Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Protomen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SRMS

SRMS

The Protomen Empty
PostSubject: The Protomen   The Protomen 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 7:31 am

The Protomen Act2_nopeople_small
If you haven't heard of them, they are best known for their concept albums base on the first six Megaman games. For those of you not familiar with the term "Concept Album", I had to look it up, it basically means that all the songs in the album come together to form a single overall theme or unified story.

In The Protomen's case, their albums tell a story. Their first Album The Protomen centers around Megaman and his creator and father Dr. Light. Megaman can't understand why the people of the city don't rise up against the tyrannical Dr. Wily, he wants to show them that they can fight. Dr. Light only wants to protect his Son from a battle he knows can't be won.

Their second album, Act II:The Father of Death, serves as a prequel to the first album, telling how the world fell to Wily and Lights part in it all. It also tells the story of Joe, a young man raised under Wily's rule and his struggle against the robots. This is probably the more emotional album, "The State vs. Thomas Light" never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

I am not sure I am the best at selling things, but if you haven't heard them before give them a shot! You won't regret it. You can find all of their stuff on Youtube.

The lyrics book for their albums include written pieces that reveal story elements not evident in the song's lyrics. So if you are interested, it really does add a bit to the experience.

For those of you that have heard them, or any that took my advice and gave them a listen, whats your favorite track? Favorite Album? Are you looking forward to Act III?
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

The Protomen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Protomen   The Protomen 07v2DaMSun Feb 16, 2014 4:04 pm

LIGHT UP THE NIGHT
THERE IS A CITY THAT THIS DARKNESS CAN'T HIDE
THERE ARE THE EMBERS OF FIRE THAT'S GONE OUT
BUT I CAN STILL FEEL THE THE HEAT ON MY SKIN

Jeez, I love the Protomen way more than should be appropriate. They're goofy and over the top as all get out, and their concerts are some of the most fun I've ever had. I still like Act 1 quite a bit, though it hasn't aged so well from my more excitable and nerdy teen years. Act 2 is just a bundle of good times though.

I'm also a big fan of their live Queen album, though listening to it makes me feel like I should be listening to actual Queen instead of being a turbo nerd tool bag. But whatever!

Back to top Go down
SRMS

SRMS

The Protomen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Protomen   The Protomen 07v2DaMSun Feb 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Their Queen album is pretty damn great! You certainly aren't a turbo nerd toolbag, and if you are, take solace in the fact that there is at least one other.

I agree with you about Act I, its definitely the weaker of the two albums but it still has its charms.
Their music is great, but I think what really makes them for me is just how into it they all are! I have yet to catch them live, but even through the album you can tell just how much energy they put into their music. They are going to be performing on the Warped Tour this year and, while I am not much for the concert scene, I might have to brave the Warped waters just to catch them.

Act II is a definite favorite with "Keep Quite" being my favorite track, "Breaking Out" being a close second. I just love Joe, his every word screams rebel and badass. It connects with my inner rebellious youth, the motor cycle just completes the image.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Protomen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Protomen   The Protomen 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

The Protomen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Music-
Jump to: