Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What weapon would you use?

Go down 
+13
Yoh-dono
DarkInvasion
Naoshi
AriArk
cutepresea
DylDawg
BlazingFiddlesticks
Arn
DreamSword
Txn
Venom
Yume Hanabi
Slivendiferious
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

What weapon would you use? Empty
PostSubject: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 8:38 am

If you were in a Tales Of game...

Disclaimer: you are allowed to think of any weapon as long as you can make it sound believable and you honestly think using it would allow you to aid your companions in battle.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 8:53 am

Throwing daggers sound fun; I like Cheria's fighting style. That and spells x3
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 9:14 am

Magic infused guns for me.
A sniper rifle for long ranged attacks, a shotgun with a bayonet for close range and melee, and a rocket/missile launcher for big attacks.
Yeah, I like guns...
That and everyone and their mom has blade-type or blunt melee weapons in Tales outside of a handful like Pascal and such.
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 11:28 am

Who needs weapons? Just punch and kick any enemy that dares to block your path!

That, plus Sheena's elemental seals to exploit enemy weakness.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 11:38 am

I'll be Mr. Generic and use swords.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Tokunaga obv
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Either fists (never really powerless if you emphasize the basics) or polearms- get some Judy or and Eugene nonsense going. Or better yet both.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 3:06 pm

DreamSword wrote:
I'll be Mr. Generic and use swords.

Me too! Mechswords sound fun too.
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 3:07 pm

I've always been the type to prefer the melee characters, so something like a sword, I guess.
Actually there aren't any scythe users as protags yet. We need those. Give me a scythe. Bahahaha.
(I'm an uncoordinated klutz so prepare for me to die not even an hour after uh...joining the party)
Back to top Go down
AriArk
Fairy Tail Wizard
AriArk

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Dual pistols all the way!
Back to top Go down
Naoshi

Naoshi

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMSun Apr 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Can I chose two weapons? Like swords and throwing knives like cheria? :3
Back to top Go down
DarkInvasion

DarkInvasion

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMMon Apr 07, 2014 10:53 pm

I'll dualwield a pair of pistolswords . no not gunblades the same kind that cervantes use which is something like this
http://www.gunpics.net/images/Useless.jpg

either that or a pair of bucklers used like knuckles
Back to top Go down
Yoh-dono

Yoh-dono

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMMon Apr 07, 2014 11:59 pm

A Tales of character with something like the Ripple would be kinda of cool, .... though if I were in a Tales of game it'd probably be Sword and Sickle.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMTue Apr 08, 2014 12:12 pm

My first choice is a sword all the way, but what about a nunchuckor a sai? It seems my love for the TMNT filters into everything...
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 2:28 am

Yoh-dono wrote:
A Tales of character with something like the Ripple would be kinda of cool, .... though if I were in a Tales of game it'd probably be Sword and Sickle.
The Ripple is like magic, BUT, what Tales games don't do is use that magic for creative purposes and strategies. A magic user that plays like Raven would be cool yo.

The Ripple is viable, but if we talk about Stands, the whole metagame/mechanics of Tales games would have to change. And I'd like to see that, unfortunately it will be too much messing with the Tales formula.

I've also been wondering if we add in a Tales character that uses Transformations as his/her gimmick. I'd like to see a Brawler whose Arte set changes if he transforms, or rather, can transform part of his bodies to boost some artes or something.

Will that be the mechanics for Tempest R?!

Back to top Go down
TempestBlade

TempestBlade

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Iron Fan is worth in Tales. It can summons soul and ghost.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 4:05 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Yoh-dono wrote:
The Ripple is like magic, BUT, what Tales games don't do is use that magic for creative purposes and strategies. A magic user that plays like Raven would be cool yo.

The Ripple is viable, but if we talk about Stands, the whole metagame/mechanics of Tales games would have to change. And I'd like to see that, unfortunately it will be too much messing with the Tales formula.

I admit I kind of went into Phantom Blood unsure about whether the Ripple would be a plot device bomb or work within clearly-defined rules while still doing amazing things anyway. I was very happy to see it was the latter. And even then it's much more than what Tales magic is capable of since Tales fights are all on flat planes.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 4:45 pm

What weapon would you use? BT15-090

Something as cool as this mauser would be sweet.

DylDawg wrote:
Mechswords sound fun too.

Does this work for ya?
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaMWed Apr 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Probably handguns/pistols if I was a character. I'd like to be ranged but not be helpless if something suddenly was all up in my grill. (I also kinda know how to use them since I obtained the license, but I hated (found it boring) the class and really don't like guns at all xD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What weapon would you use?   What weapon would you use? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1