Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Fates (If)

Go down 
+7
Taiyz
Bo Staff Katana
Prochainezo
Prinny
Falcom
Moontoon
Samaël
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Prinny wrote:
GAF thread is up. LOTS of good info there. Should answer everyone's questions. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186046

Is looking through this going to spoil anything?
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 8:28 pm

The support logs exist for PoR. English RD lacks actual support convos(while other versions boast them)and simply just recite PoR's convos if you have unlocked them and transferred the data.

As for my comment earlier, I realize 'niche' was an off term. More like a target audience this series seems to be inching toward.

This specific game may be a spin-off, but I do see the main series learning well from stuff like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE&index=4&list=FL2OkQ3zbFWSnrwd8vnl5ZlQ

Ironically, FExSMT is apparently bombing in Japan. So much for that idol archetype.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Oh that's super charming. Good job Atlus!
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Celestial Phoenix wrote:

Ironically, FExSMT is apparently bombing in Japan. So much for that idol archetype.

I don't understand what Atlus was thinking when they made that game. There's barely any gameplay elements from each game. All the supposed SMT elements are actually from Persona 3 and 4 (which are technically not SMT games, thanks Atlus USA), and the only gameplay element from Fire Emblem is the weapon strengths and weaknesses system. Neither game series has idols, so I don't know where that came from. People who bought the game said the idols don't feel tacked on, and they're actually a major part of the game. I wish Atlus was more upfront about what changed so people wouldn't be so pissed off about it.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 19, 2016 4:09 pm

That's the thing though. Back when that game was suspected vaporware and before the actual gameplay trailer, there was no real idea behind the game - remember that first reveal trailer? Yeah. Well, Atlus didn't have much of a vision on such a collaboration, so the idol archetype with the game's musicals, which is at most a very Japanese fad was put into a collab of two game series not known for well...idols. It working or not, apparently this turned both fanbases off. Plus this spin-off is on Wii U, a console which has not built up a reputation for JRPGs. Based on the presentation of the game, the collab was pretty much a bust; like oil and water and likely using fanservice and other rather generic character archetypes fans are familiar with to keep it afloat.

Also is it me or are Japanese review sites pretty much unreliable with the amount of insecurity in what's good and bad? There are actually a lot of mixed reviews on this game. It has to be the fanboys. It's almost like a chan forum.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Well that's the thing though, reviews shouldn't be influenced by whether the player is a fan of SMT or Fire Emblem, it should be reviewed by an RPG fan.

The problem when you do crossovers is that people don't expect a lot from the game itself, they want to buy it just because of the licenses. If the game doesn't do the licenses justice, it won't sell. I get the impression that the game itself is good, but it should have been an original project instead of tacking on different franchise's namesakes.

Maybe the game would've succeeded if it was just an SMT spinoff that was advertised as involving idols in the first place, like Shin Megami Tensei: Devil's Live! or something, and not been released on the third-party holocaust that is a Nintendo console.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Feb 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Celestial Phoenix wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE&index=4&list=FL2OkQ3zbFWSnrwd8vnl5ZlQ

Sometimes I just have to ask myself, "What the hell did I just watch?". Anyway, I ended up picking up both Birthright and Conquest yesterday. The GameStop employee talked me into it, telling me that I only had a week or two to buy the second game at a discounted price. I am pretty sure that is false. It was something I had strongly considered anyway, so nothing lost. I don't think he was doing anything nefarious. I really think he was just misinformed. I haven't had much time with the game so far, but I am pretty excited for it. Still going to play through Birthright first.

Bonus: My 300th post. I feel important!
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 1:32 am

You should have just bought one of the games and bought the second "path" (as the Fire Emblem website calls it) for $20 as DLC. The DLC is not shared between carts, so you have to buy Revelations (and the map packs) separately for each game.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 5:38 am

Gotta love Nintendo's backwards concept of 3DS DLC by disconnecting it from the eShop, it really feels like you don't own anything you bought with your own money. Final Fantasy Explorers has an issue where you can only redeem its pre-order DLC once for a single save file, presumably just because their redemption option isn't on the title screen.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 11:04 am

@Prinny: I am sorry if I didn't explain well. I bought a physical copy of Birthright and bought a DLC code for Conquest. It's all one game. I didn't get screwed over or anything.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 2:18 pm

So, I just started Conquest and I have a question about pairings. No, it's not about which pairing is the OTP or the cutest together.

I assume the children works like in Awakening? As in they inherit the last skill slot from the parent?

If so, what pairings will breed galeforce babies army? Or at least some tips on feasible children that won't be too crippled because I paired parents that have high magical ability for physical oriented children.

Also, really hating on the support system already. I like it more when two bros can march together mowing down everything in their path but now I have to split them up to do any substantial damage. But ehh, I can probably tolerate that after a while.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 3:23 pm

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
So, I just started Conquest and I have a question about pairings. No, it's not about which pairing is the OTP or the cutest together.

I assume the children works like in Awakening? As in they inherit the last skill slot from the parent?

If so, what pairings will breed galeforce babies army? Or at least some tips on feasible children that won't be too crippled because I paired parents that have high magical ability for physical oriented children.

Also, really hating on the support system already. I like it more when two bros can march together mowing down everything in their path but now I have to split them up to do any substantial damage. But ehh, I can probably tolerate that after a while.
Yes, they inherit the last skill. And yes you can still pass Demoiselle to a male unit despite also learning the male version of that skill.

Galeforce is Dark Flier-only and to obtain that class you also need to buy the other two paths (under the bonus while in "My Castle"), and by the time you get it (level 35) there's not a lot to use it against. You only get two per save file and the class itself can't be passed down.

The skill, however, I think it does? Not sure, only have Conquest so no Dread Fighter/Dark Flier for me.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Also a small correction.

There's a DLC that can give you Ebon Wings and Dread Scrolls but it's released next month, so technically you can get a Gale Force army without worrying about eugenics.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Classes aren't restricted to gender anymore? That's neat, even if the DLC is gonna be next month.

And I saw on the shop there're seals that gives you the S/A+ ranked partner's class, how does that work? I can have every potential spouses get the Prince class or something?

Also, reiterating my question for pairing tips. I'm getting really close to S support some characters (really rather fast imo compared to Awakening), but I don't want to regret my decision.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 pm

The marriage one lets's you choose reclass into the first class of your wife/husband. If the wife is Aqua or Mozu, their husband reclass into their secondary class instead (Sky Knight and Archer), in the case of your avatar, it's whatever class you choose when creating them.

The partner one is A+ for non-avatar units, and A in the case of the avatar. It works the same, they can't reclass into the special classes. I think there's a DLC that gives you an item so you can reclass into the prince/princess classes but I'm not sure.

Edit: As for pairings, if you have a male avatar and want to get all the kid characters, don't make him marry any gen 1 girl. There's an even number of 1st gen men and women that can marry each other so if you marry, say, Felicia, one dude can't get married. There's two women in Birthright (Reina and Scarlet) and one in Conquest (Flora) that can only marry the avatar, so you HAVE to marry one of them so you can recruit every single character in the campaign.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 23, 2016 1:45 pm

shit, and i was planning for corrin to marry azura too, oh well, there's still revelation and birthright.

By the way, f*** Chapter 10 Conquest.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 23, 2016 2:28 pm

By the way, f*** Chapter 10 Conquest.
Lovely, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Feb 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Haha it gets worse. Escape three batallions of soldiers including some miniboss ninjas in 16 turns?

What kind of dysfunctional childhood this sadistic level designer went through to come up with these shit?

So, I heard DLC is coming today/tomorrow. Can I fucking grind now? Because goddamn I'm too casual for this shit, should've bought Birthright first instead.

Edit: holy shit i just read the dlc for march 24th, and i was right,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Feb 24, 2016 6:01 pm

YES, that's the DLC that becomes available tomorrow. Literally the only grinding thing for Nohr outside Invasions.

I'm currently in chapter 12 but I have troubles with this pot puzzle, and I really want to capture one samurai with the wolf-class and the other one with the kitsune-class skills.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 3:27 am

I seriously forgot that there's a capture mechanic. What is the benefit of it again, other than getting new unit?

Also, another question. I noticed that you can't use Heart Seal on promoted class to change into base class, and you keep the levels. So, I can't get the base class' skills for Camilla and Felicia? And damn, since Heart Seal doesn't revert your level, I guess you can't do the "promote > level up to max to get stats > change to other class > repeat" to get powerful unit?

How should I plan to level my units now?
1. Max initial base Class
2. Heart Seal secondary base Class
3. Promote and get Skills
4. Heart Seal to other promoted Classes?

Wait, shit, if you keep the level then doesn't that mean you miss out on other Classes' skills?
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 1:28 pm

They nerfed the hell out of galeforce. Like, I get why and all but when you're trying to get things like Shiro it helps.

Also, I can appreciate that they put in that whole scaling system, but is it too much to ask for an option to toggle that shit? DLC maps are a nightmare for casual players like me.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 2:31 pm

I seriously forgot that there's a capture mechanic. What is the benefit of it again, other than getting new unit?

Also, another question. I noticed that you can't use Heart Seal on promoted class to change into base class, and you keep the levels. So, I can't get the base class' skills for Camilla and Felicia? And damn, since Heart Seal doesn't revert your level, I guess you can't do the "promote > level up to max to get stats > change to other class > repeat" to get powerful unit?

How should I plan to level my units now?
1. Max initial base Class
2. Heart Seal secondary base Class
3. Promote and get Skills
4. Heart Seal to other promoted Classes?

Wait, shit, if you keep the level then doesn't that mean you miss out on other Classes' skills?

1 - Capture lets you get generic enemy units. They do get a name when "recruited" by bribe or persuasion, and very few bosses can be captured. Chapter 9 Hitaka, for example. Some generics and the bosses have good base stats and growts, and even skills from another class (Archers with counter!!!). On the negative side they can't heart seal, but they do promote if they are in a base class.

2 - When you heart seal, you learn one skill from the base class per level up. Say, you heart sealed as a Basara after promoting from Lord. You get the level 5 Spear Fighter skill on your first level up, on the second you get the level 10 skill.

As for the level limit, there's the eternal seal that increases your level cap by 5. So you can still learn more skills. There's also buying skills from other people castles but that can be a shore and some of them have hacked skills. Aptitude being the most glaring example. Only Mozu and the kids can have that skill, yet there are several castles with Aptitude on Corrin or other 1st gen characters.

Since you can''t reset your level, just wait until level 20. Or depending on your unit stats, even earlier. 15~18 might be a good level to promote.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Do you think the DLC is worth the price? I really like Birthright, but I am not a hard core Fire Emblem fan. I already purchased Conquest and I just don't know if I want to spend another $18 on the game. Should I just wait until after I beat Birthright? From what you guys have said, the DLC will be helpful if playing through Conquest.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Only Boo Camp helps you in Conquest since you don't get experience in the rest of the DLC. Some give you nice items and promotion items but some of those are released later (BALLISTICIAN!). If anything, I say wait until half or some are released.

The money one will be released next week I think, that's also helpful because holy shit I've never been that poor in a Fire Emblem game.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Can you explain what you mean by "the money one"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Fates (If)   Fire Emblem Fates (If) - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Fates (If)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next