HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbinger
Nephalem

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:18 am

Just finished watching all 5 (no idea if there's more) Garden of Sinners movies. It was pretty entertaining. The 5th one kind of threw me off my comfort zone for a while.

Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 am

The following is definitely a POS, though I suppose rather than pos/neg/fick I should just be giving these some sort of official title, but still post them here.

TENSHI'S APARTMENT PROGRESS: My brother came over today and helped me fix the desk! We didn't even need to get a new part, he just screwed on what was left and somehow made it work. He then helped me assemble  the rest of my Ikea furniture. Next is getting all my gaming stuff set up, as well as getting internet.

My brother ordered pizza, and we talked, and OMG, I wanted to cry. Not tears of sadness, but of relief, or even joy. I have never had an outpouring of support from ANYONE offline like I got from my brother today.

Tired

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:00 am

Pos: So I was playing Fallout New Vegas a little while ago and I was just wanderin' around the ruins of a hanger. Unbeknownst to me I was walkin' right into a cazador nest and all the while I had forgotten I installed this mod. Right as I got to the hanger entrance this came to say hi...

[spoilerbox="oh god"][/spoilerbox]

Words cannot express how much that scared me as it charged going like 123982138 mph out of nowhere. So epic was that moment that I starting laughing almost to the point of tears. xD

Tenshigami wrote:
The following is definitely a POS, though I suppose rather than pos/neg/fick I should just be giving these some sort of official title, but still post them here.

TENSHI'S APARTMENT PROGRESS: My brother came over today and helped me fix the desk! We didn't even need to get a new part, he just screwed on what was left and somehow made it work. He then helped me assemble  the rest of my Ikea furniture. Next is getting all my gaming stuff set up, as well as getting internet.

My brother ordered pizza, and we talked, and OMG, I wanted to cry. Not tears of sadness, but of relief, or even joy. I have never had an outpouring of support from ANYONE offline like I got from my brother today.

I'm lovin' this new chapter in yer life, Tenshi!

Nephalem

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Mods can be real crazy Razz It makes me want to play it... I stopped playing New Vegas because... I had a game-breaking bug that prevented me from doing an important quest. The character in question was stuck under rocks... real deep. I couldn't even talk to her anymore.

Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 am

Suikiwiden wrote:
I'm lovin' this new chapter in yer life, Tenshi!
As am I, Sui! I haven't played a video game since thursday and I don't even mind! Because I'm doing something BEYOND "Eat, sleep, work, video games." I'm settling in after moving forward. I'm ACCOMPLISHING things! Each thing I've done since saturday has been a new milestone of sorts. How awesome is that?

TENSHI'S APARTMENT PROGRESS: Audio equipment all set up. Surround Right speaker is missing its stand because a leg broke in transit, but I can easily fix it as it just needs a new leg tip pad. Rear speaker is currently not plugged in as I do not have a long enough speaker wire cut nor do I have enough speaker wire left to make one. I predicted I would run into this problem and preemptively ordered more speaker wire from monoprice so I can take care of it.

The Wii U and PS4 are hooked up and in working order, but I need longer HDMI cables. Looks like I have more stuff to order from monoprice!

I haven't purchased internet yet because I'm not sure which road to take - CenturyLink or Comcast. My parents have CenturyLink and their internet sucks, but Comcast is like, the devil of the internet world. So hmmmmm.

So far leaning toward Comcast, and buying my own modem to avoid leasing one for $10 extra a month. (If I buy one it pays for itself in like 8 months.)

School Idol

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:35 am

Pos: Card shit and Umi stuff came in today

Amazing Dawg Idol

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:49 am

Ayaya! Ayaya! Ayaya! Ayaya!

Neg: Getting used again to sleeping late. And I thought summer class will help me recover my sleep sched :p
Fick: I need to save money to spend it later.

School Idol

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:55 am

AYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AYAYA! AYAYA! AYAYA!

Maybe if you stopped messaging me at night and bashing new Tales in the group then maybe you would have more time to study lol

Amazing Dawg Idol

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:01 am

I keep forgetting the timezones man.

Tired

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Neg: I need to play more male toons on WoW because I'm really freaking tired of being hit on. Apparently never stating my gender is enough. Never get bothered on male toons.

Who gives a crap what someone's gender is? Knowing how to play is what SHOULD matter. ffs

Harbinger wrote:
Mods can be real crazy Razz It makes me want to play it... I stopped playing New Vegas because... I had a game-breaking bug that prevented me from doing an important quest. The character in question was stuck under rocks... real deep. I couldn't even talk to her anymore.
With Bethesda games always go PC cuz you can get stuff like this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/?

Trust me it makes a world of a difference.

and there's always the command of player.placeatme <npc ref id> Smile

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:47 pm

ew Sword Fart Online *vomit*

Pos: I don't know how I managed to do it, but I got a B on my Social Inequality midterm. Now I just need to find a way to bullshit my way through the essay and the final...
Neg: Online classes are the death of me. I'm so bad at this...
Pos: I've been hanging out in empty classrooms most days for the past month and I just realized I could use the projectors to watch anime while I do stuff on my laptop. Now I may be able to finally knock some shows off of my backlog...

Quote :
Neg: I need to play more male toons on WoW because I'm really freaking tired of being hit on. Apparently never stating my gender is enough. Never get bothered on male toons.

Welcome to the gaming community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Zacewing wrote:
Welcome to the gaming community.
...I'm very much acquainted with the gaming community. For whatever reason it's gotten worse lately.

All-New!

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Suki that's horrible, I'm so sorry!!!! I expect people to be on all sides of the spectrum when it comes to behaviour its not surprising and yet it always somehow is, how can people be so utterly rude :/ I mean meeting people is all well and good but have some decorum ugh

Neg: Had a big fight with my parents over how they treat me and wanting to have a better communicative relationship with them. They think I hate them now and being at home is uber uncomfortable. It really shook me up the fight, my dad has been quiet this whole time but he really let me have it, and for absolutely no reason he just yelled himself silly and made me feel like a stranger. (Literally said his house instead of this house/our house/literally anything else he's always said it was) When it comes to the whole how exactly are they treating me badly, its complicated and I don't want to violate their privacy too much, just know that they are very difficult to deal with. I don't wanna come off like a saint here, yeah I'm trying to stick up for myself, but maybe I can be less aggressive too, like not trying to fix a problem right when the problem is happening, wait a bit, bring it up later.

Pos: My sister has been a big help recovering from that experience, she went through the same thing (and worse) and she's been amazing. I now have reached the same conclusion as her, its just not mentally or physically safe for me to try to better our relationship while I live at home, I won't try again to better how they treat me or how I can help them out until I can move out. I want to, and I'll do little things, but if I have to spend the next two months solely with them, I'll do whatever I can to keep myself SANE. She told me lots of reassuring things that seemed like common sense but it helps to hear from another person, like I'm not being a terrible person, I'm not -actually- insulting them by trying to voice my own opinion, which they always said we could and should do, that they just aren't good at handling kids when they become adults, their balance goes out the window.

I know they're scared too, getting older isn't fun I'm sure, I want to help them. My sister says they're adults it doesn't excuse how they treat us, which is true, but I still think that if I can somehow make them less scared they won't be as hard to deal with and I don't like seeing them scared and angry. The only way I can think of is better communication pathways, but they refuse to make any changes and me saying something they do makes me uncomfortable or hurts me is disrespectful to the highest degree. For now I'm just done. I'm going to give them the bare minimum, I love them, I want to be with them, but I always feel like a terrible human being after being home for more than 2 days. And I know I'm not.

Sorry so ranty, I always get so ranty, that must get annoying, I need to do this more regularly, pace myself, everyone else has problems too >_<

Pos: my classes are going well <3 Stress ain't gonna get me down

Pos: Research opportunity is lining up nicely, my supervising professor is SUPER accommodating, more than I expected. I thought things would be more stringent but she is very much like so when do you want to do it? Anytime is fine!

