Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discover Some New Music? Let us know!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DoubleL

DoubleL

Discover Some New Music? Let us know! Empty
PostSubject: Discover Some New Music? Let us know!   Discover Some New Music? Let us know! 07v2DaMFri Mar 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Alright, so "Now Listening" threads are worse than useless garbage. However, it's always great to share when you find a new band/musician. Given our extremely low volume both on Reservia and within the music forum in particular, it's not usually tenable to make an entire new thread for a group you just started listening to unless there's a high degree of discussion already brewing about them.

SO HERE'S HOW WE GONNA DO THIS.

Just discovered a new musician/band and feel REALLY EXCITED ABOUT IT? GREAT. Post one or two of their songs (learn how to embed YouTube videos!) and say a brief something-something about them to give some context. It's that easy! And if this becomes spammy, then Covert Sushi will probably just drop in and murder everybody. If it doesn't, we might have a semi productive way to share new music! Either way, EVERYBODY WINS.

----

Anyhow, I just discovered this guy Scroobius Pip today, a UK-based rapper who is at least half of his rocker -if not a full two-thirds. Fantastic lyrical content going on at all levels and some generally goofy/awesome music videos to boot. Apparently he's been doing his thing pretty visibly since at least 2011, which goes to show how slow I am at discovering awesome people.

"You see a mousetrap.
I see free cheese and a ****ing challenge."
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Discover Some New Music? Let us know!   Discover Some New Music? Let us know! 07v2DaMTue May 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Hans Zimmer banging on dubstep buttons for like 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Dis

Dis

PostSubject: Re: Discover Some New Music? Let us know!   Discover Some New Music? Let us know! 07v2DaMFri Jun 13, 2014 11:11 am

I wouldn't say I discovered them as such recently, but I did infact go to see them live just last week and they were simply amazing. If you have ever heard of The XX and you like them, then there is a strong possibility that you will enjoy London Grammar which is what I am showcasing for you right now.

Check them out and see what you think, I'll post a song they did with Disclosure too because it's a little different, but the voice is still there.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tragicdisclosure.tumblr.com
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Discover Some New Music? Let us know!   Discover Some New Music? Let us know! 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Frankly I wonder how the hell I didn't heard this song before today but I've found a new favourite. It's just so touching a song and so manigificently executed. It actually made me cry tears of joy the first time I heard it.

Any song Grégory touched became pure magic. Rest in peace, little angel

Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Discover Some New Music? Let us know!   Discover Some New Music? Let us know! 07v2DaMFri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Globus.

Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discover Some New Music? Let us know!   Discover Some New Music? Let us know! 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Discover Some New Music? Let us know!
Page 1 of 1