HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Final Fantasy XV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
swordandshield

PostSubject: Final Fantasy XV   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Just curious on what everyone's thoughts about it is? Did it meet your expectations for another FF game or was it a disappointment?

Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XV   Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:46 pm

I've been enjoying it quite a bit so far, but I'm only in chapter 3. I've had the most fun just running around and doing side quests, but I've also heard reports of people being too over leveled after doing them all so...

Combat seems fine to me, it just bothers me that the only way to turn off friendly fire is dlc. (Principle of it, not gameplay) If I wasn't focusing on melee weapons I would probably miss more traditional magic too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XV   Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Yeah, the DLC nonsense for this game is pretty absurd. One of the items in the Holiday Pack+ just gives you unlimited stamina.

Personally I'm glad that the game is being well-received, I'm actually a little shocked that they managed to make a good game out of the clusterfuck development hell it was in. The demos that came out were enjoyable but really didn't feel like quality, the full game has a surprising amount of polish.

I wish there was more depth to the combat system, even something more like Dragon's Dogma would be preferred to the very automatic feeling of the combat.

In a way the game seems like kind of a direct response to all the whining about FFXIII. Oh you don't want a linear game? Here's a gigantic sandbox.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swordandshield

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XV   Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:42 pm

Well I like the open world and all the sidequests you can do FFXV, it's a refreshing change of pace compared to the FFXIII trilogy though FFXIII-2 had it's fair share of sidequests and secret bonus bosses and the like. I never really got into Lightning Returns even though I have the game because Lightning just doesn't interest me very much as a character.

Anyway, the combat is simple in FFXV, although it took me a bit to get used to it. It's very easy to be overpowered and level up but weapons mean more than level in many situations. Kind of like weapons and armor mean more than levels in the witcher 3 and dark souls although you need levels to equip the armor and weapons.

I got the holiday pack and the only real accessory I use from it is the ring of resistance so I don't hurt or kill my party members when I cast spells. Spells can be pretty overpowering as well especially if you craft them a certain way, they can be very powerful and do tons of damage.

But yeah FFXV...it's different for Final Fantasy game, that's for sure. I still haven't ended it yet as I only just got the game a few weeks ago and it usually takes me a month or 2 to complete a game depending on how big it is so I can't give a full opinion on it yet but I enjoy it so far.

Taiyz
Admin Idol

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XV   Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:26 pm

I think we can all agree though, that FFXV has given us a lot of hope for that FFVII remake. Yeah it's probably going to take WAY too long to come out, but I was actually worried about it when early FFXV demos were available and the combat wasn't feeling super great.

Dr Pepper. It's an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcom
School Idol

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XV   Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:14 am

Loved it, even after that linear nonsense and chapter 13 (the irony)

Time to wait 5045694068308 years for DLC episodes and Aranea playable please happen

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XV   

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: