Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?

Go down 
+2
King Cat the Sixth
Divinus Fulmen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? Empty
PostSubject: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMFri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm

In the village of Gohdaden, there's an NPC that sounds quite a bit like him. (not saying more, 'cause spoilers)
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMFri Oct 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Hot damn, I thought the voice sounds familiar.

Spoiler:

A little out of topic, but I really like the voice acting in this game so much. Love Mikleo's and Edna's the most, the way their dialogues feel really, what's the opposite word of 'not forced' again? Which is really something because I don't buy into the cutesy kuudere stuff which Edna seems to be before I played the game. But over the course of the game, the snarks feel seriously real, making the character feel alive.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMFri Oct 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Divinus Fulmen

Divinus Fulmen

Location : noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMSat Oct 31, 2015 6:39 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMSat Oct 31, 2015 2:45 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Love Mikleo's and Edna's the most, the way their dialogues feel really, what's the opposite word of 'not forced' again?
Natural. And I agree, whoever voices Sorey, I want to shake that man's hand especially (Alisha's also great but her way of speaking kind of makes her dialogue sound a little forced by its very nature, so she gets a pass by being in-character.) Another honourable mention is Assassin's Creed Syndicate, first time I've seen twins feel like actual twins instead of "two characters who look the same and make obligatory twin jokes."

Edit: I was looking up some other internet-famous voice actors, Kira Buckland is actually the voice of Edna apparently, so I'm not surprised that she stands out. Been following her career since her days on Newgrounds, amazing actress.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMSat Oct 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Sorey's voice oddly reminds me of Tidus (but not in a bad way), but having played the HD ports of the Ratchet & Clank games recently I can tell it's definitely not James Arnold Taylor. His voice sounds very similar in a way though.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMSat Oct 31, 2015 7:50 pm

It's Robbie Daymond, he's been in the new Sailor Moon dub as Tuxedo Mask, and he played Smokey in JoJo and Yuuki's doctor in SAOII. I think we'll be hearing a lot more from him soon.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMSun Nov 01, 2015 7:48 am

Taiyz wrote:
Alisha's also great but her way of speaking kind of makes her dialogue sound a little forced by its very nature, so she gets a pass by being in-character.
It doesn't sound too forced, actually I think her voice sounded exactly what I expected to hear in a localized voice acting (Japanese trope character with English voice has that little awkwardness). It's just that the others' voice acting is too casual and yeah, natural, that hers stood out a little.

Add to the fact that the every party members' dialogue is full of sarcasm with each other (and they pulled it off perfectly) while Alisha being the polite/slow one, she does feel out of place in the party. Especially noticeable in the DLC, no offense, I think it's a good thing she left the party.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMMon Nov 02, 2015 11:54 am

I really love Rose's voice, too. I adored her Japanese performance, it felt very spontaneous and natural, and I feel the English one nailed this perfectly, which makes me very happy because I love Rose. The whole cast is pretty good imo, and the translation's amazing. Best Tales localization to date, imo.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaMMon Nov 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Yume Hanabi wrote:
I really love Rose's voice, too. I adored her Japanese performance, it felt very spontaneous and natural, and I feel the English one nailed this perfectly, which makes me very happy because I love Rose. The whole cast is pretty good imo, and the translation's amazing. Best Tales localization to date, imo.
I agree about the translation, it is pretty great. They didn't down tone any of the Sorey/Mikleo stuff, which I'm really happy about.

The voices are great, and I'm really glad they didn't reuse any VAs from the previous games for the main cast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?   Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Does Little Kuriboh VA in this game?
Page 1 of 1