Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Symphonia PC Retextures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Symphonia PC Retextures Empty
PostSubject: Symphonia PC Retextures   Symphonia PC Retextures 07v2DaMSun Nov 27, 2016 9:55 pm

So TSFix has supported texture dumping and streaming for some time now, but only a handful of people seem to have done anything with it- and unless some mastermind has been going to town in shadows, I seem to be the most active among them! (...I'll take the no-prize...)  But real life has come calling and the artistic meandering must end, so I made a few videos of what I got working.  Naturally everything is fair game, characters, objects, backgrounds, spell textures, whatever, and any sized texture at any resolution will wrap.  Naturally I abused voraciously with 2560 x 2560 upscaled character textures (which I then gutted and refilled) and some ludicrously oversized spell and background textures, all saved losslessly, in tandem with the fix-maker's four-fold upscale of every texture in the game, because it is not like Symphonia gives any modern GPU anything better to do.

Sadly I only started working with spells in earnest after I recorded the Sword Dancer video, because Grave and Eruption are two of the most obvious changes when tinkered with.

Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Symphonia PC Retextures 07v2DaMSat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 am

I had one more in me.
Back to top Go down
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Symphonia PC Retextures 07v2DaMThu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 am

A bit late but didn't see this til now. Thanks for posting! The fire seal looks really good.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Symphonia PC Retextures 07v2DaMTue Jan 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks for that!

Frankly I am just hoping to inspire a better artist to take this up. A Steam poster made a thread months ago disappointed at the lack of mods when the tools existed, compelling Kaldaien to rebuild his texture streaming process and make the upscale packs as a proof of concept, now I have these videos and a Steam guide I made at the start of the month. Now we'll see if anyone else eventually grabs the baton from me. I am not optimistic, but I had my fun. I might make one more video with the first Pronyma fight in costume- a lot of major characters, special backgrounds- the next time I get there.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Symphonia PC Retextures 07v2DaMSun May 28, 2017 2:28 pm

So it turns out I did not sign off this little aimless project after all. Started taking a scalpel to the Water Seal; just doing a surface or two at time at my leisure rather than a couple days of tunnel vision.  Everything still WIP, of course, some unchanged bricks (and Servimg's compression artifacts so strongly that some changed surfaces look unchanged!), the cave wall may change, and I need something for the clay and marble surfaces.

1920 x 1080 Screencaps:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Symphonia PC Retextures 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Symphonia PC Retextures
Page 1 of 1