Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera Empty
PostSubject: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMWed Oct 21, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm not really far into the game. I was playing with my brother.

We did 4 battles and here are the results:
-> In one of the battle, we couldn't see ourselves.
-> In one of the battle, one of us was out-of-sight.
-> In two of them, it was alright.

I'm surprised that we can't adjust the camera at all Surprised

(I'm not hating on the game btw. I'm just pointing out this rather unpleasant experience. I hope that more open maps aren't going to be like that!)
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMWed Oct 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Yeah the camera becomes a clusterfuck in really tight areas. Not much you can do about it. :/
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMThu Oct 22, 2015 10:14 pm

Umm... I'm able to tinker with the camera when I play with my brother but I'm not able to do it while soloing... I'll check again (right analog)

In the meanwhile, I kind of ship Alisha and Sorey at the moment. I know that it's a bit early, but they are kind of cute together.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMFri Oct 23, 2015 2:41 pm

I don't play multiplayer, but I can say it's going to get worse. There's quite a lot of ruins/labyrinths, and with it comes a lot of tight hallways. Camera is dumb enough to collide with walls (I assume) and close up really near while pointing downwards.

Well, it's not really that big of a problem as everyone makes it out to be, you just have to sidestep out of the way. It is pretty funny though.

What's not funny is obstacles in battlefield. Goddammit I got stuck between a bush and the circle boundary with 5+ Marmots spinning around, that was really frustrating.

Good thing most of the boss fights has a rather large field, only exception so far is the second battle with the fox guy.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMFri Oct 23, 2015 8:50 pm

I play MP mostly with my brother. I need to do what we need to do in Tales of Games... but I also have to focus on the camera. Once it gets ugly, I need to rotate a bit to give us a better view.

Regardless, I think that ToZ is a beautiful game to look at. It doesn't feel awkward like ToX1/2. The music is a huge improvement over ToGs and ToX1/2. The open maps are alright... but I feel that there should have been more exploration and more reward. What's the point of "open" maps if they are blocked all the time by random rocks -_-

I suspect that we'll get the ability to freeze water, break rocks and potentially float a little. It will open up a bit but it's still a shame! Well, I guess I was expecting too much --- it's not Xenoblade.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 am

Yeah the map is rather big but really lacking in features. Early game, the monsters and treasure chests are too far in between, and there's a definite lack of other discoverables(?). Not to mention, traversing the big map can be such a chore to do, especially without other input such as running boost or jumping. You do get a slight boost in speed if you kill monsters after getting Dezel, and there's also some sort of cat hunting like X2's, but the map still feel rather sparse nonetheless.

I seriously need rock breaking feature soon. It's pretty awesome that we got some extra ruins to explore, but having to turn back just as it's starting to get interesting because some rock blocks the passage pains my completionist self. That and Golden Treasure Chest's Key.

Also, those Giganto-esque monsters on the field/ruins. Come on, is it so hard to put a Retry button for those? It's pretty annoying having to load from save and run to them again every time I die. Of course, I should probably not challenge them just yet since they pretty much one-shot me every time, but there are some instances where I managed to get them down to 3/4 HP, so they aren't completely unwinnable. Not having a Retry button is just infuriating.
Back to top Go down
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMThu Oct 29, 2015 7:47 am

I think saying the camera isn't awful is going pretty easy on it. For some reason, the camera trys to always realign and zoom in every time something is between it and its target. It should at least ignore anything in the way during battle and just let the player rotate manually instead of trying to do crazy flips and spins. What really needed to be done is let it ghost through anything and just make anything on the map that isn't floor semi-transparent.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaMThu Oct 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Divinus Fulmen wrote:
What really needed to be done is let it ghost through anything and just make anything on the map that isn't floor semi-transparent.
It should really. Not ghosting through terrain/obstacle is so PS1 era camera.

And I'm not saying it's not awful; it is awful, especially since there's quite a lot of ruins to explore. But it doesn't make the game unplayable as some of the reviews I've read claimed it to be, since you can just sidestep out of the way.

Unless of course there's an obstacle on your way of sidestepping, and that's really god awful. Like my example of getting rekt by the marmots early game that has this spinning attack that breaks guard. If you're stuck between the boundary and a rock while getting swarmed by 4 of them taking turns spinning....but I digress.

I agree that you should be able to rotate the camera manually, maybe L2 + right analog because who the f*** use Free Run in this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera   I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

I finally experienced the in-Battle Camera
Page 1 of 1