HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Symphonia PC Retextures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Symphonia PC Retextures   Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:55 pm

So TSFix has supported texture dumping and streaming for some time now, but only a handful of people seem to have done anything with it- and unless some mastermind has been going to town in shadows, I seem to be the most active among them! (...I'll take the no-prize...)  But real life has come calling and the artistic meandering must end, so I made a few videos of what I got working.  Naturally everything is fair game, characters, objects, backgrounds, spell textures, whatever, and any sized texture at any resolution will wrap.  Naturally I abused voraciously with 2560 x 2560 upscaled character textures (which I then gutted and refilled) and some ludicrously oversized spell and background textures, all saved losslessly, in tandem with the fix-maker's four-fold upscale of every texture in the game, because it is not like Symphonia gives any modern GPU anything better to do.

Sadly I only started working with spells in earnest after I recorded the Sword Dancer video, because Grave and Eruption are two of the most obvious changes when tinkered with.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 am

I had one more in me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 am

A bit late but didn't see this til now. Thanks for posting! The fire seal looks really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks for that!

Frankly I am just hoping to inspire a better artist to take this up. A Steam poster made a thread months ago disappointed at the lack of mods when the tools existed, compelling Kaldaien to rebuild his texture streaming process and make the upscale packs as a proof of concept, now I have these videos and a Steam guide I made at the start of the month. Now we'll see if anyone else eventually grabs the baton from me. I am not optimistic, but I had my fun. I might make one more video with the first Pronyma fight in costume- a lot of major characters, special backgrounds- the next time I get there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Symphonia PC Retextures   

Back to top Go down

Symphonia PC Retextures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: Art :: Tales Art-
Jump to: