Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this forum dying?

Go down 
+21
Eoghan
Venom
Tenshigami
Harbinger
fateoffate
TalesofHysteria
Chosen Zelos
Abicion
TalonStorm
Jean
Grim
Velvet Crowe
Taiyz
Suikoden
Falcom
Rainstorm
Moontoon
Prinny
OdinYggdrasil
Psypher
swordandshield
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

Is this forum dying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Apr 05, 2017 11:00 pm

LOL of course!

I totally feel that, I'd love the full experience of the ones I played in Japanese! Honestly, Abyss 3DS was such a weird game for us, it was literally just portability, the only reason to buy it other than supporting the series, in North America at least. I'd love some HD ports of Rebirth, Destiny 2, Destiny R, so pleasant
Back to top Go down
TalonStorm

TalonStorm

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Apr 08, 2017 1:39 am

I never got Abyss 3DS mainly because I really didn't see a reason to get it when I already had it on the PS2, but it did sound weird to me too. Although in general, I do find it odd when a game is made originally on a console, then it's simply ported to a handheld years later, since the original game wouldn't even take full advantage of the new system it's on. But in this case, I wasn't sure why to the 3DS of all things... wasn't Bandai Namco trying to put all of the series onto one brand of consoles?

I would definitely be happy with one of those suggestions (especially if we get a surprise Tales of Rebirth port because I have been thinking of getting that game next in my back-tracking of the series). Although I'd also like some of the cross-over games, I'd have to say that the main games should take priority of being ported over first.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Apr 08, 2017 2:59 am

For Japan at least it was a chance to get it portable while also getting to see the NA only content that got tacked on just for us. For Europe, I think, it was their first time getting Abyss. It's not unusual though, Rebirth and Destiny 2 were put on the PSP just because they were popular and to give portability, I think there were some minor enhancements but I'm not sure. I didn't mind though, I didn't get my PS2 modded for quite awhile so the PSP versions really helped me play through the whole series!

I'd love the crossovers but its too late at this point, I'm just hoping for 1. for there to BE a next big Tales of the World, and 2. that it gets localized, I don't even mind if skits are unvoiced if we can get it fully in English.
Back to top Go down
Eoghan

Eoghan

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Apr 08, 2017 5:54 pm

I would absolutely love a remake of those that would be localised so that I could play them with a maybe better translation than the fantranslations I've been using. And I would love these games to be made more available to people of my country because I love them a LOT. Especially Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut, Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth.

And I confirm for Europe. The 3DS port really was the first time Abyss came out in my country (France). The only way to get it before that was to import a US copy of the game but that would only work if you had a modded PS2 or Magic Swap. I already had that because I needed it to play the Japanese only games, but it wasn't the case for everyone.
Back to top Go down
TalonStorm

TalonStorm

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Apr 11, 2017 7:50 am

Europe didn't have Tales of the Abyss the first time? That is surprising to me. I suppose then it was a good thing that this was a chance for the European countries to get it then. It would be nice if it was easier just to get games licensed in each region so that it can make any game more available for us gamers, but I know that's not happening (not enough profit in that).

Let's hope there is going to be another big Tales of the World, but I don't have much hope in that. So far, it seems like Bandai Namco is focusing on the cross overs for mobile games. Which is a shame, because while I do play them, it's more for something I just do while waiting in a long line or commuting somewhere. Plus, those games aren't made to be played on hours on end, so if you can't understand the story, there's not much enjoyment you can get from the games.

Which of the Tales games have made it to France, by the way, Eoghan? I'm a bit curious as to what was localised there.
Back to top Go down
Eoghan

Eoghan

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Apr 11, 2017 8:55 am

No, we didn't. Didn't get Tales of Destiny PSX and Tales of Legendia either.

In France we have Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Tales of Eternia (PSP), Tales of Symphonia (GC + PS3), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii + PS3), Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP), Tales of the Abyss (3DS), Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360), Tales of Hearts-R (PS Vita), Tales of Graces-f (PS3), Tales of Xillia 1&2 (PS3), Tales of Zestiria (PS3 + PS4) and Tales of Berseria (PS4). We also got Tales of Link on mobile.

But even among the games that came out in France, there are some with English text only so French people who don't understand English can't play them (Tales of Eternia, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and Tales of the Abyss).
Back to top Go down
TalonStorm

TalonStorm

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Apr 14, 2017 2:18 am

That seems like a giant gap of games between Phantasia to Symphonia. Especially considering that the only game that came out between them wasn't even translated into French. I imagine that'd have been extremely tough for those older fans in France.
Back to top Go down
Eoghan

Eoghan

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Apr 14, 2017 5:49 am

Yeah, it really was. Most people only knew Symphonia because it was the first game to be correctly advertized. There are people who got to know the series since Phantasia, but they are quite rare.

At least, now, things are much better.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Everyone knows my blog is the only hip place to be on the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Apr 16, 2017 5:02 am

^ I'd say that goes without saying, but, I ain't one to interfere in a sales pitch.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Apr 16, 2017 11:12 pm

I just visited said blog, can concur
Back to top Go down
TalonStorm

TalonStorm

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 am

I feel as if I am missing out on a joke here. That, or something truly awesome that will completely blow my mind.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 pm

It's just a normal tumblr don't worry, unless he has another blog I could not find through a cursory google
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Jul 20, 2017 11:08 pm

Shame there's not been much activity lately at all.

Anyone still here?
Back to top Go down
fateoffate
The Molester
fateoffate

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jul 21, 2017 7:31 am

TalesofHysteria wrote:

Anyone still here?
I'm here sometimes.
Maybe once a week to find some discussion.
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jul 22, 2017 2:25 am

fateoffate wrote:
TalesofHysteria wrote:

Anyone still here?
I'm here sometimes.

You gonna play Tales of the Rays at all when it releases in English?

I'm not a mobile gamer but it's Tales so I'll have to. Besides, it looks surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
fateoffate
The Molester
fateoffate

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 pm

TalesofHysteria wrote:
fateoffate wrote:
TalesofHysteria wrote:

Anyone still here?
I'm here sometimes.

You gonna play Tales of the Rays at all when it releases in English?

I'm not a mobile gamer but it's Tales so I'll have to. Besides, it looks surprisingly good.
I don't have strong enough phone for that so no.
My phone barely able to play card game with high visual effect.
Back to top Go down
Grim

Grim

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Jul 24, 2017 12:46 pm

I check on this place once in a blue moon.

Tales of the Rays looks pretty cool, I'll probably check it out and then most likely destroy my phones battery lol
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Aug 15, 2017 7:21 pm

The dead-ness of this places is depressing. Figured Tales of the Rays would spark a little interest, but NOPE.
Maybe a Tales Discord exists somewhere...
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 pm

I would play Tales of the Rays if it was on a console, but I hate touch screen controls for 3d games, especially a Tales game. I tried it but the controls didn't work that well for me.

Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Aug 18, 2017 4:10 pm

I haven't played ToR. I'm still waiting for the next big Tales game Sad
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 pm

I'm enjoying Tales of the Rays - I think I just found and followed you Prinny. Anyway, while I don't generally like touch screen gaming, they did manage to make the semi-auto combat of the Tales series work fairly well with it. If you dislike the trappings of the current gacha game craze though, you will not like this one.

@Venom as for a Tales discord server, I did try creating one for Reservia a year or so ago, but either no one was interested or Reservia was already too dead, so I deleted it after a few weeks. If I could make it work, I would love to create one for us, though.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 am

Well, I would be totally down for a revived Tales Discord, as I missed the original due to not having Discord then.

And about touch screen controls and Tales, I think the setup they have for TotR works pretty well. Game is a pretty fun time waster, pretty much a Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 4 lol...
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Eoghan

Eoghan

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 am

I hadn't joined the forum yet when the Tales Discord was in existance and I would be really interested in a revival. ^^
Back to top Go down
Apple151

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Sep 24, 2018 12:06 am

Ok so I'm barely here as in I've only made 3-4 posts and don't know anyone, HOWEVER, it just so happens that the older video game forum (where we discussed stuff like Tales and anime and movies, etc) I was a part of is sorta falling apart. They're pretty active though and have quite a few people involved and I was thinking that if that one all died for whatever reason maybe some might come here if this place is still sort of a thing, which I guess it sorta seems to be...

So I don't know, I realize it does feel very empty but on the other hand it does seem to really be supported, and maybe in the future that will mean more fans from other places also and with more activity who knows I suppose...

Although I don't know when that site will kick the bucket, exactly, it's just been sorta circling the drain due to a variety of reasons..

I guess what I'm saying is I know this place is pretty vacant, but you never really know I think sometimes how things are going to go Smile  could go one way but could go another Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this forum dying?   Is this forum dying? - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Is this forum dying?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next