since, because without health insurance I couldn't afford it as I was making minimum wage at a dead-end job at the time. Fast forward years later and I've had my own health insurance for 5 years, but never bothered to get back on any form of medication. I honestly thought I didn't really need the antidepressant when I stopped taking it, but holy shit the past 3 years have been hell.

I can't continue to keep pretending that if I keep pushing forward by my own power through crippling depression and anxiety that I will some day persevere, without seeking any outside help. It's not going to work because I just can't fucking FUNCTION most of the time.

It's funny. The appointment isn't until next week but I've felt the most at peace since making that call as I have in months. I guess it's because, for the first time in ages, I have a reason to actually feel hopeful instead of horrendously depressed.

Kamen Rider

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:16 am

Fick: So I was diagnosed with ADHD. The last 15 years of my life have finally been explained. Been on medication for it for 2 weeks and it is actually making a difference.
Negative: Still no job and I'm super poor. ):

My Mule is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:44 pm

Neg: Soooo much uncertainty at my job lately, and most news has not been good. Hopefully I can either find a new job soon or get transferred without much issue. I would prefer to find a new job though...

Pos: Got in contact on Discord with a lot of old internet friends from my early days of being on various Ace Combat forums. Good times, good times.

Pos: And Discord completely destroys Skype, along with Steam for chatting purposes. I use it with both internet friends and IRL friends now. Also works great on my phone.

Neg: Speaking of phones, after having my phone for over 2 years, I finally got a crack in my screen. A single crack, just noticeable to be annoying, yet at the same time can be hard to see at certain angles. Still makes me sad though...

Spicy Potato

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Positive: Today's my birthday.

Pos: Got yesterday night off, took my folks out to see Jack Reacher 2 and get Chinese food. The movie was ooookay, but the food was amazing.
Pos: Later going to some bar with my friends to do karaoke and celebrate my bday.
Neg: I'm 28 now ..

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:40 am

Happy birthday, Chosen Zelos!

fick: I should be putting laundry away and getting ready for bed but here I am still playing ffxv

All-New!

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Happy Birthday Chosen Zelos!!!

Hi Roadie!! (: I'm Shiv:) from the old forums!

Pos: Done my finals (and also technically school? I looked at my report and have all my necessary credits, next semester is literally not being used but i guess still part of my degree? and I'm finishing my thesis next semester, which is also showing up as filling no requirements LOL)

Neg: Been really body conscious and November-December had me putting back on weight I lost in September-October, going to try not to worry about it over my holidays so I can enjoy myself and get back to doing what I did before to lose it in the first place and keep it going.

Pos: I am SO ecstatic for solo Iceman and Jean Grey books. I've mentioned numerous times but comics have become really important to me, and they've really helped me through this semester (along with the support of my wonderful friends and siblings). These two books are absolutely amazing ideas with great author choices. And even more so, AMERICA. I cannot wait for this book, smart author choice, amazing premise, and all America Chavez goodness. This spring has some amazing books, I really hope there's some gainful employment in my future. This week also saw the release of Hawkeye starring Kate Bishop, and it was everything I could ever ask for.

Pos: Love is Love has released this week too, its a comic anthology full of pride with the proceeds going to Pulse shooting survivors/family. I am definitely getting the book as soon as I get some money.

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roadie

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:11 am

Rainstorm wrote:
Hi Roadie!! (: I'm Shiv:) from the old forums!

I remember you! Very Happy Hello! It's good to see you again!

Kamen Rider

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Negative: Well my parents and granparents still refuse to call me by my actual name and use the proper pronouns. I've had a pretty shitty time since I came to my parent's house
Positive: Hopefully next year I'll spend it in Japan visiting my sister instead

Nephalem

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Merry X'Mas people!

My Mule is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Merry Christmas to all of you Smile

Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:29 pm

NEG: It doesn't seem to matter WHO it is. If I actually bother to open up to ANYONE and have an ally - someone I can trust and talk to, someone who fucking UNDERSTANDS ME and can provide moral support because I'm FUCKING USELESS without it - if this is someone offline then they will up and FUCKING LEAVE within a few years. Now even my fucking BROTHER may move out of state and become an "internet friend". Apparently life has cursed me to only be connected to the people that actually matter by a fucking computer or phone screen.

I want friends who are actually, physically here. WHY can I not have this? Internet friends are great and all but the distance sucks SO HARD.

f*** this shit. f*** my life. I'm TIRED of this. I HATE THIS SO MUCH.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:05 am

Happy new year from EST.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 am

Happy new year, everyone! May you find happiness I love you

Tensoku Star

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:24 am

Just giving a live signal!! Happy new year and I never forgot you guys!! Still depressive and lost 3 uncles(brothers of my mom) to cancer last year but I'm still going on.

I won't come back yet and I can't promise anything.

Later guys~

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Anyone from the old days still here? >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moontoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:16 pm

There are a few! Hello :3 Also, hello Arn!

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Positive: Finally getting to play a tales game again, for the first time in years.

Negative: Forums don't look too lively. Most aren't, we can thank social networking for that.

Fickracken: Does anyone here even remember what a Fickraken is? Its been literally YEARS! Finding this place is a trip back in time.

For 10 years we've been on our own
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   

Back to top Go down

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: