Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?

Go down 
+7
Eoghan
Dr. Casey
Prinny
Moontoon
Suikoden
Taiyz
Tenshigami
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? Empty
PostSubject: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMMon Sep 04, 2017 2:59 pm

So as you can see, we got hit by some Korean spambots that posted upwards of 2400 threads, at least 48 pages of junk, to General Discussion. (Page count before I started doing anything was 77 and I doubt we had that many pages of our own stuff.)

I restored a backup from Forumotion dated August 24th, not only did it leave those accounts (and their bans, thankfully) intact, but Moontoon has a post from August 31st that is still around, so I'm not really sure what the backup did apart from deleting everything beyond page 3 of GD. Goddammit.

So now there's a couple things I can try. I can delete the GD subforum and remake it to purge all those threads (this shouldn't be a problem...?) After doing that, I want to try restoring the August 24th backup again so we can hopefully get all of OUR GD posts back.

If that doesn't work, there's an August 17th backup as well. I'm not sure if that'll do anything different considering that the Full Backup from August 24th didn't resolve this issue and all this garbage happened JUST TODAY, but I don't know what else to try.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMMon Sep 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Deleting the GD subforum and remaking it at this point wouldn't be a problem at all considering all legitimate threads in the subforum are already gone. Wow, thanks forumotion! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMMon Sep 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Wow that's a lot of spam x.x Can I help out somehow? Started deleting threads but realized it could take a while. Also I can't seem to be able to access the admin panel anymore?
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMMon Sep 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Looks like our threads are back now at least, but we still have pages upon pages of those spam threads. I wish there was some easy way to take care of them but from the sounds of what Taiyz said it seems there isn't? Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMMon Sep 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Whooooooa man.

Edit: I'm having the same problem as Moonie; the admin panel is gone. .-.

Double edit: Did all the spring cleaning.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMMon Sep 04, 2017 11:48 pm

The admin panel appears for me, are you guys still having an issue?

I'm assuming that restoring the backup of GD just took longer because of the sheer volume of shit that was in here. 74 pages, between 3700 and 3750 threads of nothing.

How did you manage to get rid of things Suikoden? I couldn't find a bulk delete option for users or for sub-forums, so I assumed we'd be stuck having to go through each spam thread one by one, unless the backup deleted them all except for the 3 pages I saw when I last signed in (so less than 150 threads.)
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMTue Sep 05, 2017 3:24 am

Yeah it's odd. Where it used to be at the on the page is just blank space now.

As for how I deleted stuff I went to GD, looked at the bottom of the page for the permissions list and then clicked on "You can moderate this forum" Once on that new page I just started hitting mark all and began mass deleting shit page by page. Didn't take too long honestly.

Btw Taiyz would you be interested in joining the Reservia discord server? It'd just the small number of us honestly and already have some on board.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMTue Sep 05, 2017 3:33 am

Great job, Sui! Still can't see the admin panel though.
Back to top Go down
Eoghan

Eoghan

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMTue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Wow, what happened is really bad. Thanks to the staff for your work!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMThu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 am

Huh. Wish I had found that link before attempting the backup. Then again, in theory the backup should have fixed all our problems.

Anyway, I think I found a solution to the admin panel problem. Although your rank colours didn't change when posting, it seems like you guys were switched to moderator status as far as the groups, memberlist and admin panel are concerned. Curiously, EVERY mod and admin was deselected as moderator of the Berseria and Forum Games subforums. I've fixed that as well.

Let me know if that worked for you guys.

Regarding the Discord, PM me the details I suppose. I don't use Discord but I'll probably have to eventually with the way the gaming side of the internet is being steered. =P
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMThu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 am

The admin panel is back! Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMThu Sep 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Ugh, there's now a list of every mod and admin under each subforum. I don't know what the hell caused that since all I did was add you guys to the admin group and tag everyone's ability to moderate those two subforums that were deselected.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMThu Sep 07, 2017 11:58 pm

You can post temporary links to the Discord if you want. I spend more time in Discord chat rooms then forums.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Casey
Anime Girl Advocate
Dr. Casey

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMTue Sep 12, 2017 5:48 am

Wow, things have really become a mess since I last came by a couple of weeks ago.

How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? Ooyashishunki

What Prinny said though, post a link to the Reservia Discord so I can join.
Back to top Go down
Eoghan

Eoghan

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMTue Sep 12, 2017 5:53 am

I would really love to join the Discord server too ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMWed Sep 13, 2017 11:40 am

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Grim

Grim

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMWed Sep 13, 2017 6:10 pm

I'd love to join a discord too!!
Back to top Go down
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaMThu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Me too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?   How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

How is this supposed to be a backup, Forumotion?
Page 1 of 1