Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TalonStorm

TalonStorm

Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2) Empty
PostSubject: Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2)   Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2) 07v2DaMWed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 am

I'm just replaying this game the second time through, since I wanted to see if I can get the true ending, and I just noticed there's a damn jump in difficulty when it comes to the first boss battle with Chronos.

Seriously, there's just no reason for why they have a difficulty spike like this so soon. I was at level 19-20, hadn't upgraded any armour because I didn't feel any need to. Nothing in the game was giving me any trouble by this point. Then I get to this boss battle and just remembered that yeah... I'm not meant to just let myself be killed here.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to give you a boss battle that early in the game, who has an arte that allows them to have control of half of your characters, just to make them kill each other off. That's the sort of shit I'm expecting at the end of the game. Not the 6th hour in.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2)   Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2) 07v2DaMWed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Chronos was annoying, I found I either flattened him, or he flattened me. UGH I'm glad Berseria was well paced, I'd say the same for Zestiria, but it was so up to weird customization system
Back to top Go down
TalonStorm

TalonStorm

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2)   Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2) 07v2DaMSat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 am

I would not be surprised if he were at the same stats and HP everytime you encounter him. I can't exactly remember, but this would be the only way to explain why Chronos is so much tougher to fight the first time compared to all the other encounters.

Despite the problems with battles in Zestirira, at least it was obvious when a boss battle was meant to be winnable or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2)   Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2) 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Difficulty spike in some boss battles (Xillia 2)
Page 1 of 1