Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS

Go down 
+39
Shadowfox
Sakura1106
Psypher
Samaƫl
Dracos
Jazzeh
King Cat the Sixth
CyborgZeta
Shy Link
Arn
Scrawlers
Bo Staff Katana
Naoshi
ShirleyVaga
Tenshigami
Zwei.0
Suikoden
Divinus Fulmen
Colour
TrulyBigHeaded
Abicion
warriorangel01
Yoh-dono
Falcom
DylDawg
Zacewing
TimeFactor
Varrius
Drake
Rainstorm
Txn
Celestial Phoenix
BlazingFiddlesticks
DreamSword
Slivendiferious
Moontoon
senelcoolidge
Prinny
Taiyz
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Dracos

Dracos

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 2:33 pm

I really like most of the new characters(except mega man) and It's great what they did to zero suit samus as she feels like my main fox. I am a bit annoyed at that some of shulks moves can be rather slow due to the beam coming out a second after he stabs with it. Little mac is better and funner than I expected what with his insane speed and good ranged specials that makes him still able to combo even on the ground.

I am going to try and make rosalina work but it's going to take a lot of work to understand which attacks will move the luma the way I want. I also have to try and figure out how its AI works to control it properly. I wish they replaced the side special with one that quickly moves the luma horizontally as that would help manage things.

Well it's nice that there's a good amount of people here to play.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Good luck Dracos. I was hoping that Smash 4 would help me decide who I prefer between Peach and Rosalina but it really didn't help me at all. I may play as Rosalina occasionally but I've pretty much given up on maining her, she's just not my style. Maybe customizing her would work better for me. I really just find a lot of her attacks underwhelming considering how creative Peach's moveset is, the star bits and star launcher moves are nice references but really unimpressive attacks. Her not being voiced by Laura Faye Smith is also disappointing. She's still my Mario Kart gal, though (undecided about 3D World and World Tour.)

Slivendiferious wrote:
I want to battle all of you, but I must warn you.

I mostly play Mii Swordfighter or ZS Samus, but I suck at every single character in this game, so I won't be much of an opponent.

=(
My only complaint is that I would like you to play as somebody other than ZS Sammy so I can be a special little snowflake. XP

Seriously though, the more I play the more I'm digging it. I'm adjusting to the dash mechanic, now the only thing about the circle pad that bothers me is that you have to double-tap down to pass through objects, it's kind of awkward with the circle pad.

I feel like the online mode's gonna disappoint me though. I already know there's no voice chat, but I wouldn't be surprised if the match options are barebones...I want a 99 stock match, goddammit!

Again I have to gush about how awesome ZS Samus is, she's pretty much perfection...I think she's the first fighting game character that I've truly felt was suited to me. Metroid IS my favourite Nintendo franchise, but I've never been particularly good with Samus in Smash Bros., always favouring the more direct swordsman characters (and Peach, who may as well be a swordswoman with her amazing forward smash, gotta love the frying pan from Mario RPG! That and the Lazy Shell were the game's most powerful weapons, right?)

When I played Brawl that one time in the past, I thought there was some sort of code to start as ZS Samus right of the bat (like Shiek,) but either there isn't one or I didn't know it. I can't remember if I ever got to use her, and I think if I did, I got KOed right away because I was playing like a super scrub with any controller configuration since I hadn't touched a Wii or the Gamecube in years. I'm kinda curious now, how different she is between the two iterations because of her sweet new jet boots (PS her starting animation where she slows her descent with the boots is so great.)

Now we just need a Zero Suit Samus game. There isn't a Justin Bailey mode for Zero Mission, is there?

Moontoon wrote:
One of my mains; Pit feels so different so I have to develop a new fighting style with him .__. I do love his new dorky voice though!
A new voice, a new playstyle. Seriously, Pit's current design may have originated in Brawl, but Uprising really developed him into a third iteration IMO. Pit definitely suits you IMO.

BTW guys, add me, 5257 - 8694 - 2050. This thing still doesn't have friend requests though, does it?
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Taiyz wrote:
A new voice, a new playstyle. Seriously, Pit's current design may have originated in Brawl, but Uprising really developed him into a third iteration IMO. Pit definitely suits you IMO.

BTW guys, add me, 5257 - 8694 - 2050. This thing still doesn't have friend requests though, does it?

Oh yes Very Happy Will continue practicing with him.

Adding you btw. My friendcode: 3265-5045-2448.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Taiyz wrote:
My only complaint is that I would like you to play as somebody other than ZS Sammy so I can be a special little snowflake. XP
That's fine xD

Since then I've tried my hand at Shulk, which I guess is pretty ok.

And I like Mii Brawler and Kirby, so far.

I'm glad Kirby got buffed.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Oh wow, you can basically modify all the options you want, at least in a friends-only match. Good job, Nintendo! I was expecting something really close-minded. 99 stock matches await!
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 5:53 pm

By the way here's my friend code 5172-2310-5032.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 7:01 pm

So looking at my usuals, Bowser is actually decent this time round, Pikachu and Donkey Kong have yet to be geuinely awful... now to pray the Gerudo gets out of the mire. Ā We'll see.

Taiyz wrote:
When I played Brawl that one time in the past, I thought there was some sort of code to start as ZS Samus right of the bat (like Shiek,) but either there isn't one or I didn't know it.

There was one, though I don't recall it either.

Taiyz wrote:
Now we just need a Zero Suit Samus game.

Metroid without the Power Suit or something else entirey? Ā A straight action game might work better, but it'd be another nail in the PSP's Captain Falcon's comback coffin. Ā Not that F-Zero exists anymore with Mario Kart Wii literally selling 30 million copies because it was a pack-in game with lightining in a bottle.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Quote from a conversation I had with Slivy-divvy while playing:

I wrote:
I want a zero suit-focused beat-'em-up with character development
let her use a variety of attachments and equipables like the jet boots
and let her show off her amazonian-level strength she supposedly has
She doesn't need power armour to kick ass and Nintendo needs to show that
Action game would also work, just as long as somebody with respect for the character writes the script.

This was kicked off by Sliv's surprise when I landed on his head and shoved him into the ground. Like I said, amazonian.

Also the net-code is great, but except shit gameplay in most of America. I played with BY2K who is literally a province away, but because of one of our connections, it ran like shit. Playing with Slivius was lag-free for me, 'cuz o' dat Yurrapee'n innanet. It's a shame that the Slivmeister's circle pad is now broken, but I guess it's a good excuse to upgrade to the New 3DS for him.

BTW guys I'd like to start a Reservia Smash chat on Skype considering the 3DS version's lack of voice chat. Ideally I'd like to keep it limited to just our members though, to avoid confusion.

Dracos, I added you, but because NNIDs are meaningless on the 3DS, you'll have to add me as well.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Alright I will add you in a second. Hope my internet isn't bad, personally on my ps3 I have never had any lag problems.

I am a bit disappointed to find that they nerfed fox by giving his up smash insane ending lag. Also his foward aerial is different and overall his aerial juggles aren't as good as they used to be and he is generally inferior to zs samus. On the plus side I have made a new breakthrough with rosalina now that I know that when the luma moves back towards you automatically if it detaches, that it will actually not stick back with you but instead keep a set distance away from you.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Oct 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Just keep in mind that if you do a smash attack, Luma will change directions to match the direction you're attacking, at least that's what I felt was happening when Luma was detached.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 2:58 am

My FC is 0473-8899-0104. It isn't my 3DS, but I've added the three of you who've posted theirs in the last few pages.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 7:11 am

Dracos wrote:
By the way here's my friend code 5172-2310-5032.
Gonna add you later today.

Drake wrote:
My FC is 0473-8899-0104. It isn't my 3DS, but I've added the three of you who've posted theirs in the last few pages.
And you as well if I don't have you already?

Taiyz wrote:
It's a shame that the Slivmeister's circle pad is now broken, but I guess it's a good excuse to upgrade to the New 3DS for him.
Nintendoooooooooooo. Why are you doing this to me?

My circle pad still takes directional input, but continuously instead of just once. This means that anything which requires two inputs in a direction very quickly after one another is nearly impossible now, like double jumps with the circle pad, dashing, falling through floors, rolling to the side with a shield up, dash attacks, etc.
Ironically, attacks which require no directional input at all are also virtually impossible, like Neutral B and Neutral A.
It just goes into side, up or down automatically.

I've been trying to teach myself how to fight by jumping with the X and Y buttons, but it would certainly be nice if I could start using the D pad instead of the Circle Pad, NINTENDO!

That said, I've been relatively succesful and I would like to introduce you to my new main:
Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 300px-BowserJrSSB4Render
This little guy is awesome and I am going to master him.

Haven't been able to win with him against LV 9 AI's yet, but I'm getting much closer than I got with any other character.
This guy just handles really intuitively.

Loving the nicknames Taiyz xD

edit: I might try modifying my 3DS to accept GC Controller input...

"Fixed" it...
Sorta.

Still going to try to rely on the x and y buttons for jumping because this circle pad is no longer reliable.
Back to top Go down
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 2:00 pm

I have the game, FC is 5069-4469-7996 if anyone wants to add me

Took me a while to get used to the controls, but I'm enjoying it a lot more now.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:

Gonna add you later today.
Alright but I can't find your friend code.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Added Drake, Dracos and Psypher.

FC: 5284-2729-6121
Back to top Go down
Sakura1106

Sakura1106

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 8:49 pm

These matches are p fun ;v; I cant wait for Wii U ver, it'll be easier
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 pm

You could customize your controls. I have X and B set to jump. Y for attacks and A for specials. At first I was gonna try Y and X for attack and special (like One Piece: Unlimited World Red,) or X and A (like Bayonetta) but I found it a little awkward inputting directions while also hitting Y. If I could double up the special button, I'd be happier.

Jazz should probably post her friend code in here considering her post on the previous page, HINT HINT.

Added Psypher BTW.

WHAT'S YOUR FRIEND CODE SAKURA
Back to top Go down
Sakura1106

Sakura1106

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Taiyz wrote:
WHAT'S YOUR FRIEND CODE SAKURA

4141 2673 5895!
And yours?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 10:54 pm

5257 - 8694 - 2050
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Oct 06, 2014 12:06 am

Taiyz wrote:
Jazz should probably post her friend code in here considering her post on the previous page, HINT HINT.

Hey it's not my fault no one remembered the fc sticky in this subforum

...and i guess i'll go ahead and add the codes that were posted in this topic while i'm at it.
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Sakura1106

Sakura1106

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Oct 06, 2014 12:11 am

added!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Oct 06, 2014 2:01 am

Jazzeh wrote:
Taiyz wrote:

Hey it's not my fault no one remembered the fc sticky in this subforum

...and i guess i'll go ahead and add the codes that were posted in this topic while i'm at it.
I looked in there but I couldn't tell if it wasn't kept up to date or just inactive. It's probably because of our forum's nature to only play multiplayer games when a new title has come out, for maybe 3-4 weeks, to 3 months if lucky. (RIP Mario Kart 8.) I see this friend code stuff in a lot of threads so I figured I should post it in here, but I think we need to fix that.

OKAY EVERYBODY, FRIEND CODES IN THE STICKY FROM THIS POINT ON
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Oct 06, 2014 10:36 am

My god, whoever thought using the Circle-pad for Super Smash Bros was a brilliant idea?

I flunk so many recoveries because I go to the side instead of up.

LV 9 AI is pretty annoying. I never realized how long you can dodge in mid-air.
Or how long the AI can do it, rather.

I have yet to pull it off succesfully.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Oct 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Is it just me or is the level 9 ai harder than ever in this game. I have never seen them so patient, precise, and able to counter everything you do so easily, especially one on one. It feels more like luck fighting them with a roll of the dice choosing whether they will dodge/shield or not.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaMTue Oct 07, 2014 1:00 am

They're very good at dodging and countering, yes. They'll also actively try to edgeguard you, which wasn't really a thing before. The AI has clearly improved.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS   Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Page 11 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next