Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which character should I choose in Xillia?

Go down 
+3
DreamSword
Samaël
swordandshield
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

Which character should I choose in Xillia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 4:32 am

Story or battle?
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 am

Whoever looks more interesting to you.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 10:56 am

Jude side first Milla side second?

I heard you get slightly more information (and a certain fight) that way you won't get on Milla's side?
Back to top Go down
PanbanRichard

PanbanRichard

PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Definitely Jude's first. Some people I know who went for Milla's first were disappointed about what wasn't explained at a certain point in the game moreso than what wasn't explained in Jude's side.
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 6:05 am

It really doesn't matter which side you pick first. You're going to miss crucial information either way. On Milla's side you get a lot more of Alvin's story earlier on, and as a result you see a lot more of his character development (important scenes, at that). On Jude's side you get more of Elise's story earlier on, and as a result see more of her development. There is a point in both games were Jude and Milla are separated in a very big way, and while a super important scene does happen for Jude, Leia, and Alvin on Jude's side, Milla gets a very crucial (and honestly unique and interesting) segment on her side during that time that really strengthens and solidifies her development, as well as explains why their reunion happens the way it does when the paths join up again. (It also continues one of the hardest boss fights in the entire game imo, so there's that.)

Honestly, no matter which side you play first you're going to be missing something, and gaining something else. I played Milla's side first and I didn't regret it at all. Both sides have their merits.

Basically (though I'm sure you've already started your file by now) just pick whichever one your gut tells you to, and remember that you can always choose to play as someone else in battle anyway. (Personally, I play as Leia. That girl has aerial maneuvers I haven't seen in a Tales Series game since DotNW's Emil. She's awesome.)
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 8:36 am

^This x100

None of the people I know personally who played Milla first regretted it. In fact I'd say that plot-wise, except from the specific part where they're separated near the end of the game, Milla's side gets more focus on what's really going on, while Jude is left in the dark for a longer time. But like Scrawlers said, they're about equal as to what they bring in terms of plot and character development - the focus is just distributed differently.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaMThu Jul 03, 2014 1:38 pm

It's worth playing Milla's side. Like I said, you get a lot more character development for Alvin earlier on if you play as her side (and understand his motivations more), and the segment that is only on her side is (as I said) one of the most unique and interesting segments I've seen in any game. Plus, it gives more insight for her, as well as more insight on Musee.

It's your choice, of course--no one can force you to play it--but both sides have really key scenes, so even though Jude and Milla are together a lot, you honestly should play both sides to get the full experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which character should I choose in Xillia?   Which character should I choose in Xillia? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Which character should I choose in Xillia?
Page 1 of 1