Pos: My friends don't suck sometimes

Neg: My hair is an unwieldy beast of a thing, I love that I have hair on my head at all but cheesuz christ

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:54 pm

ShivKH wrote:
Sorry so ranty, I always get so ranty, that must get annoying, I need to do this more regularly, pace myself, everyone else has problems too >_<
Naw Shiv, you're fine. I get it though - I myself have felt pretty guilty about my own constant venting at times.

Now I guess it's my turn to give the same response people gave me: It's ok Shiv, we don't mind at all.

It's what this thread is for - this isn't "Positives and Everything In Between Fickracken". It's "Positives, Negatives, and Everything In Between Fickracken."

Sometimes life can throw a whole lot more negatives at you than positives - trust me, I should know. But don't let that stop you from posting. We won't mind. We want to know how you're doing, Shiv.

All-New!

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Aww thank you so much Tenshi T_T <3 I really really mean that

Sig by KHI graphics team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureEdge
✧Chromatus✧

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:17 pm

+ I'm now involved in my lawschool. Yay!~
- I'm stuck in the courthouse, boringest thing in my life.

Hair Trigger Mage

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 am

@Shiv: np - take care of yourself, man.

TENSHI'S APARTMENT PROGRESS: My brother visited today and showed me how to make a meal with the rice cooker (it's super easy). We also signed me up for internet - 40 Mbps from CenturyLink for $35/mo for 2 years. I don't much care for CenturyLink as it's what my parents have, but this is about FOUR TIMES the speed they get for a price I can't refuse. Comcast in comparison would have been $66/mo for 20 Mbps.

So starting Wednesday I will have access to Reservia from my laptop again, and will also be able to play games with you guys. GONNA NEED SPLATOON SOON, MMMMMM?

My brother and I wrapped things up today with a few rounds of Mario Kart 8. Dear lord now that I have a larger living space, I really need a new TV. This thing is TINY! I'm used to sitting like half the distance away from the screen than I do now.

The last thing I did today was unpack a number of boxes and get things on shelves. My Tales gsme collection and all of my anime are now completely unpacked along with most of my Collector's/Limited Edition games.

School Idol

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:15 am

Zacewing wrote:
ew Sword Fart Online *vomit*.

I found you:

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:10 am

yup dat me

Neg: So my laptop charger just died and I don't think I can afford a new one...

Quilvius

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:04 am

neg: stress
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 am

Pos: I woke up early and am making dark chocolate m&m cookies.

Fick: It's not even 8:30, it's raining, I haven't even turned the oven on, and the AC is on. I love Texas, but sometimes it gets a little warm down here.

Edit: On top of what I wrote above, my wife has a Mickey Mouse Christmas special on Netflix and is reading a Halloween book to our daughter. What is going on?

View user profile
King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:09 am

Pos: Another great WN has been fully translated.

Exerpt from final chapter - The Rise of Shield Hero wrote:
If I think about it, I was just an Otaku college student who was put under false charges, and was thrown penniless into another world. From there,
Spoiler:

This truly is the Rise of the Shield Hero.

And thus, Shieldbro/Mamafumi/Hero of the Pot Lid/severaldozenothernickname shall continue to protect for all eternity. Literally.

Can't wait for the official translation of the LN this September. Looking forward for another take of despair and retribution. Hopefully this gets an anime, but I wonder how they're going to make a certain fittingly delicious punishment to a certain insufferable b**** works for general audience.

Neg: arifureta latest chapter. fuckitty f*** mcfucker god. abduction, ransom, sneak attack, possession, and brainwash. and dumbasses still think that mc is the villain? goddammi- wait no f*** that god too. hajime, i think it's high time to make a gundam now, or at least repair your satellite cannon and genocide meltdown them all.

Seriously, guy just want to return home and don't want to have anything to do with you.

Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Sigh. Almost had a heart attack because of a software update. For a moment, updating Java obliterated my many, many tabs. Thankfully Windows 7 System Restore is kickass and restored the sessionstore-backups files to the way they were before, and I recovered all of them.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suikoden
Tired

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:18 am

Neg: ...Even Fallout 4 news can't persuade me from being mad right now.

Seriously, what the hell.

Neg: Feeling tired, neck hurting all the time and feeling trapped isn't helping things either.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:12 pm

What happened, Sui?

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   

Back to top Go down

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: